Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 30th June 2008, 12:28   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as can be commonly seen old gen diesel vehicles cant hold a candle to old gen petrol cars, but now its not the case
What makes you say that?

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 14:13   #257
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
What makes you say that?

Shan2nu
ahem...shantanu, I think you said it yourself. the Verna CRDI takes almost the same amount of time to attain 160kmph that an OHC VTEC does. and it drubs pretty much every petrol in its class when roll on timings are looked at.

they run further than petrols per full tank, and in our country, run on fuel that is much cheaper. these days, its the petrols that are struggling to keep up.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 14:44   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
hehe..

@ hellstar.. man you are a really nice driver your brake pads are ok at 41k!!! whoa. keep it up dude.
and hey you have petes tuning box installed right? man i wish i could tell you the deal, but what to do i have a personel commitment to you know who..hehe .
Thnx pal ! but i dont kow for how long i can keep up the brakepads! :-)

Oh man this pete's guys is all about secret deals and commitments!

And dude you sure do know a lot about the internals of the car , really good to have you around.

yesterday i was talking to a friend of mine and the person was making a statement like " Petrol Engines are always better than Diesel Engines - Ask anyone !" I think people are yet to accept the fact the diesels are as refined or even more refined than the petrols now a days ...
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 15:30   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ahem...shantanu, I think you said it yourself. the Verna CRDI takes almost the same amount of time to attain 160kmph that an OHC VTEC does. and it drubs pretty much every petrol in its class when roll on timings are looked at.
I never said diesel engines are on par with petrol engines. I only said that the Verna is as quick as the OHC VTEC. How many "NA" diesels do you find in the Indian market today and what sort of performance do they offer? Think about it....

Shan2nu
Old 30th June 2008, 16:10   #260
BHPian

ever wondered why its an easy bet to turbo charge the diesel engines..that is because the diesel engines have to be made strong anyways and hence adding on a turbo is no problem.
while in a petrol engine car adding a turbo is a headache because the engine is not inherently made strong enough for a turbo.
thats why OEM guys simply go with turbo charged diesel engines.
even now an NA diesel engine wont be able to match a petrol . but then again cost wise adding a turbo to diesel and a normal petrol engine car, similar cost is involved , in india the OEM guys charge a premium for the diesel cars, thats the main reason for the 1-2lakh rs difference. production wise and also economy wise, the turbo diesels are better compared to petrol and turbo fitted petrol cars anyday.

the advantage of diesel is particularly low-end toque which is additive i am sure all verna owners will agree
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 16:27   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
even now an NA diesel engine wont be able to match a petrol
Thats exactly what im saying. A diesel engine by itself cannot match a petrol.

Quote:
ever wondered why its an easy bet to turbo charge the diesel engines..that is because the diesel engines have to be made strong anyways and hence adding on a turbo is no problem.
But y turbocharge it in the first place, if they sell a diesel without a turbo, they can sell it for a lesser price, isn't it.

PS : We both very well know why they can't do that. Hehe

So lets just end this here and get back to discussing the Verna and other diesel technologies.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th June 2008 at 16:29.
Old 30th June 2008, 16:33   #262
BHPian

Well said buddy .

and hey if you guys want to know about spare part costs for front suspension related items for verna . do feel free to ask me. i have the list with me. hehe .
Old 4th July 2008, 14:06   #263
Senior - BHPian

An update here i have managedto get Rs 12,000/- in accordance with teh Hyundai A.S.S. Provided estimate to paint and rectify the Two door which were dented and scratched by my meihbour.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:52   #264
Senior - BHPian

Pictures please and also the direction/ address of the place where you got it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
An update here i have managedto get Rs 12,000/- in accordance with teh Hyundai A.S.S. Provided estimate to paint and rectify the Two door which were dented and scratched by my meihbour.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 16:35   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Pictures please and also the direction/ address of the place where you got it done.
Dadu i am getting back my car today evening , i will post the details of the job after that , as i dont wanna un necessarily give your a useless pointer. together with photographs and all the supporting information.

Please be advised that the work was not done at the A.S.S ( hmm i know that pretty devlish but i guess it was an oppurtunity )

Last edited by hellstar : 8th July 2008 at 16:38. Reason: moe info ...
Old 9th July 2008, 11:52   #266
Senior - BHPian

Default Scratch Free for Now - Touch Wood !

OK i will let the pictures do that talking

First Two pictures ,before the paint job !

Third picture onwards After the Paint job !

I must say that the guy (his name is "Mamu" )is an amazing guy.The work is near perfection and cost as minimal as i can get. He is associated with Pitstop shop you can contact the shop either at their new Banaswadi outlet or the old one on Richmond Road Near Garuda Mall Bangalore, same building as Car shringar.

You can call him @ 9986893107 and do tell him that you got his number from the guy with the silver verna
Attached Images

Old 9th July 2008, 12:33   #267
Senior - BHPian

Perfect work, but does he not have a workshop wherein one can go and check with him.(apart from pitstop). Where does he do all the denting and painting ??

What was your final payout.

Also did you check with him on which brand of automotive paints does he use.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

He uses Dupont Paints , he usually does the work in Pitstop parking in the same building basement he prefers to do all the work himself very obliging guy Dadu - you shoudl probaly call this guy up and ask he will definitely arrange something up. saw a couple of ther cars done by hime and i was impressed , thats why i changed my decision to try out a non HASS solution this time.

Price wise , justt o correct that dent and repainting he was charging about Rs 2500 /- now i had collected a sufficient number of scratches and minor dent sall around teh car from driving around in Bangalore. So he said for all that he would repaint both bumpers , side view mirrors ( had majority of the damages) and where ever there is a scrah for Rs 4500 /- . I sure am happy that i took the deal . The car is now completely scratch free and was given a complimentart waxing !So she is now beaming like a new bride ...

All i know is that he does the pianting in a Paint booth in South bangalore, i am not sure of the location , talk to him and he will let you know.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:26   #269
BHPian

Default :d

i dont know of other HASS.

but here in MGF maybe due to my dads connections,

for Both front and rear bumper painting i was charged 2000rs!.

and for a single door painting & fixed a dent also-as in a hole!![ a bike crash gueard pierced my back left door!!] they took for all this 3000rs!!.

i guess thats pretty cheap!!.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:34   #270
Senior - BHPian

Default JVC KD AVX33 Head Unit Re - Vitalized

Current Config :
HU : JVC KD AVX33 USB/ DVD Player
Front : JBL GTo607C Components
Rear : JBL GT5 6x9 Speakers

After the well deserved piant job to my car i was willing to splurge the rest of the money on the car and therefore went to Satya (of EVO fame) with the requirement of putting in a 4 channel amp.

Yes he did install the HU for me but then, that day since i was in a hurry i did not really give him enough time to tune the setup ... so Satya listens for a couple of seconds and calls for his man friday to change some poliarty in the rear speakers and then plays the track.

Oh boy there was atleast a 40% improvement in the lows and an overall improvemnt in the sound stage in the car , as earlier the front components used to dominate the stage.

The ICE setup is sounding very nice now as compared to the previous state as reported in one of my earlier posts.

Thank you very much satya for the help now i think a mono block and a sub would give me the required bass that i need, and will definitely get in touch with you for that .

Thank you once again Satya ... EVO Rocks !

Last edited by hellstar : 9th July 2008 at 13:36.