Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th July 2008, 15:05   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
OK i will let the pictures do that talking

First Two pictures ,before the paint job !
Third picture onwards After the Paint job !
work is near perfection and cost as minimal as i can get.
Excellent work done by the guy! By the way - your alloys look really good - are they 14 inchers? What brand and model number?

Cheers!
sirajbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 11:01   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Excellent work done by the guy! By the way - your alloys look really good - are they 14 inchers? What brand and model number?

Cheers!
Yes, they are 14 inchers , dont remeber the brand name , got them from chennai , who had recently got this set of alloys from some south east asian exporter, he also graciously agreed put in the hyundai stamps.

I think it will be very difficult to source these again , this is one of the reasons why i am changing my alloys to Lensos together with my tyre replacement.

These alloy will be put up for sale at that time.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 22:12   #273
BHPian

Hellstar! Fantastic work by the painter. He seems to be a really skilled guy. I don't think you can make out that the car has been touched up.

Someone scraped the rear bumper of my Verna SX!

On a completely different debate, can you guys tell me how you manage your Verna's FE? I mean, I got ~16kmpl with 100% AC.

I find it extremely difficult to goto 4th Gear as the traffic is within 60kmph... If I switch to 4th gear at 1600-1700 RPM the car wants to go faster than the roads can accommodate! Both me and her feel frustrated and are left high and dry!

She enjoys Turbojet+High Speed Diesel... Is that a good idea? In Delhi we are only getting premium diesel... Would she get tipsy? And 'horny'? And smokey?
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 14:42   #274
Senior - BHPian

As far as FE is concerned i get about 17 - 19 KMPL on bangalore roads within city limits and if i go for long distance drive like the TBHP night drives i get nothing less than 23 kmpl even whe i kind a rough her up. I never crank up the AC to anthing beyond 50% as it gets too cold.

For the gear issue just plonk in the Petes box and 4th gear at 40 kmph is do able. But again you will feel that the car can do more than what the roads can acocmodate , thats a fact of life...

I would recommend that you use normal diesel , and to stick to one brand either turbojet or speed. I personally fill turbojet when i need some preformence from the car but on other days and long drives i use normal diesel. Hyundai says thats permium fuel may take a toll on the fuel pump , so that may affect reliability. Smoeky she surely will get when shes gunned hard !
Old 18th August 2008, 17:53   #275
Senior - BHPian

Default Finally the tyre Upgrade

ok after months of delaying and contemplation , the tyre upgrade is finally here i have chosen 195/65/R14 , for the increase in the positive delta in the GC and the circumference. Only thing is that i have to check if the tyres will be fouling with the wheel arches . Which as suggested by Ishan i will check by putting on the tyres in the front and doing a lock to lock steering check.

Hyundai Verna CRDI VGT - Updated at 35k-km,40k-km, 55k-km,60k-km, Plus A Minor Crash-untitled.jpg

This tyre size is difficult to source but is available in Yokohama A drives, BridgeStone Potenza G-III and Good Year . Check around with a couple of BHPians for feedback and settled on the Yoko Adrives, as the BS Potenza G-II have been discontinued for this tyre size and Yoko i understand incorporate the latest in tyre technology....

Will be getting the upgrade done by tomorrow evening , today is for checking for the various shops for better deals , but i understand that the Yokohama India Office has started it operation in bangalore only today and the Yoko A Drives will be hitting the markets only tomorrow.

Any ways here i go for my price checking run ! Will update again tomorrow with pictures ......

Last edited by hellstar : 18th August 2008 at 17:54.
Old 19th August 2008, 00:08   #276
BHPian

Default Question about Mileage

Note from Mod: Post deleted. Remove font/size tags and post it again.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th August 2008 at 11:09.
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 12:23   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post
Trident attempted to rectify the issue. EGR unit(Exhaust gas recirculation) was suspected to be the culprit though balck smoke which is a typical symptom was not observed. They asked me to wait for them to recieve an EGR bulletin, which informs the service center on maintainance and complaint rectification messures for EGR.
The result: There is slight improvement, though it is not back to the original best. i was told it would gradually get better. I'am willing to accept that and have only run around 40 Kms since.
Hi Lediablo,
Can you please post your updates on your improvement after this fix? I have a Verna SX and I feel I have the same problem. I can see that I have to rev to 3500 RPM in second gear without feeling the turbo kicking in. I have now run 24000 KMS and am due for first paid service. Also planning to change to synthetic oil? Any advice on this would be helpful
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 13:35   #278
Senior - BHPian

sad update .. seems like none of the shops in blore are holding stocks of Yko A drive 195/65 /R14 so , i guess i will have to wait. Even Millivision doesnt have them
Old 19th August 2008, 13:48   #279
BHPian

Quote:
sad update .. seems like none of the shops in blore are holding stocks of Yko A drive 195/65 /R14 so , i guess i will have to wait. Even Millivision doesnt have them
@hellstar - Why dont you go in for Michelin PP1's in the same size ? They are quite good, I have them on my Getz CRDi and have no complaints whatsoever. The grip in rains is just awesome! The only downside is that the mileage is lesser by a kilometer or two with respect to the stock tires. But then thats not a big price to pay considering the confidence these tires inspire
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 13:55   #280
Senior - BHPian

Dragonov
Michelin PPs doesn't come in 195/65-14. You have 195/60-14 in your Getz.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 14:02   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Michelin PPs doesn't come in 195/65-14. You have 195/60-14 in your Getz.
Yes kpzen, Thanks I stand corrected !
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 16:16   #282
Senior - BHPian

From what i have understood only , Yokhama A drives, Good Year and Bridgestone have this size out of which i somehow dont trust the good year brand , Bridgestone has stopped production of the 195/65/R14 Potenza G-III . Leaving out just Yokohama A drives .. i will wait another ten days and then go in for the other manufacturer recommended sizes... maybe Yoko S drives then
Old 19th August 2008, 17:26   #283
BHPian

Hi Hellstar,

I was running Bridgestone Potenza GIII's 195/65 R14 (Japanese make - sourced by Advaith), fitted on League alloys on my Verna SX for almost 16k kms, no fouling of the tires, very decent grip but lot of tyre noise. Since I busted two of the tires due to side wall damage, I switched over to Yokohama ES100's 195/65 R14, (Japanese make - sourced by a friend) (with Nitrogen Gas) now the car just runs on rails, great grip, reduced tyre noise and good handling. Have done about 3k kms now with no issues.

Also Hellstar please update contact details of Satya of EVO, (is he in B'lore) as I too need to tune my ICE consisting of:
Pioneer HU DEH7750
Infinity Reference Series 6" front Speakers
Infinity Reference Series with Bass Boot 6"x9" Rear Speakers
Pioneer TS200 Tweeters
JBL GT5 4 Channel Amp

Thanks
Satz
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 18:59   #284
BHPian

Default Mileage Concern about Verna

Hi All,
This is my first post in the forum after following it for almost one year. For the last few months, I was dwindling between the decisions for buying a disel sedan and after going through several threads and advices in TBHP, decided to put my hands on Verna VGT ( CRDI w/o ABS). Got my car in the last to last week (Kayra clour) and till date it has done around 600 KMs in Kolkata.
According to the most owners of this forum, it rerurns a mileage in the range of 15-17 in the city condition. But, I could not manage to get more than 12.9 KmPl with 80% AC. Since this a new car, I did not dare to push her beyond 2500 RPM and more or less I was light on the pedal al the time. I measured the mileage with Tank-to-tank full method.

My doubt here is -

1. Is this low mileage typical for the brand new car for the first few hundred KMs? How much it improves after the 1st service?

2. Is it possible to tune the engine during the service or ECU always tune it itself?

3. What can be other reason for this low figure? Although most of the KMs I travelled with conjested city condition, still I'm frustated to accept this low KPL.

For any help on the above queries, I will be thankfull.

Regards
--------------------
Bhatmaster
bhatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 07:03   #285
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Hi All,
This is my first post in the forum after following it for almost one year. For the last few months, I was dwindling between the decisions for buying a disel sedan and after going through several threads and advices in TBHP, decided to put my hands on Verna VGT ( CRDI w/o ABS). Got my car in the last to last week (Kayra clour) and till date it has done around 600 KMs in Kolkata.
According to the most owners of this forum, it rerurns a mileage in the range of 15-17 in the city condition. But, I could not manage to get more than 12.9 KmPl with 80% AC. Since this a new car, I did not dare to push her beyond 2500 RPM and more or less I was light on the pedal al the time. I measured the mileage with Tank-to-tank full method.

My doubt here is -

1. Is this low mileage typical for the brand new car for the first few hundred KMs? How much it improves after the 1st service?
Actually- it isnt low mileage. 12.9 is pretty decent for calcutta conditions I think. it will go up a bit after the 2nd and 3rd services, by 1-2kms.

2. Is it possible to tune the engine during the service or ECU always tune it itself?
there is no tuning possible without remapping/tuning box/new ECU
and it doesnt make sense to get these mods just for mileage.

3. What can be other reason for this low figure? Although most of the KMs I travelled with conjested city condition, still I'm frustated to accept this low KPL.

For any help on the above queries, I will be thankfull.

Regards
--------------------
Bhatmaster
Dear bhat,
dont be frustrated. the mileage is good. atleast its diesel and not petrol. as you learn to use the torque, and use the clutch less, the mileage will go up. but do not expect anything more than 15kmpl in a congested city like calcutta.

driving style is more important than anything else in getting good FE.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote