Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th September 2008, 10:26   #301
BHPian

Thumbs up Never Enough :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
240Nm @1900 rpm and still u want more low end...U must be kidding...
It's never enough for us Team BHPian's ehh !!!
You have one life to lead .... better make the best of it
mac_guy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 10:38   #302
BHPian

more is never enough buddy
@mac_guy555. dude do let us know how you got it fixed. and yeah i can easily sorce it from germany. my whole team is there only .

i know about the pros and cons of this thing but didnt intend to fix it because of no official supplier in india.
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 10:49   #303
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
@mac_guy555. dude do let us know how you got it fixed. and yeah i can easily sorce it from germany. my whole team is there only .

i know about the pros and cons of this thing but didnt intend to fix it because of no official supplier in india.
Thats great Sameel !! I don't think we need an official supplier to be here 'cause the tuning box has 3 years warranty and its just a plug and play device. I just mentioned in my earlier post where you have to plug it.
The good thing is that there are 24 adjustments MAX - MIN ...... 0.6 BHP per 1 full 360 rotation of the screw. Effectively it goes to a max of 30 BHP increase with 24 full rotations.
I keep mine in between 18 - 21 as it is the best adjustment for efficiency as well as power.

BTW I got my 2 PowerBox units from the USA , not Germany. It just says on the box ..... made in Germany
Old 5th September 2008, 10:50   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
That's weird actually 'cause this picture was taken first thing in the morning after the car got a "water treatment". So I don't see any mud on the car. Anyways ...... the tuning box is called PowerBox CR (common rail), made in Germany. It needs to be connected to the high pressure fuel line which runs parallel to the cylinder head. .
Thats exactly like the Petes box .... about the muck i mistook the reflections i guess no hard feelings dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
BTW this PowerBox CR works with almost all common rail diesel vehicles so its great. You can just unplug it when you want to sell the car and fit in the new CRDi car !!
This is very interesting information there are a lot of DICOR guys in the forum who are actually looking for products like the Petes box, why dont you start a thread about your experiences with the "PoweBox CR " i am sure you will get lots of enquiries..and you will also be able to help a lot of guys , guys with Safaris , and other DICORs. But make sure that you check wether the box is compatible with the tata engines , or delphi CRDi unit before starting off...
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 10:52   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hey dude would love to meet up with you some day , correct me if i am wrong , are you working in coimbatore?
Old 5th September 2008, 10:55   #306
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Thats exactly like the Petes box .... about the muck i mistook the reflections i guess no hard feelings dude

This is very interesting information there are a lot of DICOR guys in the forum who are actually looking for products like the Petes box, why dont you start a thread about your experiences with the "PoweBox CR " i am sure you will get lots of enquiries..and you will also be able to help a lot of guys , guys with Safaris , and other DICORs. But make sure that you check wether the box is compatible with the tata engines , or delphi CRDi unit before starting off...
No hard feelings at all dude !! You just caught me by surprise bcoz I knew the had taken the picture after the car wash and could not think you meant it about the "mud".
Yes that is a good idea ...... I thought I am a newbie here and nobody will take me seriously if I start a thread. More like "chhota mooh badi baat" LOL.
But lets give it a shot .... thats a nice idea !! thanks again Hellstar !!

Quote:
ahem ahem.. so we have lot of options here for increase in power..thats cool.
i am kind of getting prepard for a k&n appolo CAI system.
a friend of mine has got it in the swift vdi the turbo lag is minimal in his swift now. it does give improved low end performance. which i am looking out for.
My first mod / change in the Verna CRDi when it was new was alloys, tyres & K&N stock replacement filter. Did not see a change in performance at all and was depressing to have spent 4.5K on a K&N filter in this car considering that it does a bit of change in my Santro Xing XS.
Any idea's on the same ..... Would it make sense to change the stock replacement K&N to a Apollo Cold Induction Kit ?? If yes then who makes the plumbing ?? Is it by the dealer ?? Or by K&N .....

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th November 2008 at 12:30.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:28   #307
BHPian

yes i am working as a software engineer in Robert Bosch Cbe.

one thing i love about this place is the free roads.. not much traffic jams.
and the lovely L&T bypass near by
Old 5th September 2008, 13:52   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes i am working as a software engineer in Robert Bosch Cbe.

one thing i love about this place is the free roads.. not much traffic jams.
and the lovely L&T bypass near by

i sort of figured that out from your posts on the automotive part and the frequent jaunts on the coimbatore bypass... i know this is really off topic here but how the road conditions from CBE to COK ? I intend to drive overnight from blore to tvm on 10th Sep'08 thats why the question ...
Old 5th September 2008, 14:31   #309
BHPian

roads aint that good now a days.. the road from palakad to thrissur is not suitable for speeding..but yes go decently at 60-80kmph..you should be ok. rest is kind of ok. nothing to worry as such.

i am scooting from here now. got lots of work now thats why...
Old 6th September 2008, 13:46   #310
Senior - BHPian

Default Tyre Upgrade @ 43000 KMS

Ok finally after having rum 43000 KMS on the not so pitiful MRF ZVTS tyre i had decided to go in for an upgrade , I had discussed this in detial with a lot of tyre gurus and finally boiled down my choices to two in teh size that i finalised which is 195/65/R14

1. Bridgestone Potenzas G-III
2. Yokohama A drives

Of this BS has stopped production and is not available in the market ,and to source the Yokos are nothing short of torture so after numerous phone calls to Yokohama india Office at delhi and people at Mumbai i have just been informed that finally after a lot of rigmarole the tyres have finally arrived in Bangalore. they are priced at Rs 3400/- per piece.

Right now cant wait to get back to bangalore on 10th Sep 08 so the tyres can be fitted on my car just before my trip to Trivandrum for Onam'08

My Alloys are currently of size 6J and the OEM tyres were 175/70/R14. So i am very anxiously looking forward to improved handling and road hugging capabilities as together with the tyres the K&N OEM replacement filter is also going in .

Another positive fallout of this is that i have made many contacts within the Yokohama , India Marketing and Distribution teams so for anybody having any issues sourcing Yoko tyres , i will be glad to direct them to relevant contacts. Between Millivisions is the authourised distributor for Yokohama Tyres in Bangalore.
Old 12th October 2008, 15:35   #311
BHPian

Apologies Hellstar for hijacking your much popular thread yet again...

My Verna VGT SX at Hyundai Motor Plaza (Company owned workshop at Mathura Road) went thru a bad treatment by the workshop, and has three dents inflicted by them!!!!!

One on the bonnet, one on the rubber beading and one on the fender!!!

They have acknowledged the issues, and say "Sorry, we can fix and paint the parts free of cost"

My issue: resale would become an issue, and what if the paint matching doesnt happen...

Tears trickling down my cheeks guys... I guess I am not man enough to see her!

Could you guys help with any tips, solutions, arbitration?
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 20:42   #312
Senior - BHPian

Whats your other option for repair ??, nowdays paint matching is not a problem for ppl who know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Apologies Hellstar for hijacking your much popular thread yet again...

My Verna VGT SX at Hyundai Motor Plaza (Company owned workshop at Mathura Road) went thru a bad treatment by the workshop, and has three dents inflicted by them!!!!!

One on the bonnet, one on the rubber beading and one on the fender!!!

They have acknowledged the issues, and say "Sorry, we can fix and paint the parts free of cost"

My issue: resale would become an issue, and what if the paint matching doesnt happen...

Tears trickling down my cheeks guys... I guess I am not man enough to see her!

Could you guys help with any tips, solutions, arbitration?
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 21:33   #313
BHPian

barcode dont worry bro!!!
matching paint and finish is not an issue any more especially at a company owned workshop so relax. get repair work done to your satisfaction and enjoy your ride.
just see that they don't charge it on your insurance. make sure they pay for it.

Last edited by white_vdi : 12th October 2008 at 21:35.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 21:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
barcode dont worry bro!!!
matching paint and finish is not an issue any more especially at a company owned workshop so relax. get repair work done to your satisfaction and enjoy your ride.
just see that they don't charge it on your insurance. make sure they pay for it.
Hey White_VDI... Yeah, they have clarified they wont charge to insurance

The colour is Real Earth (light golden) and the car is just 2 months old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Whats your other option for repair ??, nowdays paint matching is not a problem for ppl who know.
Dadu... I hope they do good job... but tell me, does the colour done in the bodyshop of not as good a quality as the factory finish? The service manager claims there could be 10% variation... And the shine achieved with the new paint may not be as good...

My verna is real earth...

Will this result in re-sale value issues? I mean we are talking about the bonnet and fender!!!

stupid a-holes I tell you... I am sooooo angry!
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 21:42   #315
Senior - BHPian

Hey barcode
Get it done in writing from the showroom guys that they are going to bear the entire cost of the repair be it denting , changing , or paintwork.

And be assured , the paint matching is not an issue at an authorised service station.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote