Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th October 2008, 21:00   #316
BHPian

Guys my verna is due for tyre upgrade, it is now running on 195/60/16 goodyear eagel f1, iam very happy with these tyres, i dont mind putting the same tyres again, if yourl can suggest any other brand please tell me, my car has reached 40k +
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 22:18   #317
Senior - BHPian

@ barcode - dont worry pal , paint matching is a science now a days and the A.S.S guys usually does a wonderful job of it and if its as good as new then i dont think it will affect your cars re sale value. Just make sure that you dont sign any papers for doing the work on your cars insurance coverage.

Jeetu444 i just upgraded my tyres to 195/65/R14 Yokohama A Drive and the are really nice and the added 4mm GC has been of immense help in my long highway drives....while i realise that you have upgraded to 16 inchers , it was my choice to stick to 14 inchers to ensure that there are no adverse effects in the vehicle dymanics and ride quality . the A drives being conmfort based tyres they have essentially provided me with a world of differnce from the OEM MRF ZVTS and i have a marginal mileage drop of about 1 kmpl thats all
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 01:19   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
@ barcode - dont worry pal , paint matching is a science now a days and the A.S.S guys usually does a wonderful job of it and if its as good as new then i dont think it will affect your cars re sale value. Just make sure that you dont sign any papers for doing the work on your cars insurance coverage.
Sounds good... I have continued the thread here... I decided not to hijack your thread beyond 2 posts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...new-verna.html (Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my new Verna)

The damage is very minimal, and the Company Owned Workshop guys say they would "repair the dents on the fender and bonnet and repaint the them both fully" I hope this mechanism is fine...

Sorry for being a total pest!
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 12:13   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Sorry for being a total pest!
No hard feelins here dude ... also long as i have been of assistance to anyone who is in need of help i am fine ... i also understand the pain of the first few dents and scratches...

take care ...
Old 17th October 2008, 23:38   #320
BHPian

hellstar

Thanks a lot for that, I too own a Verna CRDi. I done 20k.With Stock tyres BS 175/70/14 i changed to Neo Alloy wheels 14’’ ( Titan SM). All most my tyres are 65 % gone. May be another 10 to 12 k at max I am expecting .This time as you said I prefer to go for Yokohama. Can you please check out who hold the stock in Hyderabd if possible. Please expect a PM from regarding Head light updating .
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 06:11   #321
BHPian

Guys any new tyres by goodyear ?
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 13:48   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
hellstar
This time as you said I prefer to go for Yokohama. Can you please check out who hold the stock in Hyderabd if possible. Please expect a PM from regarding Head light updating .
Ok now thats the tricky part , yokohama a drives 195/65R14s are very difficult to come by but its worth the effort i woudl say , i dont have the yokohama contact persons number with me but i will send you over PM , the guy is based out of mumbai you can give him a call and he will direct you to the right person and give you a correct update about the stock.

About the headlight updating part ... lets dicuss this on this thread or on the headlight upgrade thread so that everybody can benefit ....

Last edited by hellstar : 18th October 2008 at 13:49.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:00   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hellstar

Thanks a lot for that, I too own a Verna CRDi. I done 20k.With Stock tyres BS 175/70/14 i changed to Neo Alloy wheels 14’’ ( Titan SM). All most my tyres are 65 % gone. May be another 10 to 12 k at max I am expecting .This time as you said I prefer to go for Yokohama. Can you please check out who hold the stock in Hyderabd if possible. Please expect a PM from regarding Head light updating .

Contact Yoko executive in Hyderabad
RAGHU SAN
+91 9731600075
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 21:30   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Contact Yoko executive in Hyderabad
RAGHU SAN
+91 9731600075
Kpzen, thanks for that info. I jest checked in a tyre shop to day . he said 3500/- 195/65/14 here in hyderabad. soon i will contact that person and i will let you know.
Old 18th October 2008, 21:48   #325
BHPian

I jest observer today that my dickkey knob is not working for my Verna. (dickkey knob will be near to fuel cap opener under the driver seat ). I am using my key to open dickkey. Any body has the problem. Before. What might be the problem? Please help me
Old 20th October 2008, 14:04   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I jest observer today that my dickkey knob is not working for my Verna. (dickkey knob will be near to fuel cap opener under the driver seat ). I am using my key to open dickkey. Any body has the problem. Before. What might be the problem? Please help me
This has happened to me once. Most probably , its just a jammed cable , they would open the boot from inside the car and grease out the release and locking mechanism and you will be good to go...
Old 20th October 2008, 17:52   #327
BHPian

guys if you use verna how it is to be used! then dont expect 20k+ from stock tyres!
i am having a total blast these days. thinkin of filter and box upgrades once vit M is recharged..lol
break pads front and rear need replacement every 20k kms if you use them to the limit like me :P
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 18:02   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
This has happened to me once. Most probably , its just a jammed cable , they would open the boot from inside the car and grease out the release and locking mechanism and you will be good to go...
Hellstar,
When I observed by removing the cap of the two levers, down to that dickey opening lever there was a spring laying there with one end intact and broken. I am sure this is the problem. Hope replacement of the spring will solve the problem .
Old 4th November 2008, 07:28   #329
BHPian

@Hellstar - Did the tyre change help to improve the overall handling?
kruzader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 15:27   #330
Senior - BHPian

@ kruzader i am really sorry for the delayed response , and yes the answer is a big big yes .. the vehicle is now extremel;y well planted and the nervousness at high speeds have decreased to a large extend, without any major impact on the mileage.