Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 00:20   #331
BHPian
 
wads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Guys,

I have a verna vgt 2007 model.. the odo is @ 34500 and the clutch seems to be very hard. when got it checked the service center says that i have to replace the clutch plates... and he claims that Verna's clutch plates have a life of 40K only.

Did anyone else faced similar problem?
wads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 09:28   #332
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 180
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
@ kruzader i am really sorry for the delayed response , and yes the answer is a big big yes .. the vehicle is now extremel;y well planted and the nervousness at high speeds have decreased to a large extend, without any major impact on the mileage.
Are these tyres far more comfortable than the OEM tyres? This is w.r.t to both noise and the ability to absorb not so good roads?

Thanks
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 09:55   #333
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys,

I have a verna vgt 2007 model.. the odo is @ 34500 and the clutch seems to be very hard. when got it checked the service center says that i have to replace the clutch plates... and he claims that Verna's clutch plates have a life of 40K only.

Did anyone else faced similar problem?
Clutch life depends largely on drivking style but 35k is too premature i feel for clutch failure, i have heard of verna CRDis clutches failing at 40K onward , my car is now 2k shy of the half century mark and there are no issues with the clutch.Once at a HASS i saw a tUSCAN with a burnt out clutch at 15k

The clutch hardness can also be caused by air bubbles in the system , my service advisor once bleed the system for me which made a lot of difference, try this out before going in for a change and unless you are very sure about the integrity of the advisor i would suggest that you take a second opinion on the change from a different HASS. Since all said and done these service advisors have a target to meet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Are these tyres far more comfortable than the OEM tyres? This is w.r.t to both noise and the ability to absorb not so good roads?

Thanks

Oh hell yeah ! , the ride comfort has also increased by leaps and bounds , tyre noise is minimal ( almost non existant in comparison to my stock MRF ZVTS) and obviously there is added road hugging capabilities which came with the upgrade.
hellstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 19:57   #334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hubli
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi Anup,
My Verna CRDi is due for 2nd free service. While booking for the service over the phone, the service advisor estimated that the service could be 4.5K inclusive of Wheel Alignment+Balancing. Is this a normal quote?
On the other hand would it be advisable to get the Wheel Alignment+Balancing at a professional tyre shop rather than these service centers?
I have gone through wheel alignment thread and most of them seem to be happy with Madhus Enterprises, near Richmond circle. I am thinking of visiting this place.

Let me know if there is any specific check that I need to do after the service.

Thanks in advance,
Girish
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:43   #335
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Hi Anup,
My Verna CRDi is due for 2nd free service. While booking for the service over the phone, the service advisor estimated that the service could be 4.5K inclusive of Wheel Alignment+Balancing. Is this a normal quote?
On the other hand would it be advisable to get the Wheel Alignment+Balancing at a professional tyre shop rather than these service centers?
I have gone through wheel alignment thread and most of them seem to be happy with Madhus Enterprises, near Richmond circle. I am thinking of visiting this place.

Let me know if there is any specific check that I need to do after the service.

Thanks in advance,
Girish
Girish, 4.5k??? This doesnt sound like a free service! What are you getting done during this service?
I have had a wheel alignment issue right from when I got the car. The hyundai chaps have told me that they'll have it rectified during the first service. Are they charging you for the wheel alignment rectification process?
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:19   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

girish.r - thats an atrocious quote for a free service by any standards , check out what all he is asking for and only then approve the job card.

I never get my allignment done outside as there is nothing that can beat dedicated hardware and manpower with specific skills, more over i can watch them go about doing it , my friend seeing is believing ... . One more good practicse that i would suggest is to ask them to retrun the parts that were replaced or damaged. that wat atleast they will rember to cuck the used part in the boot or else they may not even think about it.

Girish - By the way if you are doing your service is lore give me a buzz i may be able to help you out , i have PMed you my mobile number

Last edited by hellstar : 23rd November 2008 at 19:34.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 21:10   #337
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hubli
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Actually I should have posted my query earlier so that I could have got early response.
Anyways I got my car serviced on Sunday & being Sunday there wasnt any rush & the car was delivered on time.
I have seen lot of posts where the tbhpians have mentioned post service the engine has settled, smoother, quieter etc etc.
In my case, post service the car seems to be the same as it was before, nothing extraordinary changes.
The car so far had covered 9K and due for 2nd service as per 6 month schedule.
Ok so the service bill came to Rs.3663 and find below the breakup:

Part Desc Qty Rate Amount
Hyundai CRDI Engine Oil 5.3 186.63 989.13
Filter Cartridge 1 1541.49 1541.49
Filter-Air Cleaner 1 352.07 352.07
Service Kit-Oil Filter 1 307.27 307.27
Bulb 1 25.82 25.82

Labour & Services
Bulb replaced 1 40
Free Service(2nd) 1 0

Sub Total 3215.78
VAT @12.5% on 3215.78 401.98
Service Tax @12% on 40 4.8
Cess on ST & HEd Ces @3% on 4.8 0.14

Total = 3617.76 + 40 + 4.94 = 3663

I checked the manual and for Diesel Engine: Oil, Filter Cartridge, Filter-Air Cleaner, Service Kit-Oil Filter have to be replaced while for Petrol Engine it is just the Engine Oil & Oil Filter that have to be replaced & rest all have to be Inspected during 2nd free service

The estimate for Wheel Balancing + Alignment + Rotation was quoted as 800. Therefore I told that I will get it done outside.

Observations:
1. As far as engine after service, I feel nothing major changes. Its just the same smoothness as it was earlier
2. Anup you are right I saw a bag containing Air Filter and Filter Cartridge in the boot but this doesnt contain Oil Filter kit.
3. Made in Austria printed on Filter Cartridge. Imported and thats why it costs Rs.1541
4. Side repeater bulb costs 25 and Labour charges 44.94.

Couple of questions:
1. Anup, during my last highway trip to Hubli (NH4), I observed wobbing effect with speed excess of 120+ but not below 120. Do I need to get my car Wheel Balancing + Alignment + Rotation?
In general what is the Wheel Balancing + Alignment + Rotation interval for Verna, is it same as service interval, 10K or 6 months whichever is earlier?

2. I forgot to feel the stickiness of the engine oil before leaving for service. Because after service, the color of the oil seems to be the same but it has got stickiness. This before I owned M800 and Indica V2 DLS but never bothered to check it as I trusted the service center and they lived upto my expectations especially the Maruti service center. I however suspected the Tata because of the illogical reasons for any sort of queries that showed their negligence. And with Hyundai I need some more time to believe.

P.S.: Anup I didnt receive your PM. I have PMed you, please reply back.
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:19   #338
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I'm getting my wheel alignment done for free from them when I give my car in for service next month because I've had the issue right from when i got the car. When I took it to them the other day they said they'll do it during first service. 800 bucks is a pretty high amount for just wheel alignment and balancing! But yeah I agree that once you've bought such an expensive car you wouldnt want to give it to random people to have problems fixed. Its a price to pay for buying an expensive car, but its worth it at the end of the day considering the convenience and pleasure it gives.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 22:38   #339
BHPian
 
veyron-w16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hi,
Tonight one guy in Zen banged my verna from right side , so a big scratch on the rear door and bumper. this guy was trying to runaway as well but some couldn't because of traffic jam at Noida sector 37 crossing. These guys are always ready to fight and was started showing old dents in his car claiming that i hit his car. i really don't understand if you have done something wrong why cant you just apologize ? latter on he agreed it was his drivers fault who is a nut. I did not ask him to pay for damages, but i need to now look for a workshop who can do a good job, any clue guys who can fix it up in NCR. will post the pictures tomorrow. Please suggest mine is silver color verna and i know hyundai uses DuPont paints.
veyron-w16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 13:39   #340
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post

1. As far as engine after service, I feel nothing major changes. Its just the same smoothness as it was earlier
2. Anup you are right I saw a bag containing Air Filter and Filter Cartridge in the boot but this doesnt contain Oil Filter kit.
3. Made in Austria printed on Filter Cartridge. Imported and thats why it costs Rs.1541
4. Side repeater bulb costs 25 and Labour charges 44.94.

Couple of questions:
1. Anup, during my last highway trip to Hubli (NH4), I observed wobbing effect with speed excess of 120+ but not below 120. Do I need to get my car Wheel Balancing + Alignment + Rotation?
In general what is the Wheel Balancing + Alignment + Rotation interval for Verna, is it same as service interval, 10K or 6 months whichever is earlier?

2. I forgot to feel the stickiness of the engine oil before leaving for service. Because after service, the color of the oil seems to be the same but it has got stickiness. This before I owned M800 and Indica V2 DLS but never bothered to check it as I trusted the service center and they lived upto my expectations especially the Maruti service center. I however suspected the Tata because of the illogical reasons for any sort of queries that showed their negligence. And with Hyundai I need some more time to believe.

They dont usually return the oil filter as its really messy and is toxic unless disposed off properly.

Regarding the Verna fuel filter there are two form factors one of the Form factors the filter catridge cost as much as you have told and for the form factor which is there on my car the filter manufactured from Austria costs Rs 940 Odd.

Answers to your queries , wobbling beyind 120 kmph could be due to your alloys , do you have aftermarket alloys on your car ? If yes they might need hub rings to correct the wobble.

Irrespective of the duration i get alignment/balancing done from some good place at a frequency of about 5000 KMS, this ensures that the tyres are evenly worn out and any problems are resolved in advance.

About trusting Hyundai depends on you relation with the service centre and the advisor it comes with loyalty but be sure tobe vigilant because loyalty sometimes is not good also .....
hellstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 16:28   #341
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Hi,
Tonight one guy in Zen banged my verna from right side , so a big scratch on the rear door and bumper. this guy was trying to runaway as well but some couldn't because of traffic jam at Noida sector 37 crossing. These guys are always ready to fight and was started showing old dents in his car claiming that i hit his car. i really don't understand if you have done something wrong why cant you just apologize ? latter on he agreed it was his drivers fault who is a nut. I did not ask him to pay for damages, but i need to now look for a workshop who can do a good job, any clue guys who can fix it up in NCR. will post the pictures tomorrow. Please suggest mine is silver color verna and i know hyundai uses DuPont paints.
Sad to hear about the crash , but dont worry from what you have said i dont think it is major work , it can be rectified , but do post the pictures for us to see , and do a search for minor paint jobs and you will find good workshops listed for NCR region.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 16:19   #342
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Thumbs up An update at 55,000 KMS

Phew 55,000 kms majority on highways and the last few thousands in and around Bangalore city and never ever has my car let me down even so on my last trip to ooty .

Just finished my last service which set me back by approx Rs. 5000/- which included engine oil change , oil filter change, diesel filter change and also the coolant change.

No squeaks, i have been informed that my front left side strut is weak and if i bring it back before 60,000 KMS the A.S.S will replace that within the extended warranty just like the rear two springs :-) .

During the last rains in I had about two or three occasions where in i had the diesel fuel filter warning lamp starting to glow. Where in I had pulled out the filter and cleaned it myself. So i opted for a tank cleaning also, which surprisingly turned out quite some amount of muck, which the service advisor showed me.

When I went to collect the car after the service they SA dropped a bomb on me he said that since they could not remove the lug nuts they were not able to check and service the front and rear brakes. On inspection i found that these guys had used an allen key of a different size and used the pneumatic impact wrench to almost grind the grooves inside the lug nuts smooth. So now these nuts will have to be cut out. Since i needed the car for some urgent work I just took the car and brought it back next day m they had to do some juggad to get out the nuts without damaging the hubs , actually the right side front hub was damaged but they changed it for free as it was a fault from their side, as the original allen key to the alloys was always present in the car .The worst part was that the mechanic who was attending to my car had repeated this procedure with all four wheels and at least one nut on each wheel had been screwed.

The increased torque from the Pete's box has taken its toll on the clutch and it has become hard, last day when i was driving down Kalahatty hairpins, beyond the 20th hairpin I had great difficulty in changing gears even after flooring the clutch and had sound of grating gears when engaging the reverse. But since i was bedding down for the day I parked the car and decided to let it cool for a while at the Masinagudi resort where i was put up for the night. Early next day morning i woke up gave the car a wash and started her up to check the clutch and yep she was fine alright.

Now 500 kms after that incident the clutch the vehicle is still running strong and fine, but there is reduction in the acceleration. This month end the car will go in for clutch replacement, the service advisor was also pushing for the replacement of the fly wheel but I do not intend to replace that unless the flywheel is defaced or has run out to that extend. My front two struts are also weak from the incessant battering they receive during my long night drives. They will be replaced under warranty (or rather extended warranty) during the next service.

I feel that the in cabin NVH levels have increased since I ran into the clutch issue. My under body rubber coating has also deteriorated to a large extend, will be re doing this during my 4th April trip to Trivandrum.
In between the clutch had become pretty bad so I took the car to the A.S.S. to bleed the clutch oil and behold as soon as the guy loosened the bolt you could hear air rushing out as if coming out of a pneumatic tyre, the mechanics also had to top up the clutch oil. After this the clutch is back to stock condition and no issues with gear shifting, Service Engineers predict that the clutch may have another 10,000 kms life on it.

The car still lives on Normal Diesel fed to it at regular interval only from E fuel Club HP petrol pumps. On my last highway trip the car averaged 25 kmpl and in city the car has been giving me between 16 Ė 19 kmpl depending on the AC and traffic condition.

The AC fan motor seems to have become weak as even at setting 2 on the fan speed know I am not able to appreciate the air being pouched out, thatís another one for the next service. I physically opened up the AC fan assembly and removed a large amount of dust and fungus from the insides of the ducting, after this the smell has vanished but the volume of air being pumped is still less.

So 55,000 gruelling kms down the line I am still happy and going strong with my Verna .
hellstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 21:45   #343
BHPian
 
sameel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 268
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

buddy its not the box which is causing your clutch issues. its your driving style. and hey you are lucky usualy the clutch life is probably 50k kms. !!

have you changed the break pads?? mine lasted only 20k kms both front and rear disc pads
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 21:48   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

WooH 25kmpl !! Insane FE with a weak clutch !!

Last edited by kpzen : 24th February 2009 at 21:49.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 21:54   #345
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

The FE figures are astonishing and that too with Petes!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Verna VGT: 50000 kms in 5 years. Pleasant experience at Trident Hyundai SantoshPV Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1 25th June 2013 14:50
Hyundai Verna CRDi VGT: Long Term Ownership Report live2drive Long-Term Ownership Reviews 49 12th April 2011 22:16
Just another love affair: Hyundai Verna (SX CRDI VGT) Lancer.ized Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 66 24th September 2010 04:50
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:04.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks