Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:26   #226
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Around 3000 bucks. I got mine replaced under warranty due to brake noise recently.
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:50   #227
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default Facts and Figures

Service Report Continued:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1182323-post221.html

Some figures:

Time: 17 Months
Distance Traveled: 40,300 kms.
Fuel Consumed: Rs 62,381 (1910.3 litres)
Servicing Costs: Rs 17,076 (Includes oil and filter change at every 5k kms)

Hence Average FE: 21.09 (70:30 :: City: Delhi-GGN Expressway, AC used during summers only)

Cost per Km: Rs 1.97

Guys: Is it possible to judge how many km the brake pads will last ? Please see the pics posted on the last page.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd February 2009 at 15:52.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:25   #228
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

That's a LOT of running in 17 months Eddy. Great going!
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:27   #229
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

Ok, another oil related one:

- Is it possible to perform a visual UOA ? I mean, the oil that came out was absolutely black and the service technician said that it had lost all lubrication. The oil actually looked bad.
Now, this was the case with Oil that was being replaced after 5000 kms. I wonder how MUL recommends 10k change intervals.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:27   #230
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
That's a LOT of running in 17 months Eddy. Great going!
Thanks. Even I was surprised initially. Thought that the odo was malfunctioning.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:03   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Not an answer to your query, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
- Is it possible to perform a visual UOA ? I mean, the oil that came out was absolutely black and the service technician said that it had lost all lubrication. The oil actually looked bad.
Now, this was the case with Oil that was being replaced after 5000 kms. I wonder how MUL recommends 10k change intervals.
These have the oil before / after service images for my Marina:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1063505
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1069319

Could you comment?
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:11   #232
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

I did not feel the used oil when getting it changed, but it did not look grainy. It was not viscous at all though.

Also, when i checked the oil post the service, it was a lot more brown than what is shown in your second pic.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:11   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I did not feel the used oil when getting it changed, but it did not look grainy. It was not viscous at all though.

Also, when i checked the oil post the service, it was a lot more brown than what is shown in your second pic.
The oil change was after 10000kms in my case. That could be the reason. Then again, the checking was done the next day morning and I don't remember how much it ran post service. The service centre is 6 kms away.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 18:26   #234
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

Don't know what is it with me and COCO bunks. After the original IOC COCO bunk got converted to a hydrogen pump a while ago, the pump attendant at the BP COCO outlet told me that my current pump would now become a dealer outlet instead of a COCO.

Have to search for some new outlet in Dwarka now. Grrrrrr...
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 13:20   #235
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

Quoting DieselFan from the horn thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Folks,

Need your recommendation on reliable Horn for my Swift D. My horn is not working the way it should and giving out a very feeble sound (as if it has got a sore throat). need some advise on -

1. I want a highly reliable but pleasant to hear horn which is not very expensive. Suggest the brand and the shop in Delhi/Gurgaon where I can buy and get it fitted.

2. Under what conditions rewiring is needed?

3. Should I replace my existing horn if they are suboptimal and utilize the same wiring/relay etc...?

4. What would be the typical fitting cost onto my Swift D.

Thanks.
Same thing has happened to my VDI. Would appreciate help please

Last edited by Eddy : 28th February 2009 at 13:22.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 13:52   #236
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Same thing has happened to my VDI. Would appreciate help please
I had the same problem with my Wagon R about 2 months back - took it to the service centre and asked them to take a look at it - it looks as if it is a common problem. The guy just tightened a screw at the back of the horn and it started functioning properly though the tone of the horn had changed - it used to be much louder earlier but even now it is quite effective. Y'day I found out that it does not work when I have completely switched off the car (it used to work earlier) - so need to take it back to the service centre again.
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 16:43   #237
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,746
Thanked: 7,449 Times
Default

Quote:
1. I want a highly reliable but pleasant to hear horn which is not very expensive. Suggest the brand and the shop in Delhi/Gurgaon where I can buy and get it fitted.

2. Under what conditions rewiring is needed?

3. Should I replace my existing horn if they are suboptimal and utilize the same wiring/relay etc...?

4. What would be the typical fitting cost onto my Swift D.
1) Try windtone series from bosch or roots (skoda type sound)
2) If you want to retain the OE horn and add the new horn you need re wiring, also if you cant fit the new horn in the same space as the OE horn.
3) You can add one more to make it a pair, swift comes with a single piece, this will give you better sounding horn.
4) With wiring, switch and relay and a pair of new horns will set you back by 800-1200 INR.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 19:56   #238
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 688
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
swift comes with a single piece
Not sure if this is right.. atleast my VDi came with two.
Have got them replaced with roots (skoda type) . sounds sweet... was for around 500 bucks.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 20:03   #239
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,400
Thanked: 4,674 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1) Try windtone series from bosch or roots (skoda type sound)
2) If you want to retain the OE horn and add the new horn you need re wiring, also if you cant fit the new horn in the same space as the OE horn.
3) You can add one more to make it a pair, swift comes with a single piece, this will give you better sounding horn.
4) With wiring, switch and relay and a pair of new horns will set you back by 800-1200 INR.
Thanks Jaggu.

Will try the windtone. Will it fit into the existing space if I dont retain my OE ? And does the swfit come with an existing Relay ?
Bottomline is that I will keep only one horn

Also, if you could comment on the state of my brake pads as shown in the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Not sure if this is right.. atleast my VDi came with two.
Have got them replaced with roots (skoda type) . sounds sweet... was for around 500 bucks.
Bhai, from where ? I might go your way
And hows the car doing ? No Update ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 20:13   #240
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 688
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Bhai, from where ? I might go your way
And hows the car doing ? No Update ?
From the market opposite Indian Oil COCO in Janakpri.
It fits in the existing space..and no re-wiring to be done.. got it with white_vdi. he also has the same one in his car.

Car is doing great.. done about 17K now.. getting ready for the 4th service now!

If you plan to come down to that market.. lemme know, will love to catchup with you.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 2 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counting GSMINC Long-Term Ownership Reviews 58 28th April 2015 14:25
300,000 kms in 7.5 years on my Esteem Diesel. EDIT: Sold @ 3.4 Lakh kms benzinblut Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 8th March 2014 01:54
Ownersip report of my new Swift VDI - 5 years & 78,500 kms update joshguy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 56 11th October 2013 22:56
Peted Swift VDi ABS 10000kms Review. EDIT : Updated to 20,000 kms BUSA Long-Term Ownership Reviews 52 7th August 2009 16:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks