Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd June 2009, 11:05   #256
BHPian

the master cylinder is actually not covered under warranty.i have experienced something similar in my baleno.
both the master cylinders actually started leaking at around 15k mark(18 months).
The dealer AALIANZ automobile okhla told me to pay for it.
the main symptoms was brake making sound "bhump" sound.since the car was under initial warranty and had not been driven much, a letter to maruti was enough to get both the cylinder changed cost was Rs 2100/- per cylinder.
the only payment made by me was the brake oil.

in my case i had mentioned about it in the 3rd service.but the noise was not loud at that time.not sure whether it would be covered in warranty since yours is 50K +.

the main reasons for not covering in warranty is because this is considered in regular use,i.e regular wear and tear..
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:30   #257
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Ankit.

Guys, can someone verify the cost of the replacement ? I was initially quoted 3k but the estimate was unofficially revised to 5k. Still to hear from them on the final verdict.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:04   #258
Team-BHP Support

Apart from the parts they will charge you around 1000 to 1500 bucks for the labor.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:11   #259
Team-BHP Support

Acc to the SA there are two major components:

- The cylinder that costs about 900 bucks
- A connector / pipe that costs 1500 bucks.

So I was given an estimate of about 3000 bucks. Now, it turns out that the second part may be more expensive and hence the confusion on the cost. Waiting for their revert tomorrow.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:08   #260
BHPian

why dont you show this to another dealer?somebody who could identify the problem,and give you a correct estimate.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:32   #261
Team-BHP Support

Will do that if I get free from work today, else tomorrow !

Any recommendations ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:44   #262
Team-BHP Support

Did you check with them why the change in estimate, is it that they didnt account for the labor charges in the first place. If you can ensure its not the brakes, then no need to consult another dealer. Also do ask them to check the clutch plates if they are opening up (just in case).
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:40   #263
Team-BHP Support

They will check the clutch plates. The estimate is varying coz the SA ain't sure which connector/ part will be used. He has promised to call back tmrw since he is on leave today.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:43   #264
BHPian

who is your service adviser at Apra ? All guys have varying knowledge. Ask them for someone who specializes in swift diesel.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:20   #265
Team-BHP Support

Actually he is the so called head of SAs (Asst Works Manager) called Mohit Yadav.

Any references ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:43   #266
BHPian

Well I have no idea about him. I know Mr. Sanjeev Choudhary, Sr. Service Advisor and very helpful guy. I always give my car for servicing to him only. Will PM his number to you. Can take his opinion too.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:17   #267
Team-BHP Support

Thanks.. got your PM. Will talk to him. Lets see what pans out. Thinking of giving the car to Competent for a check up without telling them of the Apra episode, but I am sure they will come to know of it if they check their ERP
Old 6th July 2009, 17:05   #268
Team-BHP Support

Cool

As reported earlier, Apra had refused to change the CMC under warranty and had given an estimate of around 3-5 k for the work. I know that the cylinder costed about 900 bucks and the rest was for a cable/wire which I am not sure. On hindsight, I should have enquired more.

Anyways, just as an afterthought I showed the car to Competent too. They also diagnosed it as a leaking CMC but to my surprise and elation, agreed to replace it under extended warranty. They changed the cylinder and gave me a zero value bill which mentioned changing the CMC for 900 odd bucks. Now for the questions:

1 – I was not given the old part coz it had to go to Maruti under its warranty replacement policy. I tend to believe it but is it true ?

2- They mentioned that the gear cable had gone bad and needed a change. It would not be covered under ext warranty and estimated expense was 3k. Now is this the same cable / wire that Apra mentioned ? Are the CMC and gear cable connected ? I was not sure , and with my previous experience of trying with another dealer, I did not get the cable changed.

I spoke to white_vdi on the forum and he gave me the reference of Galaxy Motors in Tilak Nagar (West Delhi) and Mr Vijay. I took the car to Galaxy and asked them to look at it along with the 50k service.

3- They checked the gear cable and mentioned that all it required was a bush that had fallen off. (costed me 20 bucks). Now I am not sure whether this was actually the correct solution.

50,000 Service Details:

• Oil & Filter Change: Carried my own Engine oil Chevron Delo400. Changed without any warranty related fuss
• Air filter changed (Voluntary)
• Coolant Changes (Voluntary, on advice of Galaxy)
• Brake Pad cleaning. Still on my original brake pads and they look good to last another 5-10k easily.
• Check rear brakes.
• Clutch bleeding.

Total Expenditure: Rs 2100 plus Engine Oil (@ 200 bucks a litre) ≈ Rs 2700

Galaxy is a Maruti Service Master and a decent service center. Plus they let you stand with the car to get the work done. A nice experience, but only if they could speed up things a little bit. Thanks to white_vdi for the reference and the “sifaarish”.

Upcoming Plans:

- I should be getting the tyres changed to Yoko A drives pretty soon.
- The Bumper has a lot of cuts and bruises courtesy Delhi traffic. I don’t know whether I would replace or repaint the goddamn thing. Or just let it be.
- New Number plates. The pathetic ones provided by the dealer have started peeling off.
- Change in the wiper blades. Looking for Bosch ones.
- Upgrade the headlights. On a trial basis, have to pick up a set of bulbs from a lazy bum called Phamilyman.

Planning to add some OWS goodies at about 55k. Will to talk to Frahan to figure out which ones to use.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th July 2009 at 17:46.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:00   #269
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I was not given the old part coz it had to go to Maruti under its warranty replacement policy. I tend to believe it but is it true?
Eddy,

They are right. The replaced/defective part under warranty does go to MUL. Recently, I had my clutch replaced at 14,000 kms (under warranty) and the Service Manager at the M.A.S.S made a clear mention that the part will have to be shipped back to MUL with a copy of my bill.

Also, on the bill it was mentioned replaced under warranty and charges for labor and parts were Rs. 0.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 12:02   #270
Team-BHP Support

Yep, thanks. It was same in my case too !