Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st September 2007, 04:50   #16
BHPian

Congrats! Enjoy your ride and keep sharing your ownership experience.
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 11:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Thank you guys. Going to Khan market tomorrow to pick some stuff like Turtle wax and all. Went through Rudra Da's thread but any more suggestions ? Has anyone done any shopping from the place and can recommend some shop ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Hey BUSA - make that 4 VDI with ABS!!! Just got mine last week in sunlight copper!
ceebeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 13:42   #19

congrats..............enjoy
vickyy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 23:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
Hey BUSA - make that 4 VDI with ABS!!! Just got mine last week in sunlight copper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
My first car ! My biggest spend since I started working about 15 months ago ! A Silky Silver Swift VDI with ABS.
And yes, I am still confused as to what kind of ICE to go for
You have made me and a lot of other folks on this forum jealous with your 1.5 week delivery! Congrats & Great investment

Nice writeup too! You havent mentioned anything about upsizing tires. This is imperative in all Swift variants but more so for the DDis due to its torquey engine, do budget for that.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
You have made me and a lot of other folks on this forum jealous with your 1.5 week delivery! Congrats & Great investment

Nice writeup too! You havent mentioned anything about upsizing tires. This is imperative in all Swift variants but more so for the DDis due to its torquey engine, do budget for that.
Yes, perhaps in December or so when I have the Vitamin M. Also, will give me time to see if I actually need them.
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
will give me time to see if I actually need them.
You would surely need it, while in the TD you would/should have felt the same.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You would surely need it, while in the TD you would/should have felt the same.
I did feel something, but the thing is that I have not driven a swift with wider rims to feel the difference
Old 29th September 2007, 12:38   #24
Team-BHP Support

Default 500 KM of absolute bliss

Finally took delivery of the car last Sunday. Have driven it for approx 550 km or so and its a pleasure. Detailed analysis in the next post

Car outside the showroom

The model

The real driver

Beauty Inside

Last edited by Eddy : 29th September 2007 at 12:49.
Old 29th September 2007, 15:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratualtions Eddy, make sure you dont break, accelerate, corner hard till the run in is done.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 17:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks. Rear speakers even if I will be driving most of the time ?
Yes. I drive the car most of the time and I have just the rear speakers. Driver Road presence increases with this setup.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:14   #27
Team-BHP Support

Default Dealership Experience(s)

Once I had decided to buy the car and my friend in MUL was helping out with the delivery, I had to look out for a dealer through whom I could take the delivery.

Magic Auto, Dwarka: Smallish dealer at a very convenient location so very easily accessible. Was very courteous when I went to them and told them the situation. I asked for a test-drive of the car and to my shock, they came to me with a customers car for a TD. On inquiry, they said that the TD car was not available since the demand for the car was very high and hence they used customer cars for occasional TDs. I was pissed off and decided not to deal with the guy. I know this might be a common practice but still decided to give other dealers a try.

Marketing Times, Rajouri Garden: Again, pretty near to my place so went ahead and checked it out. They had a TD vehicle but the salesmen there had absolutely no clue about the car that he was trying to sell. I did not tell him about my friend in MUL just to assess these guys. Three people in the dealership including their manager asked me not to buy ABS since it is useless. "Swift already has booster brakes" and ABS is just a show-off. Guess they knew that the high waiting period for the ABS version might just put me off. Rejected thi dealer on grounds of misinformation.

Then my friend suggested Fair Deal Cars in Shahdra, the same dealer he bought his car from. Although it was a fair distance away from where I live, I decided to go ahead with it since it came with a good reference.

-----------------------------

Dealership Experience:

The guys were very courteous and updated me regularly about the status of the loan and the car. Finally, one day before promised, they called me to inform that the car had reached their godown in Samalkha (near Gurgaon).
I went there to inspect the vehicle and noted everything. All seemed well.

Delivery Experience: I reached the dealership at 11.30 am on Sunday 23 September. Could see my car, all spik and span, standing just outside. There was no number plate yet. Since I was visiting the dealer for the first time, the loan formalities took about 2 hours. It was a little frustrating signing so many times on n number of documents.
I think the dealer could have been a little more organized but probably that was due to the Sunday rush. Anyways, after a longish wait, I was offered a choice of 5 registration nos out of which I chose the one I liked the most. Made the downpayment and payment for the extended warranty for 3&4 years through cheque.

Another half an hour later, the car was ready with the freebies that the dealer had promised (Mudflaps, floor mats, steering cover etc). After a short little ceremony where the keys were handed over along with a coconut etc, I drove off............................................... .................

The ownership experience coming up in the next post......
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Swift. BTW, how long is the waiting period for a diesel Swift---I heard from unconfirmed sources that it is 6 months.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats on your new Swift. BTW, how long is the waiting period for a diesel Swift---I heard from unconfirmed sources that it is 6 months.
No, i think its about a month now for VDI without ABS in Delhi. More for the ABS version.
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:28   #30
Team-BHP Support

Default 700 km experience

The Ododmeter reads 738 km. I am hoping to complete 1000 by Saturday and give it for the first service. Here are my observations of the driving experience:

Looks: Subjective issue. I just love the Swift styling and it has been so ever since the car was launched. Regarding the color, after owning and trying to maintain a black Flair, I had decided that I will go for a Silver car and fall in Rudra's extremely lucky category. Fortunately, I found silver to be the best color on the Swift so there was no confusion.

Space: I have been driving all the while so have not had the chance to sit anywhere else in the car. Found the spacing to be quite sufficient even though I am a six footer. Family sitting at the back also did not complain although the rear seat comes absolutely nowhere close to the Flair.

Ride: The ride is comfortable but I am not too happy with the seating position. I am definately more tired, especially the lower back, driving the Swift than I ever was driving the Ikon. But I think its just a thing of getting used to the seating position and finding the best seat angle and stuff.

Visibilty: The biggest drawback. Visibility all round and especially rear is not so great. Hence parking and reversing will take some getting used to and little bit of guess work.

Engine & Gears: There is a definite grunt of the engine that reminds you that you are driving a diesel. Will try out different fuels and see if this reduces after servicing. Gear shift is short and precise. No problems here.

FE: The absolutely bestest part. I got an FE of 22kmpl driving in the city without AC. I am not exaggerating and there is little margin of error since I used the tankfull to tankfull method at the same bunk (IOC normal diesel from the company owned outlet right opposite Hyatt). Will let you guys know the FE with AC in the next fill.

Some Issues:

- The car pulls towards the left slightly and I think I will get the wheel balancing done at the first service to see if there is improvement.

- Turbo - I do not see any appreciable and noticeable surge of power at 2000 rpm. It was very remarkable during the TDs but not in my car. Any idea whats wrong ? Me slightly worried.

- The car surges ahead when being driven in the 2nd gear, even at low rpm. Is there an ECU issue here ? During bumper to bumper traffic, when I downshift from 2 to nuetral, The rpm suddenly shoots up when I press the clutch. Can someone please expalin ?

- The windscreen water jet only shoots water up to just below the middle of the windscreen. Is this normal ?

Overall Verdict: Its a damn good car, touchwood and I am loving it

Edit: Moderators, can you please change the title of the thread and 700 km update

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd October 2007 at 15:34.