Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd December 2013, 15:20   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel VDI (ABS) - 6 Years & 1.55 Lakh Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
He is giving you GOLI.

To insert the Cabin air filter,we just need to remove the glove box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I didn't choose for AC cleaning as he told the dashboard will be removed! I simply told him to change the filter and give it. I cleaned the AC vents on a Sunday as a DIY.

The fact is the filter never existed in my car so I didn't want to take risk of opening the dash. Anyway Maruti is known for rattles and why give then another chance to induce rattles!

Just don't accept it. Get the filter changed. That's all.

Anurag.

Thanks Anurag..It never existed in my Ritz.

F150, Ofcourse, its a simple DIY stuff to fit a cabin filter.

But SA had a theory that A/C vents / circulation chambers need to be cleaned for cabin air filter to be effective.
For the cleaning activity they have to remove & refit the dash and its inclusive of cleaning charges which costs Rs2000/-.

Anyway I have decided to go ahead and buy the filter from the Maruti Spares stores .
Thanks and Drive Safe.
alexpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 01:45   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post

Thanks Anurag..It never existed in my Ritz.

F150, Ofcourse, its a simple DIY stuff to fit a cabin filter.

But SA had a theory that A/C vents / circulation chambers need to be cleaned for cabin air filter to be effective.
For the cleaning activity they have to remove & refit the dash and its inclusive of cleaning charges which costs Rs2000/-.

Anyway I have decided to go ahead and buy the filter from the Maruti Spares stores .
Thanks and Drive Safe.
Just buy the filter and drive on. Cleaning the vents did good to my A/C cooling and overall working.

Even if I agree for that job not that I can check it for cleanliness I've the car is handed over to me. So why keep taking up my brain psychologically, I decided to just add the filter and keep driving.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote