Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 3rd October 2007, 15:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

when you shift to neutral and the rpm shoots up make sure your foot is completely off the accelerator when shifting.

the windscreen washer jets can be adjusted by you. just take a pin and with trial and error get the right adjustment.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 3rd October 2007 at 15:54.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

[/b]- The car pulls towards the left slightly and I think I will get the wheel balancing done at the first service to see if there is improvement.

wheel alignment check, NOT wheel balancing

- Turbo - I do not see any appreciable and noticeable surge of power at 2000 rpm. It was very remarkable during the TDs but not in my car. Any idea whats wrong ? Me slightly worried.

since you are runnin in you might be taking it gentle and hence not ckick in the back feel

- The car surges ahead when being driven in the 2nd gear, even at low rpm. Is there an ECU issue here ? During bumper to bumper traffic, when I downshift from 2 to nuetral, The rpm suddenly shoots up when I press the clutch. Can someone please expalin ?

its the torque converter, you will get used to it soon

- The windscreen water jet only shoots water up to just below the middle of the windscreen. Is this normal ?

i guess so, the water spray should cover the wiper blade movement area, thats the idea

Overall Verdict: Its a damn good car, touchwood and I am loving it

Edit: Moderators, can you please change the title of the thread and 700 km update
enjoy the drive and the reply are inline
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:24   #33
Team-BHP Support

@ Jaggu

I tried several times, there is no change at all when I move from 1800 to 2500 rpm in the power. Anyways, I will check again after the service.

Also, what all to be done in the first service ?

- Engine Oil change
- Filter change
- Wheel alignment

Anything else ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:31   #34
Team-BHP Support

ok, turbo kicks in at 1900 rpm territory and you should feel good pull from then on till say 3k atleast.

check list you have posted in aok, only the wheel alignment is optional, since you mentioned side pull.
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:38   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ok, turbo kicks in at 1900 rpm territory and you should feel good pull from then on till say 3k atleast.

check list you have posted in aok, only the wheel alignment is optional, since you mentioned side pull.
Thats what worries me, I feel nothing at all... just normal acceleration. The TD vehicles were rockets at 2k rpm.

And is the rpm overshoot while shifting down from 2 to neutral normal ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu,

What's this torque converter you mention?

AFAIK, Swift does not have any torque convertor.

Correct me if I am wrong.

And Eddy, yes, you MUST feel the kick at 2000 RPM. If not, there is something wrong.

And when you press clutch, RPM should go down and not surge.

Something wrong here and there may be a common root cause to both these issues I think.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

check with MASS and see if all well.

its a gizmo which fiddles/overrides the rpm inputs using the ecm to keep the engine runnin at extreme load condition. its quite funny to experience in a swift d, but very easy to figure out. difficult esp when you move from a petrol car.

yeah the term torque converter is wrong i guess, it should be torque sensor rather.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:23   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Jaggu,

What's this torque converter you mention?

AFAIK, Swift does not have any torque convertor.

Correct me if I am wrong.

And Eddy, yes, you MUST feel the kick at 2000 RPM. If not, there is something wrong.

And when you press clutch, RPM should go down and not surge.

Something wrong here and there may be a common root cause to both these issues I think.
Any suggestions as to what could be wrong ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

High chances of being the ECM.

But you are under warrantee (that too one of the best warrantees in the world). Just take it to the dealer and get it diagnosed and fixed in your presence.

For my NHC, I generally remain at the service station till I get the car back - it tells them that I really protect my car with my life. So they don't fool around with me...

My 2 cents.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:53   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
High chances of being the ECM.

But you are under warrantee (that too one of the best warrantees in the world). Just take it to the dealer and get it diagnosed and fixed in your presence.

For my NHC, I generally remain at the service station till I get the car back - it tells them that I really protect my car with my life. So they don't fool around with me...

My 2 cents.
I just hope that the guys at my service station are intelligent enough to understand the problem, and more importantly, competent enough to solve it
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Without doubt.

Maruti is excellent in that department.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:25   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Some Issues:

- The car pulls towards the left slightly and I think I will get the wheel balancing done at the first service to see if there is improvement.

- Turbo - I do not see any appreciable and noticeable surge of power at 2000 rpm. It was very remarkable during the TDs but not in my car. Any idea whats wrong ? Me slightly worried.

- The car surges ahead when being driven in the 2nd gear, even at low rpm. Is there an ECU issue here ? During bumper to bumper traffic, when I downshift from 2 to nuetral, The rpm suddenly shoots up when I press the clutch. Can someone please expalin ?

- The windscreen water jet only shoots water up to just below the middle of the windscreen. Is this normal ?

Guys, any other opinions on what is wrong with the car and what exactly should I communicate to the service center guy?
Old 7th October 2007, 22:35   #43
BHPian

mine is a month and four days old have done 1800 kms till date. had rattling issues.. got it fixed in the first service haven done the ice yet. running the stock tyres. and yea add to the vdis + abs . the abs is really awesome. posting some pics now.
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 01:05   #44
BHPian

does the swift vdi have alow fuel warning light. there is some lamp shape logo near the empty mark but i doubt whether it works ?
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 02:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
does the swift vdi have alow fuel warning light. there is some lamp shape logo near the empty mark but i doubt whether it works ?
It doesnt work. They need to seriously add the following to VDI:

1. Low Fuel
2. 40:60 split rear seats
3. defogger (not sure about it)
4. Space (if they can)
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote