Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th February 2008, 15:19   #76
Team-BHP Support

Default 10,000 Kms and 3rd Service Update

What a car !!!!!! (Touchwood) cheers:

I have completed 10000 kms in just over 4 months. Thank God i bought a diesel. )

My drive has been limited to the city but generally on good roads. Highway experience has been limited to the daily trips to Gurgaon and one trip to Murthal (excellent paranthas at Sukhdev ka dhaba ).

Drive: Fantastic. Has more than enough power just when you need it. I have graduated from driving an Omni and an Ikno flair to this car and just about gotten used to the torque the car delivers at low revs. The forward thrust in the second gear used to scare me earlier.

FE: Good driving conditions, a light foot and no AC usage has resulted in FE of 20+. Have to see if this can be bettered on the highway but I doubt it.

Fuel Used:
IOC Regular for all but one of the tankfulls. The pumps that I frequent regularly, in order of preference are:
1. IOC Regular Rohini (Between Rohini West Metro station and Japanese park)
2. IOC COCO Dwarka
3. IOC COCO Opposite Hyatt.

Handling: A lot has been said about the good handling of the swift and I agree with that. It could have been better in my case coz I am still on the stock footwear and plan to remain so till they wear out.

Braking: Very prompt and the car behaves pretty well when braked hard. A question to the gurus out there. Should I test my ABS just to check ? If yes, how ?

Service Experience: All three services done with FairDeal Motors in Sahibabad. Got oil changed at 1k, 5k and 10k. Using mineral oil Mobil delvac super1300 15 w 40. Got the oil filter changed at 10k. Service costs are 690, 950 and 1600 bucks.

My rear seat belt buck has started touching the door panel and rattles. Have to keep it hooked to prevent the rattle and has worked so far.

ICE: Sony Ericsson w580i. Will get my actual system in March.

NVH Levels: I think it is as quiet as a diesel can be and am pretty satisfied with it. However, the stock tyres are terribly noisy.

---------
To - Do List:

- Use System D. Is it advisable ? Where do I source it from ? Is this the product ? IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD. The link to contact us doesn't work

- Do I need to put in any additive in the engine oil. The service center guys did mention about putting some additive but were out of stock so I did not put it not could find out any intelligent details from them.

- Anything I can do to increase the headlight visibility ? Which bulbs can I switch to ? FairDeal didn't have any recommendations. I do not want an expensive option. Heard 90/100 with relay will cost me about 1000. Thats ok but I am wary of the increased wattage leading to burning or heating up etc ? Any bulbs in the original wattage that can do a better job than the stock ones ?

- I love the new taillights. Planning to get them.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 16:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A 165 size hard-compound tyre on a 1.1 ton,190Nm car is an unhealthy practice too.
But, it IS recommended by the same cheapskate manufacturer.
Even the Opel Astra came fitted with 165/80/14 tyres in India.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
- Use System D. Is it advisable ? Where do I source it from ? Is this the product ? IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD. The link to contact us doesn't work Avoid this, its not required, its for Indica's and not for the Swift

- Do I need to put in any additive in the engine oil. The service center guys did mention about putting some additive but were out of stock so I did not put it not could find out any intelligent details from them. Yes once in 10000 kms IMO

- Anything I can do to increase the headlight visibility ? Which bulbs can I switch to ? FairDeal didn't have any recommendations. I do not want an expensive option. Heard 90/100 with relay will cost me about 1000. Thats ok but I am wary of the increased wattage leading to burning or heating up etc ? Any bulbs in the original wattage that can do a better job than the stock ones ? Go for the relay if you dont mind upgrading, otherwise get Osram Nightbreaker 100/90 will cost 1600 bucks, no relay required.

- I love the new taillights. Planning to get them. How much do they cost?
My answers in bold.

BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:55   #79
BHPian

how much it costs in delhi (on road).
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 00:08   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
how much it costs in delhi (on road).
5.71 lacs on the road in Delhi when I bought it. Heard that the prices have gone up by around 10k for the 2008 model.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:10   #81
Team-BHP Support

@BUSA: I have not found out how much the new tail lamps cost. Will let you know if I come to know.

Btw, are you sure that System D should not be used in the Swift. How do you clean the injectors otherwise ?
Old 13th February 2008, 14:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
@BUSA: I have not found out how much the new tail lamps cost. Will let you know if I come to know.

Btw, are you sure that System D should not be used in the Swift. How do you clean the injectors otherwise ?

Busa may have a point , never heard of anyone using system d in a Crdi engine !
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 00:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Busa may have a point , never heard of anyone using system d in a Crdi engine !
Yeah, your right, CRDi engines dont need system D. Also its not advised by MSIL.

Quote:

Let me know about the tail lamps, if they are costing around 6k, better to get LED ones for a bit more.

Use some addictive every 10k kms and put the whole can in the fuel tank when you tank up.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:13   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Use some addictive every 10k kms and put the whole can in the fuel tank when you tank up.
Which one ? And how is that different from System D ?
Old 18th February 2008, 20:59   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which one ? And how is that different from System D ?
Some Diesel 444, dont worry, MSIL guys will tell you about it on service. Its different as i think its thicker, not sure though.
Old 18th February 2008, 22:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Its a 3M product, one for engine oil and one for diesel tank each Rs 500 for a can lol
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Its a 3M product, one for engine oil and one for diesel tank each Rs 500 for a can lol
where did you buy this in bangalore?
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:35   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you used this ? How was the experience ?
Old 6th March 2008, 12:52   #89
BHPian

Isn't using system D or another additive equal to using premium diesels ? If I am not wrong then they are also diesel fuels with additive na ? If so then how about a tankful of premium fuel every 5k or 10 k ?
austere_sly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 15:16   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
where did you buy this in bangalore?
RNS Yashwanthpur, recommended and used it for my 10 k service
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote