Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th September 2007, 11:46   #16
Team-BHP Support

The City ensures a really good utilization of interior space, with lots of places where one can store stuff. I realized the same when travelling in my friend's car.

Inspite of how much i dont like the City's looks, i do appreciate these features.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yup NHC has space under the rear seat as the fuel tank is placed under the front seats. In the thai version you can fold up the rear bench to utilize that space. In the indian one it's fixed but you can still put some shopping bags there.

BTW, the floor under the front seats is a little elevated which provides a natural foot rest for the rear passengers...I just love it and so does my mom...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 26th September 2007 at 11:49.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, the floor under the front seats is a little elevated which provides a natural foot rest for the rear passengers...I just love it and so does my mom...

Dude there is no box . Its just empty .
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
What box? What is empty?
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Inspite of how much i dont like the City's looks, i do appreciate these features.
Me too. I hate its looks, but admire its roomy features.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What box? What is empty?
Methinks he is referring to the image of the backseat, which shows a box under the rear seat.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice Report.

A NHC VTEC owner had complained to ACI about this cars shoddy braking. Apparently the car used to lock up even at low speeds. Have you faced any such issues? There is a topic about this on the forum too. Also, you say the car bottoms out at times. I haven't seen any other City owner complain about this.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 18:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Nice Report.

A NHC VTEC owner had complained to ACI about this cars shoddy braking. Apparently the car used to lock up even at low speeds. Have you faced any such issues? There is a topic about this on the forum too. Also, you say the car bottoms out at times. I haven't seen any other City owner complain about this.
Yes the breaking is a bit shoddy as compared to other cars in the class but its due to the small size of the disc. Changing the tyres will help/

Never faced problems of locking at low speed but yes around 80 or 90 , faced it once

when the car is loaded ie Like 4 guys apart from me ( on the drivers seat ) and the bass tube , It does touch the speed breakers but the ones which are really big.

And even I dont like the looks of the car much but i find them better than sx4.

and there is no storage box under the Rear seat but there is empty space , quite an innovative feature!
Old 26th September 2007, 19:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The picture posted by vid6639 with the box under the rear seat is the latest facelifted City version launched in Malayasia. I don't think it has made it to India yet. Till then its empty space under the rear seat

I wish Honda had given foldable rear seats in NHC in India also. That would have created huge space in the car !
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 00:22   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Yes the breaking is a bit shoddy as compared to other cars in the class but its due to the small size of the disc. Changing the tires will help/
actually,the brakes of the city vtec are very good and the disc size is apt and bigger discs cant be put because the rims are 14".since the nhc vtec has disc brakes all around,the tires need to have good grip to cope with the braking pressure else they lock up.faced a lot of similar problems of locking up with the stock 175/65R14 s322's but the problem disappeared as soon as upsized to 195/60r14 xm1's.
All the vtec owners should get the tires up sized.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 11:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Man , will upgrade to 195/60R14 the next time

Is Potenza a good Pick?
Old 28th September 2007, 01:45   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Thanks Man , will upgrade to 195/60R14 the next time

Is Potenza a good Pick?
potenzas are really good if you want grip but they dont provide a good cushioning on bad roads .that way,xm1's are decent in grip and comfort as well.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 16:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
..All the vtec owners should get the tires up sized.
Is it only for Vtec owners or Can the GXi/Exi vehicle tyres be changed to 195/60 R14.. as the stock tyres for all the NHC variants is of the same size.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:05   #29
BHPian

All GXI/Exi vehicles can be changed.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 16:31   #30
Team-BHP Support

well i couldnt find a thread so i guess ill put my impression of the nhc vtec over here-

the innova has gone for servicing so my dad got an nhc vtec to keep till it comes back. now you all know how it looks etc so im not gonna comment on that.

the interior is nice. i like the two tone theme. the optitron meters look pretty nice. the legroom, headroom are all pretty good. they could have used better plastics though.

the engine is refined like all hondas and this one has a decent amount of torque. it revs nicely to the redline and when the vtec comes in it gets better. the accelaration is pretty good. its not something that will leave you with a smile on your face but it wont dissapoint either. the rev limiter kicks in at 6750rpm i think.

the braking i did not like much. it did not give me much confidence. i think the goodyear gps2's are to blame for this. had it come with better wider tires the braking would have improved substantially.

the handling is like all honda citys and it has quite a bit of body roll on corners.

the steering is over light and can be scary at speeds over 80.

the suspension makes a bit of noise but soaks up bumps well.

is it worth 10 lacs? the answer to that is NO. even with abs and airbags its not worth its pricetag.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote