Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th October 2007, 13:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Isn't VW already selling VW Toureg officially in India? There are quite a few on roads in Hyd.

no anna.. most of them are via private importers.. basic version is roughly 50l on road.. almost equal to the diesel e class.. so most of the construction guys are preferring the toureag..
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:04   #77
BHPian

Default Basic VW 2,0 engine on passat it way too expensive.?..

Hello folks, i didnot expected this from VW, they have launched their proven workhorse, the 2litre basic Vw engine, which does duty on their entire product line.

No doubt the engine is good & refined, but still it is a very basic from VW stable, & for hell that price in india. believe me, its much cheaper here, & since Vw is assembling the car in india itself, it shouldnt be that costly.

I enquired from a neighbourhood dealer, with same spec car, its called passat 2,0 TDI comfortline here in germany & a base model(not luxury).It costs Euro 25,900 here in germany.

No body will pickup a passat for that price here, ok a top of the line engine & a loaded Passat costs here 40,000-42,000 euros , but for that price our Indian fellows are getting just basic.

Govt. should make an anti dumping policy or overcharging policy for MNC's.
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Arun - In our economy (Which is becoming a pure competitive one) the laws of supply and demand will apply to all products. If there is a demand for VW cars then the car will sell at whatever price being quoted. If not the cars will not sell and VW will come with a price revision soon. I do not see a reason for Government to be intervening in this matter.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 16:48   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Arun - In our economy (Which is becoming a pure competitive one) the laws of supply and demand will apply to all products. If there is a demand for VW cars then the car will sell at whatever price being quoted. If not the cars will not sell and VW will come with a price revision soon. I do not see a reason for Government to be intervening in this matter.
I agree completely
Even my brother in law is planning for passat & planning to go for test drive any idea where is nearest VW dealer close to mg rd?
kastaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 21:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

How can a Passat which is dearer by two lacks to the Superb, be comapred to the Suberb, the Passat uses a 2.0L engine in line 4 cylinder engine, the superb uses a 2.5L V6 diesel producing 163 bhp, 23 more then the Passat.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 11:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
How can a Passat which is dearer by two lacks to the Superb, be comapred to the Suberb, the Passat uses a 2.0L engine in line 4 cylinder engine, the superb uses a 2.5L V6 diesel producing 163 bhp, 23 more then the Passat.
Well the Superb is only slightly faster than the Passat. But i feel the Passat handling is far superior...
EVO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:03   #82
BHPian

Congrats evo on your new ride. She is a beauty.
whicked wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 14:01   #83
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Passenger Side AirBag Switch / Indicator

Regarding the Passenger Side AirBag Switch / Indicator comments numbered 65-75 on this thread:

My two cents..

My Laura DSG L&K AT Manual too does talk about this option and mentions on/off switches at the back of various stowage compartments as well as in the centre dash. The Centre dash postions mentioned in the manual are blanked out switches and the postions in the stowage compartments again have no swtich. The manual does mention that all features would not be present in all models. So I guess this feature is meant for times when the passenger is a child or a child seat is being used. (though not recommended for the front seat.) They possibly have not given these features in India considering India usage conditions and of course to save some money. Most other features mentioned in the manual are present, except a fire extinguisher that is supposed to be placed below the Driver Seat.

Considering that the Passat and Laura share a fair bit of technology this aspect is similar except that the Passat CKD units do not have the feature blanked out.

At a certain level India Car users still need to mature to the correct methods of Child Seat usage and the fact that infants should never be held in the front seats.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 14:15   #84
BHPian

Default was that you?

Hey,on this weekend when I was returning from Kolhapur to Pune, I saw a Black Passat going towards pune at one of the TOLL Nakas,it was carrying MH 01 number plate.Was it you? The car looks fantastic.
amya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
Hey,on this weekend when I was returning from Kolhapur to Pune, I saw a Black Passat going towards pune at one of the TOLL Nakas,it was carrying MH 01 number plate.Was it you? The car looks fantastic.
Dude, throughtout this thread, people have been saying how Bhushan's Passat looks great in WHITE!!! It's slightly possible that he hasn't painted it black since, No?
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 13:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, I read today an ad by VW (Kashyap Motors ?) saying Passat is now available with free insurance (70-80K) plus low interest rate.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 00:23   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

If that is like the deals companies offer in uk, it will be free insurance for the first year, of course.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 16:40   #88
BHPian

too many Passats now in B'lore ....I see 1-2 almost everyday....damn these RICH LANDLORDS :(
I saw a guy who wore a lungi and banian with a towel around his neck driving a Skoda Superb :( ....came to know that he used to sell milk 12-13 years ago...now he's a building contractor.

Last edited by shiva_cool87 : 15th July 2008 at 16:43.
shiva_cool87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 21:11   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Evo, was wondering if you could keep us updated about the service costs, quality of service, reliability and availability of parts i.e. basically the ownership experience with VW so far. Considering there aren't too many Passat owners around, and surely quite a few considering the Jetta, it would be of great help. Thanks.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote