Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 13:04   #31
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

@BUSA

5. Door Switch Assy R&R - Yours has gone and replaced? No, the door took more efforts to be closed so some lock has been replaced.

Is this not covered under warranty?
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 18:05   #32
BHPian
 
RufRoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Congrats BUSA, I guess you're the first to cross the 20000 mark out here and great to know that it's going great. Thanks for the info on the service details, will be very useful to others out here.

Would like to clarify on the synthetic oil you use, Is it Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 or Mobil Delvac 1 5W-50?
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 01:49   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post

Would like to clarify on the synthetic oil you use, Is it Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 or Mobil Delvac 1 5W-50?
Its Mobil 1 5w50 API SM not Delvac .
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 18:13   #34
BHPian
 
ebmrajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Busa,
What would be the rough cost estimate for a complete pete? it would be better if you can list the prices separately for each component...

thanks
ebmrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 22:58   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Post

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
Busa: Are you sure delvac has nothing extra for diesel engines than the one you're using which is for petrol?
As rightly pointed out by cy, i am not using delvac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
congrats busa on completing 20k! have you done any research on recaro and how much it may cost? are you planning changing only driver seat or all seats?
Yeah done a little research on recaro's from people who have used it, they are better then the stock seats. They should cost 12k and i plan to change the front seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Is this not covered under warranty?
Its a running problem so it doesnot come under warranty, just like tires dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Would like to clarify on the synthetic oil you use, Is it Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 or Mobil Delvac 1 5W-50?
Its API SM 5W50 as cy rightly said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Busa,
What would be the rough cost estimate for a complete pete? it would be better if you can list the prices separately for each component...
A Petes Box will cost you 29k, just PM Peter aka Turboindia and he will let you know.

Quote:
Busa i would have tried out a die hard meant for diesel oil , got nothing to lose.
Can you tell me which one is that?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 07:09   #36
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

BUSA, have you tried settings 2 and 3 on the box? I'm starting to get greedy. only thing stopping me is that I'm not too technical and dont want to be messing with the box.

If you have tried it, how big a difference does it make?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 13:11   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
BUSA, have you tried settings 2 and 3 on the box? I'm starting to get greedy. only thing stopping me is that I'm not too technical and dont want to be messing with the box.

If you have tried it, how big a difference does it make?
Yup have tried it, power increases a bit, but it started to smoke more(maybe coz of premium fuel) Spoke to Peter, he said setting 1 is the best for the Swift. Setting 2 and 3, your mileage wont increase as it does in setting 1. Get a FFE and shift to setting 3
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 17:55   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Where did you get your service done man? , asked earlier too -curious.

Hey think i owe you a bit of an apology - the swift Diesels 's oil filter is 7 times more expensive than the petrols so i imagine its much better, saw it yesterday too but man if your oil filter costs 750 ish rs i would still definitely buy the K&N oil filter for 1090 rs

EDIT : oops just read in autocar your oil filter costs only 435 rs mine 74 rs , dont know why i thought it was 750 . Go for K&N man.
And your fuel filter costs 950 , mine costs 410 .

Last edited by cyneverdie : 21st February 2008 at 18:00.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 18:41   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Where did you get your service done man? , asked earlier too -curious.
Automotive Nerul

Quote:
Hey think i owe you a bit of an apology - the swift Diesels 's oil filter is 7 times more expensive than the petrols so i imagine its much better, saw it yesterday too but man if your oil filter costs 750 ish rs i would still definitely buy the K&N oil filter for 1090 rs
Its not about the cost, i have heard problems with aftermarket oil filters, so dont wnat to take the risk.

Quote:
oops just read in autocar your oil filter costs only 435 rs mine 74 rs , dont know why i thought it was 750 . Go for K&N man.
And your fuel filter costs 950 , mine costs 410.
Diesel maintaince is slightler more expensive.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 18:47   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Its not about the cost, i have heard problems with aftermarket oil filters, so dont wnat to take the risk.
i have not heard of ANY problems with the K&N - the world over - did my research so i think you have been misinformed . Get the proper filter for your car if its available and peace it
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 11:29   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: Once
Default

[quote=BUSA;716813]Total bill came to be, hold your breath guys Rs. 4300, which doesnot include engine oil(as i use synthetic)

The bill consisted of the following : -

Diesel Treatment (Aka 244 Diesel) - Rs. 500
Paid Service - 700
Wheel R&R - 60
Disc Brakes Cleaning - 480
Brake Bleeding - 300
Radiator Flushing - 170
Door Switch Assy R&R - 300
Brake Fluid - 275
Gear Oil 75W90 - Rs. 632
2 x Coolant non Amine - Rs. 417
2 x Ring Synchroniser - 0(under warranty)
Misc - 50
Clip, FR Fender Lining - W

Total - 4328(Which doesnot include engine oil)
Imagine if change of brake pads were required



Are you serious!? I paid a bill of 11,250/- for my 20,000 service at sai service Parel.
Detailed bill coming up.

Last edited by vandan : 7th February 2009 at 11:33.
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 18:32   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,402
Thanked: 4,678 Times
Default

BUSA: Where are you nowadays ? Time for an update perhaps ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 11:34   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,212 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan View Post
Are you serious!? I paid a bill of 11,250/- for my 20,000 service at sai service Parel.
Detailed bill coming up.
11 grand for a Swift! That's more than twice of what my Vtec cost for the 20,000 kms major service.

Actually, not that surprising since Sai Service is one of the worst places to take your Maruti to (search within the forum). You'd be better off with Vitesse (Prabhadevi).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:47   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
11 grand for a Swift! That's more than twice of what my Vtec cost for the 20,000 kms major service.

Actually, not that surprising since Sai Service is one of the worst places to take your Maruti to (search within the forum). You'd be better off with Vitesse (Prabhadevi).
YEA! I just posted details on this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-000-km-4.html (Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM)
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 10:20   #45
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Maybe it's high time we start a thread for the service costs associated for standard services so that fellow BHPians are not taken for a ride by these A.S.S
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clicking sound from Peted Swift LDi engine after MASS service at 77K deetjohn Technical Stuff 6 15th January 2011 10:58
Peted Swift after 60,000 kms Amey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 19 10th February 2010 18:30
My Peted Swift rippergeo Modifications & Accessories 213 14th September 2009 10:57
10000kms with Swift Vdi woof Long-Term Ownership Reviews 22 29th January 2009 13:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:54.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks