Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th October 2007, 22:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Post Peted Swift VDi ABS 10000kms Review. EDIT : Updated to 20,000 kms

Got my Swift serviced today at 98xx kms and the total bill came to Rs. 920/-

The costs for service were 435 for Green Oil Filter + Clips & 485 for engine flush, which was sourced by the dealer from outside, since they didnot have flush and diesel have different flush, they attached the bill on the total bill and it came to Rs. 920/- Since this was third free service there was no labour chargers.

But wait thats not all, & its not only 920/- that the third service costed.

Work Carried on for 10000kms service is as follows.
  • Alignment/Balancing - Rs. 1100 from outside the service center(since the service advisor told me they wont be able to do it for 15inchers as they dont have the machines, funny thing since SX4 runs on 16inchers)
  • Complete Inside/Outside Wash with soap and pressure wash.
  • Rear Right Mudflap Clip
  • No air filter change since i am putting Green filter in a day or two.
  • Body Polishing had to be done, butttttt due to time constraints has been postponed to next service.
  • Engine Oil Change to Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5W50.
The oil change has made a significant improvement in the cars NVH levels, which have slighly decreased, the cars pick up has improved slightly, & thats not me just saying it, the service engineer also vouched for it and was driving the car in the premises and was pleasantly suprised to notice the positive changes of the oil. He said & i am qouting him "Awaaz kaam zala, pick up mast zala" So yes the synthetic oil is a plus to use in the Swift. Many thanks to Rtech, our on board oil guru for helping me with the grade and answering my queries.

Tomorrow, i will re-install the Petes Box, as i had removed it for servicing, day after i will put the Green Filter.

& then lets see how this combo works

Petes + Green + Mobil1 + Premium Fuel =

Till date 10,000 kms Gods grace, the car has been smooth and has lived upto its expectations, delivering good performance + good FE.

If there is anything i would like to change in this car, it would be the seats which are a tad hard for my comfort, i do plan to put Recaro's but not in the immediate future.

Handling is a positive aspect of the Swift, very tail happy and is extremely fun to drive with 195/60/15 tyres. The ride is a bit harsh though & rattling seems to have died down of late.

Mods - I will be updating this thread with further info on the car with time.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 10:39   #2
BHPian

Hi,
Where did you get the service done? I am trying to hone in on a reliable Maruti service centre - Closest to me is Spectra and I dont want to go there after my last experience!
ceebeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 12:27   #3
BHPian

Wow Busa !
I am waiting for your report once Green+Petes happens.
Even i got 2nd Service done yesterday.
Some questions,
1] How much oil was needed, reason for asking, i have been advised to switch to synthetic.
2] Cost of the oil
3] What was used for flushing ?

Cheers ! & congrats
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 12:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

ceebeezee i get it done at automotive, had a esteem 6years + ago and know quite a few people around there who are quite helpful and take special care.

1] How much oil was needed, reason for asking, i have been advised to switch to synthetic - I gave them a 4L can, they returned some amount, i guess 3.5L or so.
2] Cost of the oil 2500
3] What was used for flushing ? Diesel Flush, i dont know which one, they sourced it specially for me from outside the dealership

Dont worry the report on Green + Petes will be written soon, once its installed

Last edited by BUSA : 11th October 2007 at 12:30.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Alignment/Balancing - Rs. 1100 from outside the service center(since the service advisor told me they wont be able to do it for 15inchers as they dont have the machines, funny thing since SX4 runs on 16inchers)
But why did this cost Rs 1100? In Chennai, alignment, 5 wheel rotation and 5 wheel balancing cost Rs 500 at an authorised MRF dealer.

I checked with the Maruti service center on allignment and they said they use no machines but some "thread " technique to allign. I asked them to run away from me before I strike them......
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 12:39   #6
BANNED

Busa, Can I use the same oil as you did for the petrol swift or woudl I have to use some other grade ???

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
I asked them to run away from me before I strike them......

Quote:
Busa, Can I use the same oil as you did for the petrol swift or woudl I have to use some other grade ???
Khaadu you can go ahead and use the same grade for the petrol version as well.

Quote:
But why did this cost Rs 1100?
The bill reads as follows.

Weights - 687.11
Output VAT @ 12.5% - 85.89
Wheel Balancing Charges - 100
Wheel Alignment Charges - 250
Total - 1123

Quote:
What was used for flushing
On the bill its written "Engine Flush for Maruti Swift 303no"
Old 11th October 2007, 13:04   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Busa, looks like you got yourself a very lethal combination.

Do post some pics of your engine bay and a brief report of using pete's box. How much did the Pete's cost you and when you got it installed?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 13:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Mobike - Funny thing you did not read my Petes review, posted it long time back.

Anyways here is the link
Old 11th October 2007, 13:47   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:

Handling is a positive aspect of the Swift, very tail happy and is extremely fun to drive with 195/60/15 tyres.

The ride is a bit harsh though & rattling seems to have died down of late.

Mods - I will be updating this thread with further info on the car with time.
Tail Happy? Is it just the diesel version ? cos the petrol has'nt been that bad. Is the oversteer predictable? and is it safe? just wanted to know cos I'm picking up the diesel swift on monday(15th)

I dont mind a harsh ride, its a tradeoff for handling and thats always more important
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 17:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

rippergeo - I mean to say that it oversteers on stock tyres. On upgraded rubber it is balanced but easy to make its tail stick out. Go ahead with the diesel, the handling benefits are totally welcome at the cost of slightly harsh ride.

Quote:
Is the oversteer predictable? and is it safe?
Yes, its predictable and safe if you are in control.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:10   #12
BHPian

Hey busa , what made u go for the wheel alignment ,is it your regular thing or was your car pulling to one side ?
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hey busa , what made u go for the wheel alignment ,is it your regular thing or was your car pulling to one side ?
To the best of my knowledge, it is advisable to check the wheel alignment and balancing of one's car every 5000 kms, given the condition of some of our city roads. So I can only assume that BUSA was making sure things were in order, whether or not there was pulling to any one side. If am I wrong, please correct me.

Cheers!
kartikkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:14   #14
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
rippergeo - I mean to say that it oversteers on stock tyres. On upgraded rubber it is balanced but easy to make its tail stick out. Go ahead with the diesel, the handling benefits are totally welcome at the cost of slightly harsh ride.

Yes, its predictable and safe if you are in control.
just what i wanted to hear, thanks busa. I've been reading your thread for a few weeks now, and know that you've not really broken in your swift (rather like what I used to do with my previous cars) but still, any tips on how I should go about easing the car into its future? I plan to hold on to this car longer than my customary 1-2 yrs(by which time it becomes undriveable due to abuse)
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 14:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
The bill reads as follows.
Weights - 687.11
Output VAT @ 12.5% - 85.89
Wheel Balancing Charges - 100
Wheel Alignment Charges - 250
Total - 1123
BUSA, this part looks to be a con-job. 687 for weights? I wouldn't agree even if they are made of silver.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote