Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th June 2008, 13:19   #121
BHPian

Cool

14th Saturday 2008, got up early and washed the car, got ready and was waiting for my friends call as we had plans of going for lunch. Suddenly when I was updating the form about imported cars in Bangalore, thought I need to do some minor changes to car, was waiting for my friends call till 11:30…. Then I changed the plans called my younger brother and asked him for his plans… he replied he had no such plans for week end as his exams were stating in this week….. While in conversation just told we shell go to Raj’s place to check what’s new, immediately he said yes and I started to get ready for going… suddenly form hall

Mom: “where are you going?”

I replied saying you know what mom there is some noise from the silencer so tough of getting it checked…

Mom: with full anger.. why what’s wrong with the car every thing look neat to me

I replied: mom you will not understand that just let me go after I come I will explain….

Mom: you have started spending on the car again… why you want to put money on metal like that…

I cuddled my boxers and told to close the door and left….

Younger brother started call… “hey where are you”

Me: meet you in 10 near white horse.

Y.B : be fast I need to come home early, by the way what have to told amma where you are going….

Me: I have told her that I am going to near by garage for getting the muffler bush changed…

Y.B: Okay… aunty has called home now.. amma is speak to her…

Me: tell. Her that I am in home….

Went near white horse and picked up my Y.B and his friend Tajesh (Y.B of Zen GT,Ajay) headed toward Raj’s house by that time tajesh got the message saying Raj was in U.S. for a while thought all the plans crashed… saw just went near shabeer’s place and was checked which car’s were there by that time Shabeer came and Tajesh and my younger brother started speak to him and showed my car…

First impression of Shabeer was like it’s a normal Vtec… he saw around the car and listened to the exhaust and told same thing what psycho had told me “mesh in the TRD has a cut and that is the gherrr noise… asked him whether the baffle can be removed, Shabeer told its all molded and its not advised to remove it …. Then he asked me to pop the hood…. There was a surprise for him …. The reaction was he took the cigarette off and told it’s a great setup where did you get this hedders… the impression about the car was totally changed by then… then the man started speaking and giving tips…

He bent down and say the exhaust pipes and call one of the guy and told him we need to get the 2” pipe and need to install it and he was giving him some specifications.. luckily that guy had done Ajay’s Zen GT exhaust and even our own Gowda’s Mondeo.. He just told me to wait till the time installation was done and then tell him how the car is….

With out any second thoughts agreed to get the exhaust pipe installed asked him to start the work... Shabeer looked at me and said its not possible today I can do it next week… already by that time there were 2 car’s which were getting the headers and exhaust installed. Convinced Shabeer and he agreed to give the delivery by 6:30 PM (by then I had become clam and was eagerly waiting to drive the car).

I had forgotten my phone was in silent by that time mom had called thrise…

She called again…. Picked up the call “Where are you?” I am in malleshwram.

Mom: what are you doing there? You said you will be going to near by mechanic?

Me: Mom, I am with ananth in his house....

Mom: when are you going to come back, we need to go to grand mama’s house…

Me: mom you be there in grandma’s house I will drop in couple of hours…

In Shabeer’s place.

Shabeer called some guy and told him to get a 2” Honda city pipe… (He told the main bent to be taken for honda’s specification). By then it was 1.30 pm.

Y.B: I will be going home and come back in evening and don’t worry I will tell aunty that you were in anatha’s place….

Me: Told okay and sent him home…

Tried calling ananth to keep him updated on what is happening… tried calling once he did not respond.. … tried calling him 5 time and there was no reply. Called his home and came to know he had exams on same day

Mom: called me at 2:30 again… asked where I was and what I was doing…

Me: mom I am still in anaths place…

Mom : but I am able to hear some metal noise in the background… what’s that…

Me: mom I know you are trying to check whether I am getting any thing done for the car… you know right I am totally broke…

Set an expectation that I will be coming home late.

After I disconnected the call, a auto came with pipes.... there was a 50 watts glow in my face that, I have again started getting some performance things to car….

By then the other 2 cars installation was done.. One was for Honda and the other one was zen… there was another 3 headers ready for installation and they were waiting for the car’s to arrive. After the 2 cars were done and were out for testing, they got my car inside and started the work… they removed the old exhaust pipe and explained me what difference the new pipe will have… and started the work….

After a long time of setting the front pipe then came to the rare part… by that time I was totally exhausted as I had not eaten anything…

Suddenly I got a call.. I thought it was mom, but it was ananth…

He asked me where I was, I told him what happened and were I was..explained him that it was a sudden plan so was not able to keep him updated and was not even able to convince mom.. He said not to worry and told to drop in at his place after installation…

Went searching for Red bull and was able to find a shop after 1 Kms. Picked up some biscuit and Red bull, by that time even the Shabeer’s team had finished there lunch…. And the rare pipe bending and some slight adjustment were going on…. By the time complete installation was done it was 6 pm…. Told me to take for the test drive…

I was very much eager, but had thought there would be only a bit of pick-up… sat in the car and started it… sound was very clear and the humming sound was awesome… shifted to first gear and it was a slight pick up.. I was not able to blast in those roads as its very narrow.. Came to main road and halted for traffic to get cleared

First gear I took off normally and shifted to 2nd and was able to fell car has become some what free it getting along air…( first it was like some one pulling you back)…3rd gear and pushed the pedal god it was like zoooom…. It was really great experience.. was very happy.. came back to shabeers place made the payment as discussed and by that time my Y.B and his guys had come picked them up and dropped them at 18th cross café and went to ananths place… after I went and parked my car… by sisters car passed trough I was life huff… thank god…

Two snaps are from mobile camera and rest of them from DSL on ramp...
Attached Images

vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 11:43   #122
BHPian

Hi Team, this is one of the best creations from my buddy in Microsoft Movie Maker

If you see a real video in future dont be shocked.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 27th June 2008 at 11:44.
Old 27th June 2008, 11:53   #123
Team-BHP Support

Why do i still think it is my car

Anyway, am glad i sold it to the right person

Don't crash it !!!

As I said earlier, look at stronger braking before you do anything else.

Quote:
First impression of Shabeer was like it’s a normal Vtec… …. Then he asked me to pop the hood…. There was a surprise for him
I loved maintaining that sleeper image.

Glad you are pleased but your mother must be cursing me!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 12:31   #124
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why do i still think it is my car

Anyway, am glad i sold it to the right person

Don't crash it !!!

As I said earlier, look at stronger braking before you do anything else.

Glad you are pleased but your mother must be cursing me!
Mom came to know that I had changed the pipe as the redoxide smell was more, another best thing my dogs made her realize that, as they were sniffing the car.

She knows that I would be doing some or the other thing to car, another the best part is fog lights and the Mugen front grill has arrived need to check for the best time and get it installed.
Old 3rd August 2008, 18:57   #125
BHPian

Cool

Finally, muffler arrived from the home town of HONDA, it’s already installed on my car. The sound and the performance is awesome, I have just driven the car 80 Kms after the installation.

Sorry for the poor quality of snaps.
Attached Images

Old 4th August 2008, 08:11   #126
Team-BHP Support

Hey vinay, when can we see the car? Me, especially have lot of fond memories.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 05:52   #127
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Hey vinay, when can we see the car? Me, especially have lot of fond memories.

@ Rudra: My weekly offs for this month is Tuesday and Wednesday, this week I am bit busy next week we can meet up, by then I can even get the new lights from UK to my stallion, already its on its way to India

Last edited by vinayvtec : 5th August 2008 at 05:55.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:03   #128
Team-BHP Support

BTW - you already has Osram Silverstar lamps fitted in the headlights
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 13:22   #129
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
BTW - you already has Osram Silverstar lamps fitted in the headlights

Ajit with you, but I am not able to drive in highway and in rain as its 55/60, people who come in opposite direction will not switch to low beam even if I signal them, they will just turn on the high beam. So I have ordered H4 Philips X-treme Power +80% bulbs which are powerful, if I turn on the high bean then the opposite person is forced to switch to low beam.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:30   #130
BHPian

Cool

It was a surprise for me and my car, after a long wait I met my buddy on Saturday, 2nd August.

After a long wait I was able to meet Nrupathy and went for a drive in his VTEC, this car will react like mercury if you push d peddle it just zooms off. It was great drive on weekend, he drove my car and gave a good reaction about the setup.. Like everyone he also advised me to go for a stand alone ECU to get the real thrill of the car.

Then came a real surprise came on my way, got a call from Shabbir it was a good news, he told muffler has come. I was like headed to his garage and there was an 800 which was getting the final touch up done for its headers, my younger brother his friend and myself were waiting. Shabbir bhai came and told finally you got the mufflers ha! I just gave a smile, It was getting late for me as scheduled to work that evening.

Shabbir, told his guys to finish the final check on the 800 and get the my babe into the garage for installation, it was about 4:50 PM, was asking Shabbir will I get the performance and the output which I am looking for (had already explained him what was I my mind and what exactly I needed when I got the under chasses pipe done), was admiring some of the best known cars that he had done in past and was asking will I get the bass like those cars at least. Finally he spoke.. told me to wait for 15 minutes and if I am not happy with the after installation performance, he told will get original one fitted and will not even charge me. I was like hmm let me wait and see

Shabbir personally installed the muffler and asked for the car key. He started the car and it was like theater effect (car was inside the garage and walls are pretty thick and close). He took the car out and parked a side and told me to take a drive, if I was not impressed by the sound and the performance then he said he would remove it. My mom called me meanwhile, so asked my brother to go for a drive and come, god it was awesome sound, this muffler give us 3 different type of sound our driving style, for a minute I remembered fast and furious ( when the van diesel comes with his gang for drag, first one).

Till the time you push d peddle to metal its one kind of sound, once you release it will be a different one and it keeps reducing every time break in applied in a long stretch. The humming sound is cool, we can make out for 100 feet that there is some thing special coming if you are driving fast, if you slow then it’s as soundless as stock vehicle.

I am very happy as this muffler is specially customized to my car and even the people who did this, offered if I need engraving on the muffler, but I have not got it done as off now.
Attached Images

Old 5th August 2008, 13:42   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Ajit with you, but I am not able to drive in highway and in rain as its 55/60, people who come in opposite direction will not switch to low beam even if I signal them, they will just turn on the high beam. So I have ordered H4 Philips X-treme Power +80% bulbs which are powerful, if I turn on the high bean then the opposite person is forced to switch to low beam.
I doubt it, the headlight design is simply not good enough compared to some other cars. Your best bet is to pop in a new relay & move to 100/90 bulbs. But even then a car like the Santro on 60/55 has miles better illumination simply because of better headlight design.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 14:01   #132
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I doubt it, the headlight design is simply not good enough compared to some other cars. Your best bet is to pop in a new relay & move to 100/90 bulbs. But even then a car like the Santro on 60/55 has miles better illumination simply because of better headlight design.
Okay guys let me tell you the truth; I am in contact with Lumen Automotive Co. Hong Kong. I have already spoken to a business manager Mr. Ma for getting a customized projection headlight for my car, just waiting for a positive response from him.

After a lot of research I ordered the H4 Philips X-treme Power +80% bulbs from UK, I have even sourced the fog lamp for the car, but I am not able to go and get it installed. I am trying a lot of things to maintain the originality and get the best out of Vtec. If some one knows about the Type Z club in Philippines or Thailand please let me know, they have many more options.

Sorry for the typo error its 60/55.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:00   #133
BHPian

well me and vinay met up last evening and i got to inspect the muffler personally . the fit and finish is awesome looks amazing ! the car now makes an awesome humm at idel and when u jab the throttle it returns u with a heavenly note . really nice sounding car . now i want that sound in my car . any ways congrats dude awesomw ride , drive safe .

p.s- sorry couldnt resist the sound soo opend her up . hope u not pissed at me ?
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 15:05   #134
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
well me and vinay met up last evening and i got to inspect the muffler personally . the fit and finish is awesome looks amazing ! the car now makes an awesome humm at idel and when u jab the throttle it returns u with a heavenly note . really nice sounding car . now i want that sound in my car . any ways congrats dude awesomw ride , drive safe .

p.s- sorry couldnt resist the sound soo opend her up . hope u not pissed at me ?
Once the standalone takes the control it will even sound better and yes I noticed you pushing the car to get the sound. I think it will not look fair if I tell I dint get pissed off , as I have a huge throttle body we need to push the peddle slowly so you get the best out of my car, as its currently controlled by stock ECU.

To get a better result you need to drive in a long stretch with limited speed. I am looking at WOW factor and the performance part. I hope god will bless me with some Vitamin “M” so that I can make it the best VTEC .
Old 12th September 2008, 09:49   #135
BHPian

I got my lady insured yesterday, the old one was valid till 27th September, but I did not have time to wait till that data so finally went and got her insured from TATA AIG yesterday.
I have insured her for 6L, there was one goof up in RC book the RTO guys have mentioned the vehicle as Honda City 1.3 when the car was registered, even I had not noticed that, but buddy in AIG noticed it and told me to get it corrected, but the insurance has been taken for Honda 1.5 VTEC. Need to catch hold my RTO guy for getting it corrected on the RC book.