Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th November 2004, 04:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]infact i just got back from ikon-ing around town.....
Rehaan, i thought you were in the US!!! Unless, your friend took his Ikon to the US. Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Everytime i drive my friends ikon i have this urge to rip his stock tires off and take the wheels&tires off my car and put it on the ikon
Dont mind pal, but everytime i drive your accent, i feel like ripping the car off those wheels and placing my Vtec on them.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 11:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Nov. 18 2004,01:33)]Dont mind pal, but everytime i drive your accent, i feel like ripping the car off those wheels...
You did that in Mahabaleshwar...didint u??
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 11:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Nov. 18 2004,01:33)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]infact i just got back from ikon-ing around town.....
Rehaan, i thought you were in the US!!! Unless, your friend took his Ikon to the US. Hehe
Lol dude,

That was posted on September 2nd !!
Youve been away from TBHP a long time!
Im back in college now....

Its really time you Vtec boys upgrade to some better rubber so you can keep up with me on the twisties :P

cheers
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2004, 17:39   #34
Team-BHP Support

the best part of the ikon is the low down grunt coupled with the short geared box that makes the so tractable and fun be it highway or confines of city,the more you drive the more you get addicted,but ford needs to fix the noisy supension.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 12:53   #35

Hey!

I drive a one year old ZXI ikon. I love it's responsiveness and handling. I haven't yet got any modifications done on it. And for the first time today, I felt the braking to be a tad shady. Any suggestions on how to beef it up?

Mouli
Mouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 15:44   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

great review nc.damn i miss my 1.6 .i had it for close to 2yrs and logged in 71k kms.and was she a hoot to drive .the low end gunt is just amazing.ya the brakes are nothing to talk about but with taht power and handling characteristics i can forgive ford.and the rear seat is the best in the business.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 00:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

NC any updates on the car?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 17:23   #38
BHPian

Most people seems to love Ikon's handling and responsive characteristics. So do I. But its frustrating when the brakes are so poor. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide feedback on how to improve the brakes. It gives me plenty of hair raising moments.
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 11:20   #39
BHPian

I love my Ford Ikon points as put down by other friends amazing responsive and handling capcity.... I just love teh car when i have some good road with twista nd turns the car just glides.... with easy.

but on the contarary brakes ..... & suspension if this is tweaked for good , nothing to beat this best in class drivers car...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 11:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Most people seems to love Ikon's handling and responsive characteristics. So do I. But its frustrating when the brakes are so poor. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide feedback on how to improve the brakes. It gives me plenty of hair raising moments.
Brakes infact is a problem in the Ikon. It is much much better if you could change your stock tyres which is the MRF ZVTS. I had a lot of issues while braking (it gives a gruntling noise when i brake) and did visit the workshop often. I did change the brake pad and replaced the stock tyres with Pirelli and the problem was just gone! But the wheel lock issue is still there and it has reduced to a considerable level.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 11:49   #41
BHPian

Cool Pirelli is good, how much did they cost ? I heard of Michelin XM1 as very neat one...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 12:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Cool Pirelli is good, how much did they cost ? I heard of Michelin XM1 as very neat one...
I bought the Pirelli P6000 for 2600/-. Bought it directly from the Pirelli India who have their office in Vodadora. They couriered the tyres to Bangalore.

I dint try the Michelins. But i bought Pirelli for a crazy reason. You know the Ferrari cars come with the Pirelli tyres as stock.

But the tyres are too good and it offers superb road grip in wet/dry conditions and its less noisy too.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 12:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

The poor braking of stock cars are a common issue for most cars.The stock tyres are often hard compound ones which does not aid in good braking.It is always adviced to change to a better tyre option if you are a agressive driver.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 14:29   #44
BHPian

Thanks for the tips on brakes guys. Does any ikon owners feels the rear brakes are too weak? I understand brakes are baised towards the front, but I feel ford seems to have over done it or maybe some thing's wrong with my car. My rear wheels never locks even if I floor the brakes. Its working alright, just that its pretty weak. Most cars without ABS will lock all wheels when brake hard. My car feels as though only the front is braking, front tyres squeals even under normal braking. Thought if rear could be improved, it might help. All These never happens in maruti gypsy. Any input? and yes I understand better tyres will defenitely improve braking. But my question is brakes and not tyres.
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 01:21   #45
BHPian

Well I don't think we can do anything about the poor braking system of Ford Ikon, as I have tried fixing them up at an authorized ford service center and the only reply I got was, change the brake pads, liners etc etc and I did try all sort of the things as they suggested me to do but I didn't see any improvement in my 1.6 Zxi but felt a mild heart attack when I saw the bill ...and I guess as suggested by other member, I will try to change the tyres and see if it makes a difference......
1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote