| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|23rd October 2007, 18:05||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked: 9 Times
Zen Lxi - 2005 - 9 months usage
Bought a Zen Lxi through Maruti true value in Feb 2007.
It had done 4756 kms at the time of delivery.
Over a period of 9 months, I did about 9k kms.
Add ons .
1. Free Flow exhaust by Raj Hingorani. Sat the whole day with the mechanic watching the exhaust being crafted and its amazing.
2. NGK iridium plugs. Each cost me Rs. 750. (to give a comparison. Ordinary plugs cost Rs. 150). Bought this at Hot Tracks, Residency road.
3. K & N (OE) air filter - Rs. 3125.
4. Tubeless tyres. 155/70 Goodyear GT3.
5. 100/90W Philips Halogen bulbs.
6. Sony CDX GT 460U music system with front USB port.
Had been on three trips
1. Kodaikanal - Covered the distance in 6 hours. Touched a top speed of 130kmph. It is scary since the car is light weight and though it could go more, stopping at those speeds in case of an emergency is also something to be thought of.
3. Kotagiri, Coonoor, Ooty.
1. Lightweight, free revving, slick gear box.
2. pleasure to drive in city
1. Suspension not good enough for long drives
2. Braking is to be improved.
Overall had a pleasant experience with the car for 9 months. Sold this and bought a Swift VDI (the long trip report has been posted a little earlier).
Used Castrol Magnatec oil in this car.
I also have a esteem vx (carb) 1998 model.
Have used Castrol Edge oil in this. MRP for this oil is around Rs. 600 a litre. Got this for about Rs. 450 per litre in Metro.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Zen LXi 2005, 40k km||libranof1987||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||3||6th October 2010 15:29|
|Hyundai i10 ERA or WagonR LXi or ZEN Estillo LXi||SumitBahl||Hatchbacks||41||12th September 2010 00:41|
|Coolant Turns in to Water after 3 Months of Non-Usage||johnruben||Technical Stuff||7||24th June 2010 19:35|
|2005 Feb Zen Lxi for sale||BlackPearl||Shifting gears||8||31st December 2007 19:48|
|Maruti Zen Lxi 2005 BS III for sale||superavi||Shifting gears||1||20th September 2006 07:37|