Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd December 2010, 12:25   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My 60K service

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
He has mentioned if it was not a normal wear and tear, he would have replaced it himself without any issue. This will not be accepted by Maruti hence he is not replacinng as per the SA.
Folks, please advice
I here have to agree with the SAs assessment fully. Wear and tear of parts are not covered under warranty. If they were covered then the logic also extends to Brake pads/clutch etc.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:06   #1637
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Any pointers for the possible reason for this situation?
Battery being weak most probably
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:12   #1638
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Battery being weak most probably
That could be one of the reasons, but the car cranks on in first self, never I had to use the self again till date. Faulty Electricals?
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:44   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it safe to drive with car with service and water in diesel light on? The MASS is around 5 km from my place or I should call them to take the car? The car turns on normally and drives around normally.
The water in diesel light is on due to 2 reasons - faulty sensor or there is indeed a lot of water in the diesel filter. For both these issues please take the car to MASS and have them checked it is a 10 min process to get the water out of the diesel filter. You can drive with this perticular warning light for some distance no isses.
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:36   #1640
BHPian

The car is acting strange! Came back from office, switched on the Ignition, Water in diesel light goes off as scheduled but the Service Light doesn’t, cranked the car, the car starts in first self and the Service light goes off too. The car has traveled 194km since last refill of the diesel.
I just can’t understand what is happening. The service light doesn’t goes off but when I crank the Ignition, it goes off.

Last edited by Gill : 23rd December 2010 at 19:39.
Old 24th December 2010, 10:03   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Gill - You need not panic. There is some error code logged in the ECU which need to be cleared. Get the car to the service center and they will resolve this issue in a jify.
Old 24th December 2010, 12:51   #1642
Team-BHP Support

- It has error code in its ECU, thats why light is going off only after cranking.
- This happened either due to the water in the filter, which generally would not go out if it is the case. Or likely the battery is slowly reaching end of its life span, the cranking is not the right indication that battery is in good shape. So get it checked at any battery shop.

ECU of swift D is super sensitive and it gives an early notice with all this xmas lights shine
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 21:25   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is acting strange! Came back from office, switched on the Ignition, Water in diesel light goes off as scheduled but the Service Light doesnít, cranked the car, the car starts in first self and the Service light goes off too. The car has traveled 194km since last refill of the diesel.
I just canít understand what is happening. The service light doesnít goes off but when I crank the Ignition, it goes off.
this happened to me too last month,its the problem with diesel pump sensor.
it can be rectified by resetting the code ,even after that if its on then sensor has to changed.

it will cost 1500
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2010, 00:50   #1644
BHPian

Thanks for the help guys. Took the car to MASS, the issue was resolved in 2 mins, it was water in diesel code, they reset the code the light goes off now. I will check the battery as well. MASS told me if the light comes again then they need to check and if required, the Filter/Sensor need to be replaced.
Cheers!
Old 25th December 2010, 10:43   #1645
BHPian

Default Re: My 60K service

All
Update on the warranty issue.
I have called Maruti Customer Care and filed an compliant. With in next 30 mins I got a call from Mandovi Motors. I have informed them that I will meet them in the evening as I had to change the Diesel Filter also.

Evening visited them, shown them the booklet which mentioned about the suspension is covered under warrnaty for 60K Kms. They have told it is for Arms, springs and not for rubber parts like bush. If it is just changing bush then it costs only couple of hundread Rs only. Works manager has asked SA why are you saying 5-6K for bush change. Then he told we might need to change the lower arm etc.

In the mean time they found out that the warranty for my car is only 3 years as per DMS.

Then they have spoken to regional terr. manager from Maruti and got his confirmation to change this under warranty.

Now Mandovi has told me that they can change the parts under warranty however there are 2 issues. One my car is already 59950 kms run and this should not run 60K to replace under warranty. 2 - the DMS has to reflect the 4th year warranty.

Now I have called RNS hosur road where I bought the 4th year warranty in their system it was showing 4th year warranty.

After speaking to multiple people in RNS and in turn they spoke to works manager at mandovi, that night it ended with RNS has to talk to Maruti about this issue tomorrow morning.

Left my vehicle at Mandovi, by this time I have spent nearly 2 hours in the service station for this issue

In the mean time I have called Maruti also as I was not happy with RNS and the way they responded to me and the way they passed issue from one person to another person.

Friday morning, called again to RNS, they have told they will speak to Maruti around 10 AM and they will get back. Got a call around 11 saying they have spoken to Maruti and told me that there will be an email sent to Mandovi and they got the works manager number from me.

Works manager called me around 2 PM informed me that they got an email from Maruti confirming 4th year warranty and some issue with system which will be resolved today tomorrow and they will start the work.

In the whole process I could see how serious about customer satisfaction is Maruti and their dealers.

I really impressed with Mandovi's service standards. SA, works manager are awsome and they are very prompt and to the point and very helpful. At the same time I was not happy with RNS for not taking ownership on resolving the issue and trying to pass the issue from one to another and not so welcoming the problem which I raised. They were not very cordial when I complained about this issue and not accepting it as a problem.

Sorry @Jaggu - I know you love RNS but my experience is not great.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2010, 17:37   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Nope but i shall do that check soon, thank you
Hi Jaggu,

Did you get a chance to checkout ORR Pratham motors ? Im also looking for a cabin air filter as the air quality nowadays is subdued.

Ravi
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 10:58   #1647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Sorry @Jaggu - I know you love RNS but my experience is not great.
who said, i used to. Their approach was becoming pathetic and i shifted as soon as my SA Sachin left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Did you get a chance to checkout ORR Pratham motors ? Im also looking for a cabin air filter as the air quality nowadays is subdued.

Ravi
Nope, was lil busy last weekend. Hopefully will do this on Friday. Will keep you updated here.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 09:26   #1648
BHPian

Recommendations for the replacement battery! I have decided to replace the battery as the OEM is almost on the end of life.
Amron Pro seems quite expensive, what about Base Terminal?
Old 29th December 2010, 10:14   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recommendations for the replacement battery! I have decided to replace the battery as the OEM is almost on the end of life.
Amron Pro seems quite expensive, what about Base Terminal?
I am using Base terminal battery for my Siwft D for last 4 months and no issues so far. Good VFM 50% cheaper than Amaron of same rating. Also comes with 2+2 years warranty.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:27   #1650
BHPian

I too am using Base Terminal since July 2019 bought it for 6000\- and no issues so far, there is no point paying double the money and getting double warranty. It works out the same. And Base Terminal is from National Panasonic which is no smaller a company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I am using Base terminal battery for my Siwft D for last 4 months and no issues so far. Good VFM 50% cheaper than Amaron of same rating. Also comes with 2+2 years warranty.
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote