Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 13:30   #1651
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

I too am using BT, but its only been a couple of months so too early to comment. But took a risk since it costs only 60% of the Amaron cost.
Old 29th December 2010, 20:04   #1652
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II-46,000 kms Update Pag

Thanks for recommendations, I bought Amaron Pro 74DIN for 7500 Rs. Base Terminal was available for Rs5800 (66DIN variant),I checked Base Terminal packing, it wasn’t mentioned anywhere about National Panasonic, it’s manufactured in Nalagarh (HP) and marketed by someone else located in Bangalore.
Sorted out the Caliper issues as well, it took around 2 hrs, got it done as suggested by fellow member. Changed the Wipers and Horn to BOSCH, they do clean better then OEM Wipers.
Old 29th December 2010, 21:44   #1653
BHPian

OE battery in my swift lasted 2 years and 1 month. Brought Base Terminal DIN74 for 5300 after exchanging old battery.
Old 4th January 2011, 19:27   #1654
BHPian

Re: My 60K service

Atlast I got my car back with the suspension issue fixed in warranty. Hopefully I need not to worry about this for another 60K kms atleast.
Old 4th January 2011, 19:42   #1655
Team-BHP Support

That is good news, what all were done? I have a feeling i will need to attend to something similar this service
Old 4th January 2011, 20:40   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Atlast I got my car back with the suspension issue fixed in warranty. Hopefully I need not to worry about this for another 60K kms atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
That is good news, what all were done? I have a feeling i will need to attend to something similar this service
+1. blorebuddy, kindly list the items done under warranty.

Jaggu bhai: How many kms has your swift run now?

BTW is there anything specific about the suspension to be checked during service? Everytime I do tell them to check the suspension and torque the same. When I ask them on the suspension bit, they say everything is fine and no issues. I even doubt whether they do a proper inspection sometimes.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:43   #1657
Team-BHP Support

Mine is touching 50k and is more of regular wear and tear. Need to thoroughly check the suspension parts like lower arm, tie ends, bushes etc Only issue most of these parts needs to be removed and inspected and hence the workshops try to avoid it as much as possible.

Otherwise re-torquing all these parts is good enough and generally is part of standard check list during service.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:31   #1658
BHPian

Sorry I do not have the invoice with me however as I remember it is bushes, Lower Arm and Tie End. Tie End was not available hence there was a delay of one more day. I am wondering why there is a scarity of spares. During the 60 K service Diesel Filter was not there.
Old 10th January 2011, 23:28   #1659
BHPian

Got my car back from 20k servicing yesterday. Costed 5k including the following :
- Diesel filter change
- Oil Filter change
- Engine Flush
- Drum / Disc cleaning
- Coolant change
- Gear Oil Change
- Radiator Flush

Used Mobil 1 Fully synthetic 5w-40 oil this time & didn't change the air filter.

Since the servicing I feel the turbo to be missing, what do I need to check to find the cause ?
Old 11th January 2011, 09:32   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Got my car back from 20k servicing yesterday. Costed 5k including the following :
- Diesel filter change
- Oil Filter change
- Engine Flush
- Drum / Disc cleaning
- Coolant change
- Gear Oil Change
- Radiator Flush

Used Mobil 1 Fully synthetic 5w-40 oil this time & didn't change the air filter.

Since the servicing I feel the turbo to be missing, what do I need to check to find the cause ?
Could you give the brakeup of the parts and labour. My 20 k servicing at vitesse prabhadevi cost me 8K that too with mineral oil

Last edited by goandude : 11th January 2011 at 09:34.
Old 11th January 2011, 10:03   #1661
BHPian

Quote:

Lesser pickup may be because of air filter.
Often times service folks say that it "looks" good, but 20K is recommended level to change air filter. You will see noticeable change in pickup on change of air filter
Old 11th January 2011, 19:49   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Could you give the brakeup of the parts and labour. My 20 k servicing at vitesse prabhadevi cost me 8K that too with mineral oil
Diesel Filter - 1070
Oil Filter - 334
Gear Oil - 811
Coolant - 417
Brake Fluid - 68
Engine Oil Flush - 674
Gear Oil Additive - 435
Radiator Flush - 411
Disc/ Drum Brake Cleaning (labour) - 250 + 250
Other Labour - 180

Engine Oil - 3900 (4L can)
Old 11th January 2011, 22:08   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
MikilBhatkar, A couple of queries:
1. Any reason for the engine flush at 20K?
2. Why was the air filter was not changed as it is supposed to be changed every 20K and generally a clogged air filter is one of the reasons for people to miss the turbo whoosh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Goandude, can you pls share your breakup as it is surely on the higher side. Till date all my services have been done at Vitesse but it has never gone beyond 5.5K
Old 11th January 2011, 22:12   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu and others,
I needed some advise from you guys, my car meet with an accident recently and is being worked upon in the workshop right now , my car has covered around 9k till now and my 3rd servicing is due in next month or when it touches 10k, but when i checked the engine oil level before giving the car for repairs , it was almost in min level.

So , wanted to know , should i get my 3rd servcing done along with the repairs or just get the oil topped up.Please advise , so that i can advise my SA to do accordingly .

The reason why im confused is because im planing to travel around 400 -500 kms with my family this month end, so i dont want any hassle while travelling, so kindly advise .

Cheers
Old 11th January 2011, 22:25   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Jaggu and others,
I needed some advise from you guys, my car meet with an accident recently and is being worked upon in the workshop right now , my car has covered around 9k till now and my 3rd servicing is due in next month or when it touches 10k, but when i checked the engine oil level before giving the car for repairs , it was almost in min level.

So , wanted to know , should i get my 3rd servcing done along with the repairs or just get the oil topped up.Please advise , so that i can advise my SA to do accordingly .

The reason why im confused is because im planing to travel around 400 -500 kms with my family this month end, so i dont want any hassle while travelling, so kindly advise .

Cheers
I would suggest you get the service also done bcos you are going to travel out. Also do keep a very close eye on your oil level. These have been cases of swift diesel drinking more oil than recommended.

Hence once serviced do check the oil and keep monitoring it every fortnight just to be on the safer side.

Cheers
f1fan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks