Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 21:03   #1816
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 334 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
My swift's battery is weak. i just checked the voltages and it is showing 12.1. I have been noticing that i have to hold key lil more to start the car hence extra load on starter motor i guess.
My swift has done 37500 Kms. SA told me that change in next service(40K). It wont be a problem for running couple of thousands KMs in city. MASS Quoting me 8900 Rs for Exide. OEM battery lasted for say around 2.5 years for me. but I am also running carputer and ICE.
Which is the best battery available ? Amaron ? or should i go with MASS ?


MASS is charging you an arm & a leg for the battery. My diesel Merc battery cost me 4600/- as did the Pajero's Both Amarons

No 2nd thoughts jsut go with Amaron with your eyes closed & you will be happy with it for the next 3-4 years, at lesser price.



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 22:35   #1817
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,076
Thanked: 5,910 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

75 DIN Amaron is about 8 to 8.5k depending on discount. 5 years of peace of mind, unless you see a christmas tree on the dashboard dont bother. The usual give away, the tell tale lights stay lit up even after cranking.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 00:10   #1818
BHPian
 
nisarg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 391
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Thanx for input guys. I am not seeing any diesel filter light yet on cosole yet.
bdw. I have just changed the brake pads today . OEM lasted for 37600 KMS. paid 2000(1360 brake pads + 400 Labour + 50 grease+ Taxes)
Mech. told me same thing unless you see Diesel Filter light on console dont bother.
But i am just worried about my starter motor. wont it put extra load ? I might just run current battery till next service(40K). I will inquire about 75 DIN amaron price.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 16:08   #1819
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 382
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Guys today enquired about Amaron 75 DIN .The final price quoted was 7400Rs after discount and exchange of old battery for Rs.500. For the last two days I am seeing the diesel filter light and SVS light glow permanently. My car has completed 45K Kms. Does not have any heavy ice setup. How come the battery gone kaput so early?
Cheers
Dilipkumar
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 16:12   #1820
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 604
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

^^3-4 years of battery life is quite normal.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 21:29   #1821
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,076
Thanked: 5,910 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

@dilip price is good, go for it and swift OE battery is totally unreliable after 3 years. Hope the new Amaron gives better service.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 21:48   #1822
BHPian
 
vaibzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Folks, I have an issue.
I place a ganesh idol on the dashboard like many people do. It accidently fell into the AC vents(just below the windshield). I asked the SA to remove it and he quoted 900 bucks for it, saying that they need to remove the whole dashboard. He also said to me not to worry as it won't give any problems. Is it true?

Secondly, I'm getting a funny smell when only the blower is on from the past few days. I'm thinking of getting the AC vents cleaned and along with that, get the idol removed. So how much should they typically charge for all this?

Please advise.
Thanks!
vaibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 00:03   #1823
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 5,869 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys today enquired about Amaron 75 DIN .The final price quoted was 7400Rs after discount and exchange of old battery for Rs.500. For the last two days I am seeing the diesel filter light and SVS light glow permanently. My car has completed 45K Kms. Does not have any heavy ice setup. How come the battery gone kaput so early?
Cheers
Dilipkumar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@dilip price is good, go for it and swift OE battery is totally unreliable after 3 years. Hope the new Amaron gives better service.
Jaggu, is the battery going to last based on time period? I thought its based on the usage! Also what does the battery power has to do with the Diesel filter light been on? I had mine on for some time and when I went for the check, they said its conked off and charged 1200/- since this is not covered in the extended warranty !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Folks, I have an issue.
I place a ganesh idol on the dashboard like many people do. It accidently fell into the AC vents(just below the windshield). I asked the SA to remove it and he quoted 900 bucks for it, saying that they need to remove the whole dashboard. He also said to me not to worry as it won't give any problems. Is it true?

Secondly, I'm getting a funny smell when only the blower is on from the past few days. I'm thinking of getting the AC vents cleaned and along with that, get the idol removed. So how much should they typically charge for all this?

Please advise.
Thanks!
I dont think the foul smell is due to the idol fallen inside or because of the A/C vents !! I have this problem at times and have seen some other swift owners also reporting this issue. MASS will charge it heavy for removing the console and all. If you have a VERY trust worthy A$$, take the car there and they will have it done for atleast 50% of what MASS quoted.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 20:07   #1824
BHPian
 
vaibzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I dont think the foul smell is due to the idol fallen inside or because of the A/C vents !! I have this problem at times and have seen some other swift owners also reporting this issue. MASS will charge it heavy for removing the console and all. If you have a VERY trust worthy A$$, take the car there and they will have it done for atleast 50% of what MASS quoted.
Thanks for the reply swiftnfurious! With regard to the blower issue, I guess after the idol fell into the AC vent, I got paranoid about it and thought the smell was because of that . But the blower smell sucks big time though! Anyway, I'll head over to MASS tomorrow fully prepared to expect a bombshell from the SA .
vaibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 22:21   #1825
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Try to look under and identify the source of the leak, if you are not sure take some pictures then we can guide you. Black smoke under heavy acceleration is normal if you are predominantly driving in city. Try to raise the revs once in a while to clear off all the soot in the exhaust pipe and then check.
Hey,was not is station and could not reply. My wife got the car serviced in my absence and after the engine oil change and stuff the leak has stopped.

About the Black smoke, i did some hard revving and there was lot of smoke, but then it reduced.

The Swift is used by my wife now, and she does very less driving of around 4 5-8 kms a day at very low speeds ranging from 30-40 kmph only for local home stuff, I guess thats the reason for the black smoke like you said Jaggu.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 23:37   #1826
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,076
Thanked: 5,910 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Jaggu, is the battery going to last based on time period? I thought its based on the usage! Also what does the battery power has to do with the Diesel filter light been on? I had mine on for some time and when I went for the check, they said its conked off and charged 1200/- since this is not covered in the extended warranty !!
My car was running more than enough, but one fine morning i saw the diesel sedimenter light glowing and staying ON. So there is no particular logic to it, only thing i could think of was the stupid Exide QC. The water in diesel aka sedimenter light staying On has more to do with low voltage from the battery playing up and confusing ECU. My guess. But this is the definite sign of a weak battery as reported by many and experienced by me. In my case two cells were weak when this happened.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 19:44   #1827
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: thane
Posts: 741
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Thanx for input guys. I am not seeing any diesel filter light yet on cosole yet.
bdw. I have just changed the brake pads today . OEM lasted for 37600 KMS. paid 2000(1360 brake pads + 400 Labour + 50 grease+ Taxes)
Mech. told me same thing unless you see Diesel Filter light on console dont bother.
But i am just worried about my starter motor. wont it put extra load ? I might just run current battery till next service(40K). I will inquire about 75 DIN amaron price.
Dude my battery conked off just one month short of 2 yrs. I guess this is a problem with swift diesels.Thankfully i got a new exide under warrenty.Hope it goes another 2 yrs.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 21:07   #1828
vsh
BHPian
 
vsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sirsi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

hi
my dzire vdi has completed 80000 kms(bought in feb 2009) and due for service. MASS has said lot has to be done at 80000. he also mentioned that the turbo charger should be cleaned. please let me know what all necessary things to be done at 80000 and what might be the ideal bill amount.

thanks in advance.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 09:41   #1829
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

hi, i have been advised intercooler cleaning on 40k servicing. I have gone through the ocmplete post and no where intercooler cleaning is mentioned neither in the manual.
Did anybody get intercooler cleaning done and is it really required?
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 11:54   #1830
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
hi, i have been advised intercooler cleaning on 40k servicing. I have gone through the ocmplete post and no where intercooler cleaning is mentioned neither in the manual.
Did anybody get intercooler cleaning done and is it really required?
Intercooler cleaning is a quick and cost effective activity which is recommended always.Engine oil gets into the intercooler at times when engine oil is filled beyond a certain amount (nearing or beyond max limit). Intercooler cleaning inproves the performance of TURBO and gives you the same kick it used to give when the car was new

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
my dzire vdi has completed 80000 kms(bought in feb 2009) and due for service. MASS has said lot has to be done at 80000. he also mentioned that the turbo charger should be cleaned. please let me know what all necessary things to be done at 80000 and what might be the ideal bill amount.

thanks in advance.
I don't think Turbo Charger needs any cleaning it is the intercooler that needs to be cleaned. 80 K km servicing is similar to 20K km servicing nothing special.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Superb: The saga ends at 57000 km Hayek Long-Term Ownership Reviews 192 25th January 2017 21:19
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold ! Sunilrj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 294 10th June 2012 07:24
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30
Honda Recalls 182,756 Civics Over Wheel-Bearing Leak Ashutosh The International Automotive Scene 11 18th September 2007 11:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks