Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:57   #1846
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
i have a problem which might be related to CLUTCH. i am experiencing some sort of inner pain in my left knee since 2-3 months. it is some sort of inner pain. i dont feel any pain while driving, while pressing clutch but it surfaces simply when i walk that too only few times.
is it really related to driving(pressing clutch)? or has it to do anything with my seating position? i own a swift dzire vdi since 2 years and has completed 80000km. but self driven around 35000km. has something like this been experienced by other swift owners here? any solution?
i used to face Knee joint pain in Santro prior to swift. Now that has gone since I started using Swift D and I have driven >75000 kms on it. Maybe it is the seating position that you need to change. try multiple driver seat positions and check out.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:41   #1847
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,333
Thanked: 436 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Folks,


If they agree, can I take just 3L of Mobil and ask them to add the remaining 100 ml from Servo.
Swiftnfurious: What are the charges for InterCooler cleaning? I haven't done that till data and am planning on doing it during my upcoming service
Hey 100 ml is too little to be a problem. Even if you fill just 3 Lit there wont be a difference.
would like to know the charges for intercoler cleaning too.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:23   #1848
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

I was charged 400 rs + tax for intercooler cleaning.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:23   #1849
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yup prices have gone up, it was 220/liter earlier, last time i paid 260 or 270 for the 1 liter cans in BLR.
Finally bought 4 1L cans of Mobil Delvac Super 1300. Checked a few places and no one had Delvac MX and I didn't want to put Servo at MASS, hence settled for Delvac Super 1300. Cost was Rs 250/- for one Liter can. I knew the shopkeeper from prior purchases and hence he gave me the same for 250 and told me that the cost has increased to Rs 265/- per litre.

Man, oils are getting quite pricey off-late.

Folks, Any major difference between Mobil Delvac Super 1300 and Mobil Delvac Mx?
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:31   #1850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Finally bought 4 1L cans of Mobil Delvac Super 1300. Checked a few places and no one had Delvac MX and I didn't want to put Servo at MASS, hence settled for Delvac Super 1300. Cost was Rs 250/- for one Liter can. I knew the shopkeeper from prior purchases and hence he gave me the same for 250 and told me that the cost has increased to Rs 265/- per litre.

Man, oils are getting quite pricey off-late.

Folks, Any major difference between Mobil Delvac Super 1300 and Mobil Delvac Mx?
Isn't Delvac Super 1300 CG4? If yes, then I suggest you to get atleast a CH4 rated oil. Delvac MX is CI4, so if you cant get it, try getting Shell Rimula R4 or Elf Performance 3D. Both are 15W40 grade and CI4 rated. There is an oil from Gulf as well which is also CI4. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2296100 (All about Diesel engine oils)

Last edited by amit1234singla : 3rd May 2011 at 12:48.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:47   #1851
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Isn't Delvac Super 1300 CG4? If yes, then I suggest you to get atleast a CH4 rated oil. Delvac MX is CI4, so if you cant get it, try getting Shell Rimula R4 or Elf Performance 3D. Both are 15W40 grade and CI4 rated. There is an oil from Gulf as well which is also CI4. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2296100 (All about Diesel engine oils)
Very frankly, I am a newbie when it comes to oil. As stated, I could not find Delvac Mx and nearly all the stores recommended Devlac Super 1300 as the next best, hence bought that bcos I surely didn't want to put Servo which the MASS had.

Regarding the question about Delvac Super 1300 being CG4, I will check the oil can at home today evening and update. BTW if it is CG4, would that be a critical parameter to not use that oil bcos anyway I would be using it for only 5K Kms and would be doing another oil change post that.

Edit: Called up home and asked to check the label. Looks like the Oil is API CG4/CF4

Edit again: Just Googled for Mobil Delvac Super 1300 and saw the following description on Amazon. Does that mean that there are diff version of Mobil Delvac Super 1300?

Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 is a new, high-performance commercial engine oil that provides exceptional performance in heavy duty engine oil applications. The multigrade characteristics of Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 provides excellent cold cranking capabilities and oil pumpability at low temperatures. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 10W-30 and 15W-40 are extra high performance diesel engine oils that help extend engine life in the most severe on and off-highway applications while delivering outstanding performance in modern, high-output, low-emission engines including those with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Aftertreatment Systems with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) and Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs). Fully backwards compatible, Mobil Delvac 1300 Super will also deliver the same exceptional performance in older conventional engines. As a result, they exceed the API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS and CH-4 service categories as well as key Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) requirements for 2007 engines. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is the result of extensive cooperative development work with major OEMs and is recommended for use in a wide range of heavy duty applications and operating environments found in the trucking, mining, construction, quarrying, and agricultural industries. These products will provide outstanding protection in the most demanding diesel engines of Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Mercedes Benz, Navistar, Volvo, and others. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super also meets the API SM specification for gasoline engines and mixed fleets.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-96819-De.../dp/B000SL05CY

Last edited by f1fan : 3rd May 2011 at 13:55.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:05   #1852
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
...BTW if it is CG4, would that be a critical parameter to not use that oil bcos anyway I would be using it for only 5K Kms and would be doing another oil change post that.

Edit: Called up home and asked to check the label. Looks like the Oil is API CG4/CF4

Edit again: Just Googled for Mobil Delvac Super 1300 and saw the following description on Amazon. Does that mean that there are diff version of Mobil Delvac Super 1300?

Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 is a new, high-performance commercial engine oil that provides exceptional performance in heavy duty engine oil applications. The multigrade characteristics of Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 provides excellent cold cranking capabilities and oil pumpability at low temperatures. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 10W-30 and 15W-40 are extra high performance diesel engine oils that help extend engine life in the most severe on and off-highway applications while delivering outstanding performance in modern, high-output, low-emission engines including those with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Aftertreatment Systems with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) and Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs). Fully backwards compatible, Mobil Delvac 1300 Super will also deliver the same exceptional performance in older conventional engines. As a result, they exceed the API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS and CH-4 service categories as well as key Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) requirements for 2007 engines. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is the result of extensive cooperative development work with major OEMs and is recommended for use in a wide range of heavy duty applications and operating environments found in the trucking, mining, construction, quarrying, and agricultural industries. These products will provide outstanding protection in the most demanding diesel engines of Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Mercedes Benz, Navistar, Volvo, and others. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super also meets the API SM specification for gasoline engines and mixed fleets.

Amazon.com: Mobil 1 96819 Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 Motor Oil - 1 Gallon, Pack of 4: Automotive
Using this oil or not depends on what is the minimum rating specified in your car's service manual. I think for swift diesel it is CG4. If so, you can use this and replace after 5k. I still believe, while this oil will not cause any problem, if you can source, it will be better to use a higher rated oil like CH4 or CI4. That will offer better engine protection.

Also, please check the specs of Indian version of this oil. I think, in India, so far not a single oil is CJ4 rated. Even Delvac 1 (Indian Version) is CI4+. Please see below the specs of Super 1300 (Indian Version):

Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15W-40

Last edited by amit1234singla : 3rd May 2011 at 14:32.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:23   #1853
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,654
Thanked: 7,216 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Delvac super 1300 is specially brewed for MUL, so dont worry too much. Yes its the second best option if you want to stick with mobil minerals. MUL used to use this at the MASS's. If you stick to 5k oil change its super safe also.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:09   #1854
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,337
Thanked: 4,544 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

I also used the Super 1300 for the first 40,000 kms. Don't worry, its a good enough oil for the car
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:36   #1855
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,520
Thanked: 3,986 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Edit again: Just Googled for Mobil Delvac Super 1300 and saw the following description on Amazon. Does that mean that there are diff version of Mobil Delvac Super 1300?

Amazon.com: Mobil 1 96819 Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 Motor Oil - 1 Gallon, Pack of 4: Automotive
@f1fan, in the part you had quoted, there is nothing new or extra about the oil. It's just general description. Lots of marketing talk there.

The only things you need to check are the specifications of the oil.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 13:14   #1856
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,397
Thanked: 841 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

What is the possibility of fitting the Ritz tacho in Swift Ldi and at how much cost?

Would it be wise to get the Ritz tacho or some other aftermarket tacho instead? I wish to spend the least possible (don't we all ). What I mean is that I want a tacho which isn't tacky, not too big and cheap (but not cheap looking), possible?

Any pointers on where I could check out a few in Delhi/NCR?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 12:36   #1857
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Hi All,

my tires are up for replacement as it has done 41k kms,now which one should i go for?

1-michellin
2- bridgestone
3 - goodyear
4 - Apollo

and 185/65/R14 or 185/70/R14????
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 13:14   #1858
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 673 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 is a new, high-performance commercial engine oil that provides exceptional performance in heavy duty engine oil applications. The multigrade characteristics of Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 provides excellent cold cranking capabilities and oil pumpability at low temperatures. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 10W-30 and 15W-40 are extra high performance diesel engine oils that help extend engine life in the most severe on and off-highway applications while delivering outstanding performance in modern, high-output, low-emission engines including those with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Aftertreatment Systems with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) and Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs).
Can someone please educate me on how an engine oil is affected by an Exhaust Gas recirculation system, diesel particulate filters, diesel oxidation catalysts etc....? I always thought the engine oil is merely lubricating the engine components, while these other components are outside the engine. What am I missing?
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 17:06   #1859
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,654
Thanked: 7,216 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
1-michellin
2- bridgestone
3 - goodyear
4 - Apollo

and 185/65/R14 or 185/70/R14????
Model of each of the above makes please. 185/70/14 please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Can someone please educate me on how an engine oil is affected by an Exhaust Gas recirculation system, diesel particulate filters, diesel oxidation catalysts etc....? I always thought the engine oil is merely lubricating the engine components, while these other components are outside the engine. What am I missing?
Basically vehicles with EGR blah blah puts more load on the lubricant to do the clean up job and hence has to have better detergent effect etc. That is all. Yes they might not be having oil circulation, but since they do have an impact on the engine as a system
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 22:43   #1860
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,337
Thanked: 4,544 Times
Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Planning to get all 4 shockers for the swift changed day after at 1,00,000 kms.

Anything else that needs attention at this mileage, apart from the normal fluids and filter changes ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Superb: The saga ends at 57000 km Hayek Long-Term Ownership Reviews 192 25th January 2017 21:19
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold ! Sunilrj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 294 10th June 2012 07:24
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30
Honda Recalls 182,756 Civics Over Wheel-Bearing Leak Ashutosh The International Automotive Scene 11 18th September 2007 11:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks