Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th May 2011, 21:14   #1906
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What is the possibility of fitting the Ritz tacho in Swift Ldi and at how much cost?

Would it be wise to get the Ritz tacho or some other aftermarket tacho instead? I wish to spend the least possible (don't we all ). What I mean is that I want a tacho which isn't tacky, not too big and cheap (but not cheap looking), possible?

Any pointers on where I could check out a few in Delhi/NCR?

hey, even i am looking for an answer to this question

Is it really possible to fit a Ritz tacho on Swift LDI
Nash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 00:33   #1907
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Checked today by fixing a "good" battery - the battery is the culprit .

Here in Kolkata Amaron dealer is quoting me Rs.6.4 K for 65DIN battery after all discount. From the rate Nisarg has posted I think I'm being taken for a ride.
Can anybody else confirm the rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Mine was 11.6 when Amaron guy checked it and when I crancked it was 9.2 :( So its battery issue. But 5-6 seconds is too much. Even with weak battery i have currently car starts in max 3 seconds max.
Archat. Take it to the MASS and check the starter motor.
@Jaggu. Hmm so Fitting 74 din wont help for car-pc and AMP. and i am saving around 5000 Rs. If I go for DIN65 Amaron.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 00:45   #1908
BHPian

Yes archat. bargain little bit. and also check out other Amaron dealer. AFAIK 6300 is the MRP. for 65DIN. 6400 after deducting your old battery price ?

OT- Are you the same archat ? TE ?
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 00:48   #1909
BHPian

^^ will check a few more dealers.
And yes I'm the same and you are cisco_tech right ?
Old 29th May 2011, 02:54   #1910
Senior - BHPian

I just dropped my swift fir 40K service. For EGR cleaning the service engineer is quoting close to 3.5K. He has the EGR Servicing will include replacing clamps, cleaning the complete cycle of EGR which includes from the intake to the exhaust and hence they cost.

I am not exactly sure about it. Can you guys confirm if the charges to clean and service EGR would be 3.5K which includes clamp replacement as well as compete cleaning including till exhaust.

Please do confirm as soon as you can so I can ask the SA to stop EGR and question the cost.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 11:29   #1911
Team-BHP Support

Clamp replacement means he knows what he is talking about, in my car service center faced a good deal of headache trying to put old clamp and finally put in a new.

Your quote seems to include intercooler cleaning also. And if the actual bill is going to be 1500-2000 its pretty reasonable.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:26   #1912
BHPian

Came back after a long drive over the weekend through some heavy rains and noticed fair bit of water in the right headlight assembly. Took it to MASS today morning and they have agreed to change the assembly under warranty. They have no clue why this is happening. I am using 100/90 halogens with relay setup. Can this be a possible cause for the damage?
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 21:31   #1913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
]I am using 100/90 halogens with relay setup.
Unless the relay is wired stupidly, by piercing the HL assembly, there should not be a problem. However, a pierced HL Assembly would void the warranty so clearly that should not be the case.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 21:42   #1914
BHPian

Most probably when you changed the bulbs the rubber cover over the HL socket was not fixed properly. So, some water leaked. Also the sealant between the reflector and clear lens may have got weak somewhere - resulting in water leak.
Its good you got it replaced under warranty - else removing the HL assembly and drying it using compressed air and applying silicone sealant around the reflector and lens joint gives you a cure.
Quote:
Came back after a long drive over the weekend through some heavy rains and noticed fair bit of water in the right headlight assembly. Took it to MASS today morning and they have agreed to change the assembly under warranty. They have no clue why this is happening. I am using 100/90 halogens with relay setup. Can this be a possible cause for the damage?
Old 31st May 2011, 09:50   #1915
BHPian

Hi Archat,
They did check the rubber cover and it was fixed properly. Looks like the problem is with the sealant. They did not mention the option of drying using compressed air. As the HL assembly was out of stock I could not replace it yesterday. Need to take it to MASS today or tomorrow to get it done.

Hi Dhanush,
There are no piercing in the HL assembly. MASS did take a close look at the relay setup before agreeing to replace under warranty
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 21:28   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
There are no piercing in the HL assembly. MASS did take a close look at the relay setup before agreeing to replace under warranty
I would say that you are lucky that it is being replaced under warranty. Most manufacturers look at ways to void warranty and would be happy to point to your after market relay fittment and void the same.

Cheers to Maruti!!
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 21:42   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Had gone today to MASS (cars india) to check the vibration from silencer and got it fixed.in the mean while one of the wheel cover broke and fell off somewhere.SA said it will cost 400 each,is it possible to get it outside for cheaper rate?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 21:51   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Had gone today to MASS (cars india) to check the vibration from silencer and got it fixed.in the mean while one of the wheel cover broke and fell off somewhere.SA said it will cost 400 each,is it possible to get it outside for cheaper rate?
Yup, you can buy locally but the local ones that I have generally seen in Mumbai look absolutely the same design wise but the logo is generally missing from the center of the wheelcap.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:59   #1919
Distinguished - BHPian

Gave the car for 25k service. A bit expensive one. Here are the details:

Parts
1) Hose - 51.84 (2 Nos)
2) Blade Assy, Wiper - 419.46
3) Support Comp Front Strut - 165.18 (2 Nos)

Labor
1) Paid Service - 800
2) Brakes Overhaul (Complete) - 480
3) Front Strut Both side R&R - 450
4) Front Suspension Arm both side R&R - 320
5) Front Stabilizer Bar R&R - 320
6) Consumables - 120

Total - 3500/-

Freebies
1) Front left shocks - Had to replace them (waiting for new sets)
2) AC checkup. AC works really well now
3) Clutch overhaul
4) Water wash (the usual result)
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:15   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I just dropped my swift fir 40K service. For EGR cleaning the service engineer is quoting close to 3.5K. He has the EGR Servicing will include replacing clamps, cleaning the complete cycle of EGR which includes from the intake to the exhaust and hence they cost.

I am not exactly sure about it. Can you guys confirm if the charges to clean and service EGR would be 3.5K which includes clamp replacement as well as compete cleaning including till exhaust.

Please do confirm as soon as you can so I can ask the SA to stop EGR and question the cost.
Here, in Chandigarh MASS EGR cleaning charges are around 750rs.

I am facing problem with front tyre wear, the right side tyre has gone bald and I can see the steel wires coming out now.The tyre wear in even and I don't see any uneven tyre wear.I had the wheel rotated on the last service and car has run around 10k since then, meanwhile I got the wheels aligned twice during the 10k mileage. The left has tyre wear as well but not as much as the right side one.The rear tyres are in good shape and all the treads are visible.
These set of tyres has run around 30k km.s. Before going for tyre change I need to know what is the reason for this? What do I need to check?
Should I change the bearing of wheel?Some times I do hear humming sound on tarmac road.Should I change the front two only or full 4 tyre set?
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote