Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th August 2011, 20:56   #2071
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

Jaggu
My Adi completed 55000kms . Yesterday as I was cleaning the engine bay I saw oil deposits around the EGR area. The SA of sai service asked me to clean the EGR, but I have done that at 45000kms. Is it serious problem. I am attaching pic of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-imag0274.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 13th August 2011 at 21:02.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 21:00   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 50k kms Update Page 1

What mileage do you folks get? I get anywhere between 14-15-16 in city and between 17-20 on the highway. Few folks are getting around 23-25kmpl, link to the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-2.html (Ritz VDi 8000kms Report)
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 11:29   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278
Jaggu
My Adi completed 55000kms . Yesterday as I was cleaning the engine bay I saw oil deposits around the EGR area. The SA of sai service asked me to clean the EGR, but I have done that at 45000kms. Is it serious problem. I am attaching pic of the same.
Guys
No reply. Pls advice......
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 20:25   #2074
Team-BHP Support

Not very clear picture but seems like a pipe or clip is broken. Do get it checked, not something that i would ignore.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:26   #2075
BHPian

Folks i need to get my vdi serviced for 33,000 kms. I have noticed that AC is not working properly at all, what can be the reason? Apart from this what other areas i need to get serviced? My car will be completing 2 years by October
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:40   #2076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I have noticed that AC is not working properly at all, what can be the reason?
Probably just a leak in the system. Check the gas, if low, locate the leak and rectify it.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 12:35   #2077
BHPian

Is anyone using Mobil 1 0w 40 synthetic Oil for Swift D? Any feedback on the same please? I was trying to procure my regular Mobil delvac mx15w 40 but looks like not many traders are stocking it. I want to see if there is any other oil that can be used which is more readily available.
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 02:45   #2078
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone using Mobil 1 0w 40 synthetic Oil for Swift D? Any feedback on the same please? I was trying to procure my regular Mobil delvac mx15w 40 but looks like not many traders are stocking it. I want to see if there is any other oil that can be used which is more readily available.
I have a Ritz D, and have been using this oil for the last 2 changes now, i.e. almost done 20k kms.

I remember there were 2 grades of Mobil 1 available, 0w-40 and 0-50 (or was it 5w-50), I have only used 0w-40 and it's done very well so far.

The only issue I face is that the Oil light sometimes stays on for much longer than usual, I think it's something to do with the oil viscosity, so next time I'll use the 0w-50 (which is the recommended one).
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 19:59   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
During my last service at Mandovi, I asked the service advisor whether they had different synthetic oils for diesel and petrol engines, to which the answer was in the negative. I mentioned this in the online service feedback form that I got from Maruti. In response to this, someone from Maruti's regional office called me and told me that this oil was not approved by Maruti yet, though it was approved by Tata. Maruti's representative stated that they would talk to the service centers against advising Mobil 1 synthetic oil for diesel engines.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 11:06   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I have a Ritz D, and have been using this oil for the last 2 changes now, i.e. almost done 20k kms.

I remember there were 2 grades of Mobil 1 available, 0w-40 and 0-50 (or was it 5w-50), I have only used 0w-40 and it's done very well so far.

The only issue I face is that the Oil light sometimes stays on for much longer than usual, I think it's something to do with the oil viscosity, so next time I'll use the 0w-50 (which is the recommended one).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
During my last service at Mandovi, I asked the service advisor whether they had different synthetic oils for diesel and petrol engines, to which the answer was in the negative. I mentioned this in the online service feedback form that I got from Maruti. In response to this, someone from Maruti's regional office called me and told me that this oil was not approved by Maruti yet, though it was approved by Tata. Maruti's representative stated that they would talk to the service centers against advising Mobil 1 synthetic oil for diesel engines.

I had to use Mobil 1 0w 40 during this service as i was unable to find my regular brew. This synthetic oil is pretty costly at Rs. 975 a liter and i dont think i will be using it going forward as i did not find any difference during my 1200km drive over the weekend.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 15:48   #2081
BHPian

Jaggu,

Small suggestion. Can you updated the title of post to include page numbers for key km milestones, like 30k,40k etc like you have it for 50k currently ? This will help people locate the "diesel experience"/service queries/what you changed at that kilometer milestone. Thanks.
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 12:14   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Absolutely nothing dude. The car was running fine till afternoon. After office, tried to start the car there was some missing but not noticeable. Then noticed two warning lights.

Dont know what these guys are doing there. No service battery, 10k for the new one and they had only one answer "What shall I do Sir"? Got irritated, and walked off.

This is the 3rd time am experiencing this at the same service station. Got to get the new shocks next week and then it's bye forever.

As mentioned, they are busy in getting/improving customer feedback. Let them keep doing that. People like us should give them a bad feedback.
Naveen,
I am in the same situation now. Noticed 2 warning lights when I started my car today morning. Service light and water in fuel light. Though both lights went off after 10 mins, I took the car to MASS. As suspected the battery is weak and they adviced to get it changed quickly.
My car is only 25 months old

Which is the best battery for Swift D?
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 12:19   #2083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Jaggu,

Small suggestion. Can you updated the title of post to include page numbers for key km milestones, like 30k,40k etc like you have it for 50k currently ?
Unfortunately no, coz there is max limit for title characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Amaron is quite good i have heard and been using it in my car, but they are slightly expensive. For details about battery head to the battery thread, just give a search for best battery and you will find it.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 12:58   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Naveen,
I am in the same situation now. Noticed 2 warning lights when I started my car today morning. Service light and water in fuel light. Though both lights went off after 10 mins, I took the car to MASS. As suspected the battery is weak and they adviced to get it changed quickly.
My car is only 25 months old

My car is around 30 months old and clocked 29k. How much did your car clock? I recommend you to get the battery from an authorized battery dealer. You will get it at a better rate. I got SF Sonic but many prefer Exide/Amaron. I had no choice since my car stalled on my way back and refused to start. Went to my dad's friends shop nearby runs SF Sonic battery outlet. Pretty good I guess.

Anyways, do check out the battery thread as Jaggu had mentioned.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:54   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My car is around 30 months old and clocked 29k. How much did your car clock? I recommend you to get the battery from an authorized battery dealer. You will get it at a better rate. I got SF Sonic but many prefer Exide/Amaron. I had no choice since my car stalled on my way back and refused to start. Went to my dad's friends shop nearby runs SF Sonic battery outlet. Pretty good I guess.

Anyways, do check out the battery thread as Jaggu had mentioned.
My car has done 33k in 25 months. I was forced to get new battery today as service lights came on again and cranking took a long time. Since I regularly do highway drives with family, I did not want to take any chances with a dying battery.
Took a quick look at battery thread and decided to go for ameron. Called their dealer at Kochi and they quoted 6500/- and 3 yr warranty. They also offered to buy back the old battery for 500/-. Confirmed the deal and their service person came down to my office and replaced the battery. Paid 6000/- in total.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote