Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th December 2011, 08:59   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Very surprising bcos all along I used to think that Maruti would have advised all MASS in doing the EGR cleaning is a particular way.

In my case when the EGR was cleaned, it was done from the top i.e. they had to remove the battery, wiper assembly, etc and I was charged approx Rs 1600 for EGR cleaning.
This is a good self explanatory photo sequence of the EGR cleaning. Should remove doubts. DM's Maruti Suzuki Swift Vdi: Problem with the EGR valve
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 15:31   #2192
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
This is a good self explanatory photo sequence of the EGR cleaning. Should remove doubts. DM's Maruti Suzuki Swift Vdi: Problem with the EGR valve

Looked at the link. Seems like only the battery and air filter assembly is removed to access the EGR. In that case, why was the viper assembly additionally removed in my car for cleaning EGR (and I was also charged too for that )

Last edited by f1fan : 7th December 2011 at 15:32.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 15:43   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
I did look at this link some time back - but how exactly the EGR assembly is removed and put back is not explained/illustrated in this link.

Drive on,
Shibujp
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 18:59   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I did look at this link some time back - but how exactly the EGR assembly is removed and put back is not explained/illustrated in this link.

Drive on,
Shibujp
I put that link up to illustrate that the approach was from above engine and battery and air filter was removed.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:18   #2195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Unfortunately the problem with EGR cleaning as far as I am concerned is that no one seems to agree on one single way to access the EGR. However here are some suggestions that perhaps may benefit:

In the MASS that I frequent, they insist that the access to the EGR is from beneath the car, making it necessary to move the steering box out of the way..
Not required at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
In my case when the EGR was cleaned, it was done from the top i.e. they had to remove the battery, wiper assembly, etc and I was charged approx Rs 1600 for EGR cleaning.
Yes

Quote:
^^ Yup this is how it was done in my car, as explained by my SA.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 20:03   #2196
BHPian

Having trouble with the Turbo of my swift VDI. The SA refuses to acknowledge that there is a turbo oil seal. Can someone put up a picture of the approx location where this turbo oil seal is so that I can show the same to my SA and ask him to check.

I am pretty sure that Oil seal is bust as turbo is still working (though not giving the kick at 2000 RPM), Intercooler and related rubber pipes have been just replaced. Add to that the SA has filled up 3.3 L of Oil
malgudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 20:56   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Having trouble with the Turbo of my swift VDI. The SA refuses to acknowledge that there is a turbo oil seal. Can someone put up a picture of the approx location where this turbo oil seal is so that I can show the same to my SA and ask him to check.

I am pretty sure that Oil seal is bust as turbo is still working (though not giving the kick at 2000 RPM), Intercooler and related rubber pipes have been just replaced. Add to that the SA has filled up 3.3 L of Oil
Kindly have the folks at MASS check the turbo surge. That should indicate whether your turbo is faulty or not.
Also ask them to drain the oil out and refill the same again. Wait for 15-20 minutes for all the oil to drain out completely. Kindly refill only 2.9 litres as you will not be removing the oil filter during the drain process.

If not drained, some part of this additional oil would find its way into the intercooler.

Cheers
f1fan
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 21:36   #2198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Turbo oil seal cannot be accessed without dismantling the turbo. Easier thing is to take the boost readings and see if they are within company recommended readings.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 19:34   #2199
BHPian

Hi All,
I'm leaving my swift vdi for 40k service tomorrow at suraksha. using mobil devlac engine oil, ioc diesel with system D for last 25kms, i'm getting 16kmpl in city. there's been no problem except that i hear kat kat sound inside the cabin from the left rear end unable to diagnose the problem any inputs will be of tremendous help.
planning to get below mentioned things done-
engine oil and filter replace
coolant replace
air filter replace
fuel filter replace
clutch fluid replace
transmission oil replace
brake fluid replace.
any other things should i look into?
manual recommends master cylinder/caliper/boot cut replace, should i get it done?
and how do we diagnose if there is any problem with struts or suspension?
please suggest anything else i need to get it done. thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dreamy : 13th December 2011 at 19:38. Reason: missed a line
Dreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 10:22   #2200
Senior - BHPian

30km service done. Here are the list of things

MGDO (15W40) Castrol - 3L
Joint Comp, Front Stabilizer
Brakes Overhaul
Fuel Injector cleaning
Front brake caliper assembly both sides OH
Engine System flushing
Body Polishing
Front Suspension Arm both sides R&R
Stabilizer Ball Joint (All) R&R

The shock stabilizer was replaced under warranty and Wax polishing was done for free.

Total bill - 4448/-

Completely satisfied with the work. I decided to discontinue my service with my usual service station. Tried another place and am completely satisfied. I could notice many differences when compared to my old SS. Anyways, car is a lot better, absorbing the potholes really well.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 11:23   #2201
BHPian

Facing a problem recently:
I usually drive alone, on weekends there are 3 people (2 front, one rear seat).

I upgraded my tires to 185/70/R14 from stock tires. Recently when driving the car with with 5 peoples (3 on rear seat, 2 on front) my tires are getting scarped to the underbody on bumps and also at higher speed at uneven road.

No problem when I drive alone, or with 3 people (2 front, one rear seat).

What needs to be checked?
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 12:48   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Facing a problem recently:
I usually drive alone, on weekends there are 3 people (2 front, one rear seat).

I upgraded my tires to 185/70/R14 from stock tires. Recently when driving the car with with 5 peoples (3 on rear seat, 2 on front) my tires are getting scarped to the underbody on bumps and also at higher speed at uneven road.

No problem when I drive alone, or with 3 people (2 front, one rear seat).

What needs to be checked?
Are you sure that the tyre is scraping the underbody? I have a doubt since you havent upgraded the radius. If that's the case, check the shocks. These are pretty bad and they easily get damaged. I recently changed the bush as they got pretty badly damaged after my recent drive to Blore.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 13:08   #2203
BHPian

^^ Sounds like tires scraping :( . I'll get the shocks checked. I changed the bushes for the front suspension recently.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 17:28   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
^^ Sounds like tires scraping :( . I'll get the shocks checked. I changed the bushes for the front suspension recently.
Should not be tyres. My car is also running on the same profile tyres and I frequently do long drives with 5 people onboard. Never had this issue even on some of the worst roads in Kerala. Please check the shocks.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 17:32   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
30km service done. Here are the list of things

MGDO (15W40) Castrol - 3L
Joint Comp, Front Stabilizer
Brakes Overhaul
Fuel Injector cleaning
Front brake caliper assembly both sides OH
Engine System flushing
Body Polishing
Front Suspension Arm both sides R&R
Stabilizer Ball Joint (All) R&R

The shock stabilizer was replaced under warranty and Wax polishing was done for free.

Total bill - 4448/-

Completely satisfied with the work. I decided to discontinue my service with my usual service station. Tried another place and am completely satisfied. I could notice many differences when compared to my old SS. Anyways, car is a lot better, absorbing the potholes really well.
Which is the new service station? Do you have the break-up of charges?
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote