Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th December 2011, 20:40   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Which is the new service station? Do you have the break-up of charges?
Not new, but something new to me. It's Popular service station near Lisie Hospital. Here's the breakup:

Parts
1) Clip (Bumper) - (5x2.66) = 13.30
2) %Element - 333.85 (dont remember what it was. Forgot)
3) MGDO (15W40) Castrol - (3.1x221.98) = 688.14
4) Shimsheet - 5.33
5) Joint comp, front stabilizer - 404.20 (under warranty) Free

Labor
1) Paid Service - 800
2) Brakes Overhaul (complete) - 420
3) Fuel Injector cleaning (diesel) - 500
4) Front brake caliper assembly overhaul (both) - 520
5) Engine system flushing - 250
6) Body polishing - free
7) Front suspension arm (both side R&R)- 480
8) Vehicle washing & cleaning - 0
9) Stabilizer ball joint (All - R&R) - (under warranty)

Total Amount (including VAT) - 4448/-

Satisfied with the work. Way better than the old place.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 20:45   #2207
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not new, but something new to me. It's Popular service station near Lisie Hospital. Here's the breakup:

Parts
1) Clip (Bumper) - (5x2.66) = 13.30
2) %Element - 333.85 (dont remember what it was. Forgot)
3) MGDO (15W40) Castrol - (3.1x221.98) = 688.14
4) Shimsheet - 5.33
5) Joint comp, front stabilizer - 404.20 (under warranty) Free

Labor
1) Paid Service - 800
2) Brakes Overhaul (complete) - 420
3) Fuel Injector cleaning (diesel) - 500
4) Front brake caliper assembly overhaul (both) - 520
5) Engine system flushing - 250
6) Body polishing - free
7) Front suspension arm (both side R&R)- 480
8) Vehicle washing & cleaning - 0
9) Stabilizer ball joint (All - R&R) - (under warranty)

Total Amount (including VAT) - 4448/-

Satisfied with the work. Way better than the old place.
How come the prices are different at different service stations.

I got my car serviced today(70k paid service), I paid 975 for fuel injector cleaning, 9xx for paid service.

Arent the labour charges supposed to be same?

I got my car serviced at Maruti Sales And Service Delhi.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 20:52   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
How come the prices are different at different service stations.

I got my car serviced today(70k paid service), I paid 975 for fuel injector cleaning, 9xx for paid service.

Arent the labour charges supposed to be same?

I got my car serviced at Maruti Sales And Service Delhi.
Labor charges are supposed to be same throughout the country. Kindly check this with the SS.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:01   #2209
BHPian

Going with my experience with 20k service, I think labour is different from one place to another. Parts prices are same everywhere.
^^^ Ex Front caliper shimming at Indus motors is Rs250+service tax. Full brake overhaul is Rs450.00+ST
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 23:25   #2210
RMB
BHPian

Jaggu, needed your help to understand if there is difference in pre/post 2008 VDI with respect to NVH. The post 2008 VDI have barely any engine noise in the cabin, but in my car the engine noise is very loud as if there is no insulation at all.

Have noted this difference recently after driving my friends car (2010 model). Do you also notice this?

I checked with Suraksha service centre on Hosur road, but the service guy said everything is normal.

Can I do something to reduce this engine noise in cabin?
RMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 00:01   #2211
Team-BHP Support

Are you sure it is the engine noise ? It could very well be the tyre noise. Irrespective of the model, I think that the DDiS is quietest in the range of about 10 - 40 k kms.

If, on idle, you press the clutch and the noise lessens, the clutch release bearing could also be faulty.

Also check for bearing noise.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 00:11   #2212
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If, on idle, you press the clutch and the noise lessens, the clutch release bearing could also be faulty.
It's normally the other way round. If CRB is at fault, you press the clutch the noise increases!

There is almost 'NIL' sound deadening in Swift and more so in Ritz, the engine sounds really loud compared to what it should, considering that it is actually one of the quietest diesel engines from the outside.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 00:25   #2213
Team-BHP Support

Umm, lets wait for the resident experts to confirm. I could be wrong.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 00:57   #2214
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK

It's normally the other way round. If CRB is at fault, you press the clutch the noise increases!

There is almost 'NIL' sound deadening in Swift and more so in Ritz, the engine sounds really loud compared to what it should, considering that it is actually one of the quietest diesel engines from the outside.
Not too sure about this although Ive noticed that the clatter of the engine does reduce just a little when I depress the cluch. Never thought too much of it. Service intervals definitely have a marked change in the noise levels.. My car is much quieter for the first 1.5-2k after service and gradually increases till the next service.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 01:19   #2215
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
Service intervals definitely have a marked change in the noise levels.. My car is much quieter for the first 1.5-2k after service and gradually increases till the next service.
Ok, here's what you should try. This works for my noisy Ritz.
- Use fully synthetic oil
- clean the air filter every 2k kms. yes! 2 thousand (this makes huge difference you'll notice after driving about 50-100kms after cleaning)

Last time with mobil1 my car went into service the way it came, perfect.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 00:03   #2216
RMB
BHPian

It definitely the engine noise in the cabin as I can hear gruff noise at stand still. Can really feel the sound coming behind the dashboard. Yes, I have noticed the noise changes as soon as I depress the clutch. My car has done 44K Kms.

Let me check this with the service guys. Thanks guys for the valuable feedback. Any other inputs to reduce the noise in cabin are welcome. You really have to drive a 2009-10 VDI to note the considerable difference in NVH. Guess Maruti has done a good job year on year to improve NVH or it is really my car that has this problem. Will know for sure only if I can drive another pre 2008 VDI.
RMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 11:42   #2217
BHPian

I think this depends on how the driving style of the persons using the car. I have access to 2 DDiS cars, A 2008 Swift VDi and a 2009 Ritz VDi. Swift is driven by me and Ritz is driven by a driver. When the Ritz was new, I thought that it was quieter than my Swift which was almost a year old. But now, the Ritz is noisy and rattling, whereas my Swift is much quieter and doesnt rattle much! Both cars are at about 30000 km now and have undergone regular maintenance as prescribed in the manual. The driver uses the car more roughly than I do by trying to slip the clutch at slow speeds rather than change the gear, changing the gears too early etc.,. This made me conclude that the engine response/noise is totally in the way we handle the car.
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 21:07   #2218
BHPian

40k service update:

Parts:
Exchange Filter:1174
Oil Filter:334
Plug Assy, Oil drain:70
Engine oil:688
Gear oil:796
Clip:21

Labour:
Paid Service:725
Brakes O/h (complete):420
Caliper pin greasing:90
Intercooler cleanin:360
a/c blower cleaning:120
consummables:100

Total: 5400/- (including tax)

A minor leak was detected in the EGR hose. As per SA it is not a major problem (unless coolant level decrease quickly) and can be fixed during 45k check along with EGR cleaning. It takes one full a day (car should be left at MASS for a day) and will cost approx 3k.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 23:28   #2219
BHPian

Need to replace my brake pads. Shall I use MGP one or is there any better aftermarket brake pads (not very costly though).?
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 08:16   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Need to replace my brake pads. Shall I use MGP one or is there any better aftermarket brake pads (not very costly though).?
Yes I too am interested in aftermarket performace brakepads for swift.

I am planning on a Cosworth ECU Remap and also comtemplating on a brake upgrade by upgrading to performance brakepads ?

Jaggu,

Could you throw some light on the ECU remaps and if MASS can detect the new MAP when i give the car for service .
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote