Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th January 2012, 09:11   #2221
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Hi there,
A friend of mine who is into Automobile Audio-Video systems installation suggested me to installl Armacell in the door pads and complete flooring to reduce the Engine noise as well as Tyre noise. (I have an Etios Diesel)
But i have no idea about the performance.

Can anyone provide with some details?

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Jaggu, needed your help to understand if there is difference in pre/post 2008 VDI with respect to NVH. The post 2008 VDI have barely any engine noise in the cabin, but in my car the engine noise is very loud as if there is no insulation at all.

Have noted this difference recently after driving my friends car (2010 model). Do you also notice this?

I checked with Suraksha service centre on Hosur road, but the service guy said everything is normal.

Can I do something to reduce this engine noise in cabin?
drabhayshah76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 13:14   #2222
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Current state of my Swift VDI: 4.5 years old, 22,000km, and rusting away.

I'm now glad I didn't spend money on any extras, not even a sound system.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 14:22   #2223
BHPian

Guys,

need some understanding ...

My 60K swift has a water sedimenter light coming on randomly while driving.

Even during ignition the light comes on after starting but goes off after 10-15 seconds

I had shown it to MASS (vitesse prabhadevi) who connected it to the scanner, but it showed no error codes.

BTW the battery is ok according to them.

Any ideas.? also i observed this happens when the car was cranked in morning.

Also any idea what is the cost for clutch replacement on Swift Vdi (Mumbai). The MASS quoted me an absurd amount of 10K

sid

Last edited by siddharthdeb : 16th January 2012 at 14:24. Reason: Clutch Pricing Query
siddharthdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 16:24   #2224
Distinguished - BHPian

This water indicator light somehow always seems to foretell the need for a new battery, whatever they say about checking it!

It may run for a few more months.

Are you in the habit of turning off the engine at red signals? I suggest that you don't, just while this situation lasts. This caught me out, and left me stuck at a very busy junction. Even then, the battery might have cranked the engine had the conditions not been extremely wet. I was unlucky.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:30   #2225
BHPian

Well I don't switch my car off ever at the traffic signals. Funny thing is that there are no error codes being recorded. Anyways will get the battery checked out by the battery chap.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:33   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb
Well I don't switch my car off ever at the traffic signals. Funny thing is that there are no error codes being recorded. Anyways will get the battery checked out by the battery chap.
How old is the battery ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 16:41   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Guys,

need some understanding ...

My 60K swift has a water sedimenter light coming on randomly while driving.

Even during ignition the light comes on after starting but goes off after 10-15 seconds

I had shown it to MASS (vitesse prabhadevi) who connected it to the scanner, but it showed no error codes.

BTW the battery is ok according to them.

Any ideas.? also i observed this happens when the car was cranked in morning.

Also any idea what is the cost for clutch replacement on Swift Vdi (Mumbai). The MASS quoted me an absurd amount of 10K

sid
As pointed by Thad it may be a battery dying issue. How old is the battery? If it's more than 3 years old you can safely assume it's battery!

However, did you get the water (if any) drained from the diesel filter?

And lastly any reputed battery dealer should have two instruments available with them. One is the battery health tester and another one is load tester. This will clearly show you the battery health.

Bosch - Battery Tester

Fansa Motors – Bosch Car Service (India) Battery Load Tester
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 20:35   #2228
BHPian

Well the battery is under a year old and the fuel filter was changer less than 1000km back. I will get the battery checked by the dealer and see what happens
Old 16th January 2012, 22:13   #2229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well the battery is under a year old ...
Ah! That puts things in a different light altogether.
Old 17th January 2012, 10:06   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ah! That puts things in a different light altogether.
And the vagaries of it being completely random the sedimenter light does not come on for a few days ( it did not light up today on start up) and it does on some. I really don't want to give the car to MASS they mess up more than what they fix.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:57   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
And the vagaries of it being completely random the sedimenter light does not come on for a few days ( it did not light up today on start up) and it does on some. I really don't want to give the car to MASS they mess up more than what they fix.
Was the filter changed at every 20k service? Maybe the sensor in the filter is faulty? When was it last changed? Have you filled fuel from a new fuel pump recently? Did the MASS try draining the fuel filter?
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 17:00   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep

Was the filter changed at every 20k service? Maybe the sensor in the filter is faulty? When was it last changed? Have you filled fuel from a new fuel pump recently? Did the MASS try draining the fuel filter?
Well the filter was changed at the 60k service, so that may be the case. So far I have not got them to drain the water. As far as fuel quality is concerned I did change pumps but the issue did reoccur
Old 17th January 2012, 18:08   #2233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
(it did not light up today on start up)
Sounds more like an actual sensor issue, check light should work for a few sec at start up, you can mention this to the workshop while reporting.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:04   #2234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Could you throw some light on the ECU remaps and if MASS can detect the new MAP when i give the car for service .
As i mentioned on PM, i dont have any direct experience with remaps. But the price seems to be juicy. WRT mass detecting the same, i dont think they bother so much. Only if there are any major warranty issues, you might want to be careful. Plonk in a stock ECU and present the car or something
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 11:34   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu

As i mentioned on PM, i dont have any direct experience with remaps. But the price seems to be juicy. WRT mass detecting the same, i dont think they bother so much. Only if there are any major warranty issues, you might want to be careful. Plonk in a stock ECU and present the car or something
Yes Jaggu, that its what I have been researching all over the internet. The problem should arise only in case of warranty issues which involve major part replacement. That said, the cosworth guy promised me that he will flash the stock map, free of cost before going to MASS, in case of any eventuality.

I am wondering if the swift ECM has any counter which keeps track of how many times the ECM has been flashed and by whom.

Any pointers would be of great help.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote