Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th May 2012, 13:16   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
That is the water-in-fuel-filter indicator.

On a Swift, it seems to mean change the battery!
Yeah he replaced his battery recently, I think he needs to clear the error from MASS.
Thank you for the confirmation thad.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 20:45   #2327
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
There are a few points i want to discus-
-There is a low frequency resonating sound, at idling, particularly when ac is running, it is not viberation, but a thrummm sound, it was not there in the older swift, anyone else observed this? or it is with my vehicle only. This sound is somewhat similar to Punto's engine boom sound, or may be it is a Fiat manufactured engine in my car.
My ZDI Dec'11 has the exact characteristics. Showed to 3 ***, and also filed a compliant to Maruti(referred back to ***).
The service manager showed me another 4 ZDI/VDIs, which has the same issue, so called it as character.
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 20:49   #2328
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Go to a service center and use the scanner to scan and clear off the errors. If the light still persists you need to drain the water from the diesel filter. Yes this is water in fuel indicator.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 02:20   #2329
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Lately sometimes my tachometer shows values which is approx 400 RPM more than the real reading. This is intermittent but when it happens all I need to do is to switch off the engine (the tacho still remains say at 400 RPM) and then again switch back to the ignition mode. This seems to fix the problems.

Any idea if this can be fixed or this indicates an omen of something going wrong with ECU?
Ranendra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 09:00   #2330
BHPian

Question Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Is it not the water in fuel indicator ?
You need to get it cleared from MASS.
I guess,you should be fine after that.
Does it stay on, even after the car is started ?
Yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is the water-in-fuel-filter indicator.

On a Swift, it seems to mean change the battery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Go to a service center and use the scanner to scan and clear off the errors. If the light still persists you need to drain the water from the diesel filter. Yes this is water in fuel indicator.
Thank You. I shall visit Mandovi and get this done.

So does this happen everytime you change the battery?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 09:12   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

Yes it does.

Thank You. I shall visit Mandovi and get this done.

So does this happen everytime you change the battery?
If the indicator is on even after the engine is started, then you have water in your fuel filter. Visit MASS at the earliest.
I asked the same question few posts ago, jaggu confirmed that the indicator will go off after the engine is started in case of battery issue.
If indicator remains on, even after the engine is started, confirms water in fuel filter. When was the fuel filter last changed ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 10:19   #2332
Team-BHP Support

It can be just an error due to the earlier faulty battery OR it can be water. So dont take chance.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 18:42   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra View Post
Lately sometimes my tachometer shows values which is approx 400 RPM more than the real reading. This is intermittent but when it happens all I need to do is to switch off the engine (the tacho still remains say at 400 RPM) and then again switch back to the ignition mode. This seems to fix the problems.

Any idea if this can be fixed or this indicates an omen of something going wrong with ECU?
Any help on this guys?
Ranendra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 18:45   #2334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any help on this guys?
Never heard of this issue before, maybe a loose connection or a RPM sensor going bad. Best bet is to get it checked at a workshop. ie if this is happening at idle. If its during running, good idea to get the clutch checked.
Old 8th May 2012, 19:27   #2335
BHPian

Quote:

Since the tacho needle stays at 400 when you switch off the engine, I suspect this is a mechanical problem with the tacho meter itself. If you don't have any idling issue or actual engine rpm fluctuations, the sensors and the ECU are just fine. How old is your swift? Try to get the console replaced if it is under warranty.

Last edited by bejoy : 8th May 2012 at 19:30.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 19:50   #2336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A similar problem happened with me. The idling RPM shown was lesser by 200 at first (showed 600) and gradually showed no reading. All of this intermittently.

It was diagnosed as a faulty instrument cluster and was replaced under extended warranty.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-cluster.html (Dilemma: Should I change my Swift's Instrument Cluster ?)
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 21:15   #2337
Team-BHP Support

I didn't read carefully I guess, meter showing when shut down = definitely console issue. Since these are electronic units not much to check on mechanical front I guess.
Old 15th May 2012, 09:07   #2338
BHPian

Question Re: light on fuel gauge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If the indicator is on even after the engine is started, then you have water in your fuel filter. Visit MASS at the earliest.
I asked the same question few posts ago, jaggu confirmed that the indicator will go off after the engine is started in case of battery issue.
If indicator remains on, even after the engine is started, confirms water in fuel filter. When was the fuel filter last changed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It can be just an error due to the earlier faulty battery OR it can be water. So dont take chance.
According to the SA at Mandovi, the sensor needs to be changed and it will cost around 2K. He says it is not an major issue and i can go around with that light.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 09:56   #2339
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: light on fuel gauge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
According to the SA at Mandovi, the sensor needs to be changed and it will cost around 2K. He says it is not an major issue and i can go around with that light.
Might not be a major issue, but get it changed. You will never know when that sensor will come to your rescue
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 10:05   #2340
BHPian

Post Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Hey Jaggu,

i need a small detail from you. Can you write back with the economy that your car is giving please.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th May 2012 at 10:06.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote