Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th August 2012, 21:17   #2386
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Turbo sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Ya jaggu even i have that doubt that it would be the pulley's bearings.

i was not much bothered till i went on a long drive 550kms last saturday,but yes on the highways the noise is very much evident
Get the second opinion, dont ignore such stuff better to get it sorted than run into a break down.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:22   #2387
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Another issue has cropped up on my Swift, in the past month, whenever I would cross a puddle of water the radiator light would come one and stay on for 5mins before going off. Last week when I was driving my right headlight went off and then about 5kms later the left one gave away too. The bulbs were Hella with a relay installed April 2011, I installed the OEM bulbs and found the relay wire connector burnt for the right one and the left bulb was burnt. Today morning, my horns have stopped working! Other electrical instruments are working fine, only the Horn has stopped working.

Things I suspect for these issues are,
1.About a year ago, I installed fog lamps. There is a wiring running across the radiator which looks like a potential issue.
2. Since the time I got my car (March 2009), the right Horn wire would dislodge itself after a short use. Ineffect the car would have only one horn working.In the last service at PitStop, I asked the guy to fix the Horn issue and had to leave for 15mins. The issue is fixed for month now, not sure if he has made the wiring direct leading to these electrical issues.

I am attending the weekend OTR event hence will be out of town. Wondering should I leave the car in the service station over the weekend. What can be reason for all these problems, please suggest.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 12:43   #2388
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Can anyone give me the current market price for Mobil Delvac MX and Delvac 1?

I've contacted the exxonMobil guys and they promised me to supply directly from their godown at cheaper than market price . So, need to know the market price to bargain.

Anybody interested can PM me to get the contact details of Mr. Jenender Anand, Manager Installed Automotive Lubricants- India who can provide you the contact details of sales people in your area.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 10:30   #2389
Senior - BHPian

[quote=archat68;2882272]Can anyone give me the current market price for Mobil Delvac MX and Delvac 1?

I've contacted the exxonMobil guys and they promised me to supply directly from their godown at cheaper than market price . So, need to know the market price to bargain.
quote]

All cans come with MRP marked on them. MRP can be reference for you to get a discount on it. typically you can expect upto 10% discount on MRP.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 12:00   #2390
BHPian

^^They are asking Rs. 4000 for 5Lt.
Old 27th August 2012, 15:14   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
^^They are asking Rs. 4000 for 5Lt.
Delvac MX - Rs 1100
Delvac 1 - Rs 3700
kpzen is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 14:03   #2392
BHPian

Had a bad day for my Swift yesterday. First in the morning noticed water accumulated on the front passenger side floor, and thought some leakage from the floor might be the culprit. Took it to MASS, and was told AC coil is blocked, and they need to take the dash out, take out the coil, clean & refit the coil and finally refill the AC gas - quoted 4500/- approx!
Anyway brought the car back & left for the office thinking to drive without AC for few days & check for the costs somewhere else.

Within 10mins of parking the car in the office, got a call from security that some oil is leaking from the car. Rushed to the parking lot and found whole coolant draining out of the engine!

Called the Kalyani Motors Brookfields, and they said car needed to be towed. Waited for them but the tow guy didn't turn up for 3 hrs, so finally put some water in the coolant tank & drove the car to their service center.
Found out that a small coolant rubber hose deep inside the engine area has puntured, and neither Kalyani nor any other MASS around have the part in stock! They ordered the part from somewhere, and expecting the car to be returned today evening and quoted approx 1200/- for the work.

Now this coolant thing will be sorted out, but need suggestions for the place to check for the AC coil issue where I can get this done cheaper.

Any idea guys?
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 18:28   #2393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Another issue has cropped up on my Swift, in the past month, whenever I would cross a puddle of water the radiator light would come one and stay on for 5mins before going off. Last week when I was driving my right headlight went off and then about 5kms later the left one gave away too. The bulbs were Hella with a relay installed April 2011, I installed the OEM bulbs and found the relay wire connector burnt for the right one and the left bulb was burnt. Today morning, my horns have stopped working! Other electrical instruments are working fine, only the Horn has stopped working.
Get a complete electrical/wiring check done. I am paranoid about electricals since they are very dangerous and can cause fire. Any reliable electrician can figure out and fix wiring issue and that too half a days job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Had a bad day for my Swift yesterday. First in the morning noticed water accumulated on the front passenger side floor, and thought some leakage from the floor might be the culprit. Took it to MASS, and was told AC coil is blocked, and they need to take the dash out, take out the coil, clean & refit the coil and finally refill the AC gas - quoted 4500/- approx!
First thing to check is the AC water drain, if you bent and look under the dash you will see a small black pipe exiting at the firewall from the condenser box. Remove it and try to clean the hole with a small plastic bit (like a coffee stirrer) or something. Ensure you spread a large cloth or plastic so that it will not mess up the carpets while doing this clean up.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 19:11   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
First thing to check is the AC water drain, if you bent and look under the dash you will see a small black pipe exiting at the firewall from the condenser box. Remove it and try to clean the hole with a small plastic bit (like a coffee stirrer) or something. Ensure you spread a large cloth or plastic so that it will not mess up the carpets while doing this clean up.
Thanks Jaggu, will definitely try this out!

Got my car back with coolant leakage issue sorted out, and one small rubber hose replaced. Cost me 1030/- including part, labour & coolant refill.

One more thing, there was a very strange noise coming from the turbo like some air leaking/whistle sound after turbo/intercooler cleaning done during last service. This was also fixed today, and was attributed to improper re-sealing of the turbo/intercooler after cleaning.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 08:56   #2395
BHPian

I plan to drive my swift vdi to my native place from Mumbai to palakkad(1400km)day after tomorrow and return after 2 weeks.Estimated total running around 3500km tops(Mumbai-Palakkad-Mumbai+local running) in total.The car has run about 2000km after the oil change.It has been 4 months(2months running and 2 months the vehicle was idle as i was in thailand)since the oil change.Do i need to change the oil before the trip considering the vehicle was idle for 2 months?
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 09:12   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r
Estimated total running around 3500km tops(Mumbai-Palakkad-Mumbai+local running) in total.The car has run about 2000km after the oil change.It has been 4 months(2months running and 2 months the vehicle was idle as i was in thailand)since the oil change.Do i need to change the oil before the trip considering the vehicle was idle for 2 months?
Highly recommended to change the oil and get a routine check up done ; coolant and brake oil levels,all the hoses are intact, etc, because the car was idle for 2 months.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 09:18   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I plan to drive my swift vdi to my native place from Mumbai to palakkad(1400km)day after tomorrow and return after 2 weeks.Estimated total running around 3500km tops(Mumbai-Palakkad-Mumbai+local running) in total.The car has run about 2000km after the oil change.It has been 4 months(2months running and 2 months the vehicle was idle as i was in thailand)since the oil change.Do i need to change the oil before the trip considering the vehicle was idle for 2 months?
I don't think there is any need to change the oil. But overall checkup as suggested by F150 is a must.
Old 30th August 2012, 11:53   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Highly recommended to change the oil and get a routine check up done ; coolant and brake oil levels,all the hoses are intact, etc, because the car was idle for 2 months.
Don't think oil change is required, idling for 2 months won't affect oil quality in the engine. Just check all the oil levels & top up if necessary, that should all work!
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 12:22   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Coolant and brake oil levels-checked,hoses and belts-checked all A-okay.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:51   #2400
BHPian

Need a few clarifications for the grade of Engine oil used in Swift (new):
During the 3rd service of 2012 Swift VDI , 0W40 grade Engine oil was used instead of the recommended 5W40 oil by the MASS.
1. Using this oil is fine?
2. Using the oil 5W40 (MOBIL1) grade by another MASS in the future services will impact the engine performance?
3. SA claims that this oil is better and can last long and next oil change should be done only at 15,000 KM interval. is it true?
4. Do I need to bring this to the Maruti Regional office notice?
mTorque is offline   Reply With Quote