Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 3rd September 2012, 16:11   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Need a few clarifications for the grade of Engine oil used in Swift (new):
During the 3rd service of 2012 Swift VDI , 0W40 grade Engine oil was used instead of the recommended 5W40 oil by the MASS.
1. Using this oil is fine?
2. Using the oil 5W40 (MOBIL1) grade by another MASS in the future services will impact the engine performance?
3. SA claims that this oil is better and can last long and next oil change should be done only at 15,000 KM interval. is it true?
4. Do I need to bring this to the Maruti Regional office notice?
Engine oil grade used earlier in Swift-D was 15W40(mineral) which has now been changed to 5W40(synthetic) for the new swift D.
0W40 is not the recommended grade, ask for a replacement immediately.

Last edited by F150 : 3rd September 2012 at 16:19. Reason: Added info
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:50   #2402
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Thanks F150! The car has been driven for 350 KMs, i hope that didn't cause any damage. Have to report this to the regional office.
mTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:51   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need a few clarifications for the grade of Engine oil used in Swift (new):
During the 3rd service of 2012 Swift VDI , 0W40 grade Engine oil was used instead of the recommended 5W40 oil by the MASS.
2. Using the oil 5W40 (MOBIL1) grade by another MASS in the future services will impact the engine performance?
3. SA claims that this oil is better and can last long and next oil change should be done only at 15,000 KM interval. is it true?
This might help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...5w40-5w40.html (Maruti Circular on Swift Engine Oil : Change from 15W40 to 5W40)

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 3rd September 2012 at 17:54.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:48   #2404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1) It is fine
2) Though Mobil 1 is not a 100% diesel oil, it can be used. Mobil Delvac 1 is the right oil for diesels.
3) Nope oil change stick to manufacturer's schedule
4) Not really, if its done by a MASS it will anyways be in the system.

0W40 will give you better protection at lower temp, sub zero temps which is really not useful in India.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 13:39   #2405
BHPian

[quote=goandude;2102109]The picture of the EGR valve is seen here DM's Maruti Suzuki Swift Vdi: Problem with the EGR valve and only battery and air box has been removed.

Hi Team-BHPians,

I joined Team-BHP recently and this happens to be my maiden post.

While going through a forum here on Swift (diesel) I came across this reference to my own blog (http://dmandhismarutisuzukiswiftvdi.blogspot.in/) which I have been maintaining on my Swift Vdi ever since I bought it Oct 2007. My Swift has clocked 45,000 km so far and I must say that my experience with this car has been more than satisfying.

Though I joined Team-BHP just a few days ago, I have been following various forums, user reviews, etc., with keen interest for a long time. I now look for'd to closer interaction with fellow Team-BHPians.
debuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 16:59   #2406
Senior - BHPian

[quote=debuda;2903402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The picture of the EGR valve is seen here DM's Maruti Suzuki Swift Vdi: Problem with the EGR valve and only battery and air box has been removed.

Hi Team-BHPians,

I joined Team-BHP recently and this happens to be my maiden post.
Welcome to the forum. I had read your blog with interest and hopefully you will be an important contributor to the forum. However could i suggest you introduce yourself in the similarly named thread.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 16:05   #2407
BHPian

Facing one peculiar problem in my dzire clocked 1,29,887 km. When vehicle clocked at 87,000 km i heard whistling sound. At the time of servicing at 90,000 km when I discussed this problem with MASS advisor, after trial he came to conclusion that this sound is due to one of the injector being chocked. He also requested me not to touch this component unless troubling as they are very delicate. New injectors are costing 12k INR, and if i take my car to Bausch service centre they will charge me around 4.5k INR. He also mentioned if FE drops drastically then we will try and get it clean from Bausch till that please bear this noise. But recently this noise has increased a lot. As i revv, noise increases. In my recent trip to Ladakh i got overall FE 19.5 kmpl. I am not at all conveince with MASS advisor that this noise is because of fuel injector.
Can experts advise me, what is causing this whistling noise and how to get rid of this.
Achilless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:08   #2408
BHPian

@Achilless
Is there a lot of black smoke when you accelerate? Are you noticing a slow drop in mileage?

A whistling noise (which has increased over time) indicates turbo trouble. If it is a turbo issue there is not much you can do as only solution is to replace the turbo. I do not know how much a Swift turbo costs. Previous gen Hyundai Verna's (1.5 CRDi) Turbo costs Rs. 65,000. Since Verna Turbo is a VGT so I guess Swift's must cost close to Rs. 30K to 40K as it is of FGT variety,
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:13   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
Facing one peculiar problem in my dzire clocked 1,29,887 km. When vehicle clocked at 87,000 km i heard whistling sound. At the time of servicing at 90,000 km when I discussed this problem with MASS advisor, after trial he came to conclusion that this sound is due to one of the injector being chocked. He also requested me not to touch this component unless troubling as they are very delicate. New injectors are costing 12k INR, and if i take my car to Bausch service centre they will charge me around 4.5k INR. He also mentioned if FE drops drastically then we will try and get it clean from Bausch till that please bear this noise. But recently this noise has increased a lot. As i revv, noise increases. In my recent trip to Ladakh i got overall FE 19.5 kmpl. I am not at all conveince with MASS advisor that this noise is because of fuel injector.
Can experts advise me, what is causing this whistling noise and how to get rid of this.
Seems to be turbo issue.
You are still getting 19.5KMPL after 1.30 LKM. I don't think choked injector will give you such mileage. Also, injectors inject fuel in a the engine in pulse so there should not be whistling sound from choked injector.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 11:10   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
@Achilless
Is there a lot of black smoke when you accelerate? Are you noticing a slow drop in mileage?

A whistling noise (which has increased over time) indicates turbo trouble. If it is a turbo issue there is not much you can do as only solution is to replace the turbo. I do not know how much a Swift turbo costs. Previous gen Hyundai Verna's (1.5 CRDi) Turbo costs Rs. 65,000. Since Verna Turbo is a VGT so I guess Swift's must cost close to Rs. 30K to 40K as it is of FGT variety,

There is neither black smoke nor FE has reduced. In city limits in mumbai in bumper to bumper traffic i usually gets FE around 16-17 kmpl. And on highways if i go below 120km/hr i get FE around 20-21 kmpl. if i go beyond 120 then FE is around 18-19kmpl. Yesterday as u adviced i checked whether there is black smoke but in vain. Hence called up MASS guy to know the cost of Turbo, again he told me that there is no problem in Turbo, but in injector.
As archat68 mentioned that injector injects fuel in the Engine in pulse, but MASS guy is seems to be disagreeing to this. According to him as u take motion and accelerates fuel injects as higher speed, hence the noise. I dont buy this statement.
Old 24th September 2012, 12:54   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
There is neither black smoke nor FE has reduced. In city limits in mumbai in bumper to bumper traffic i usually gets FE around 16-17 kmpl. And on highways if i go below 120km/hr i get FE around 20-21 kmpl. if i go beyond 120 then FE is around 18-19kmpl. Yesterday as u adviced i checked whether there is black smoke but in vain. Hence called up MASS guy to know the cost of Turbo, again he told me that there is no problem in Turbo, but in injector.
As archat68 mentioned that injector injects fuel in the Engine in pulse, but MASS guy is seems to be disagreeing to this. According to him as u take motion and accelerates fuel injects as higher speed, hence the noise. I dont buy this statement.
Take it to another MASS.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 17:58   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Take it to another MASS.
Just had word with the MASS i went to, He said this error has been diagnosed by one of the maruti silver belt person. And we need to work on injector. As u adviced i will surely go to different MASS and will show them the problem. Thanks Pal.
Old 1st October 2012, 11:08   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Delvac MX - Rs 1100
Delvac 1 - Rs 3700
Any reliable place in and around South Bangalore than I can buy a 5ltr can of Devlac MX. JC road is also fine with me.

Thanks
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 22:09   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Default 60000km service

Hi All,

My VDI went for the 60000km service on saturday and the cost was 9500.

The only major complaint I had was the metal noise which arises when turbo comes to life.

The additional billing was for wiper and mud flaps and additional labour for removing a dent from bumper (Rs 120)

I used to get a bill of 6k for 20k and 40k service but after maruti has increased labour and spares cost the bill has moved up to 9k which is think is a good amount of increase.7.5k would have been reasonable.It is my thought rest i leave it to you.

Saw some post talking about EGR what is that?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 12:20   #2415
BHPian

This is from my Swift VDi which has done 32000 Kms. Recently, I noticed this. Is there anything wrong with the way this hose is fitted? why is that blue washer kind of thing loose? There is dust sticking in the area indicated by the arrow. Is it some kind of a leak?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-image173.jpg  

aks2010 is offline   Reply With Quote