Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th December 2012, 15:23   #2491
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

If its 3.5k kms its more than enough. Just go with fuel from a different filling station for now and report if there is a difference.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 17:48   #2492
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Also I have always observed that the turbo kick is less vicious after a service. This I have attributed to the fact that the engine is so rev friendly that it stays in the 2 k to 3.2 k rpm band for a shorter time as it revs away to 4 k faster, thus giving a psychological feeling of the turbo kick being less vicious.
After I did my 40k service 2 months back, experienced a similar problem, Without using the clutch the car would not move freely in 1st gear like before. In mall ramp's it use to shudder and not move freely in 1st gear unless rev hard. Took it back to the MASS and the SA had asked me to do carbon cleaning and this can solve the problem it seems. Planning to do it in my next service and see how it helps.

Last edited by BulZire : 6th December 2012 at 17:53.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 20:29   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire
After I did my 40k service 2 months back, experienced a similar problem, Without using the clutch the car would not move freely in 1st gear like before. In mall ramp's it use to shudder and not move freely in 1st gear unless rev hard. Took it back to the MASS and the SA had asked me to do carbon cleaning and this can solve the problem it seems. Planning to do it in my next service and see how it helps.
I will also get it checked @ MASS,but any idea why there was no issues before the service and this came up only after the service.
If a decarbonise needs to be done I will get it done immediately as I m getting really irritated by this.
Will refuel from a different pump tomorrow and check how is it and then take a call.
Bdw any idea how would decarbonise help in this issue as suggested by the SA.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 20:48   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I will also get it checked @ MASS,but any idea why there was no issues before the service and this came up only after the service.
If a decarbonise needs to be done I will get it done immediately as I m getting really irritated by this.
Will refuel from a different pump tomorrow and check how is it and then take a call.
Bdw any idea how would decarbonise help in this issue as suggested by the SA.

Cheers
First thing - I would check for a clogged air filter.
Second - I would check for any blocks in the fuel lines.

De-carnbonise is waste of money, IMHO. SA is saying can resolve, he is not saying will resolve. Classic case of trying everything one after the other there by creating a good bill for the customer.

Erratic RPMS indicates insufficient fuel supply or bad clutch, from my pulsar days. I am not sure how correct this is. Jaggu can confirm
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 20:55   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
First thing - I would check for a clogged air filter.
Second - I would check for any blocks in the fuel lines.

De-carnbonise is waste of money, IMHO. SA is saying can resolve, he is not saying will resolve. Classic case of trying everything one after the other there by creating a good bill for the customer.

Erratic RPMS indicates insufficient fuel supply or bad clutch, from my pulsar days. I am not sure how correct this is. Jaggu can confirm
Ya , air filter is brand new replaced @ 40 k service ,after the service only the problem started.

Any pointers how to check for blocks in fuel line and bad clutch .

Also , before i refiill diesel do the need to wait till the tank becomes almost empty ?
cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 6th December 2012 at 21:19.
Old 6th December 2012, 23:06   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
I used to face this sudden loss of power @100 kmph. This was accompanied by white smoke from the exhaust as well (a few times). This was diagnosed to oil in the intercooler caused by overfilling the engine oil. After that, I make sure that they put in no more than 3 litres (instead of 3.1 litres) and the problem has never come back.

Did you check the engine oil level? Is it over the max mark or very close to it?

And, did they do intercooler cleaning during the service?
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 23:10   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep

I used to face this sudden loss of power @100 kmph. This was accompanied by white smoke from the exhaust as well (a few times). This was diagnosed to oil in the intercooler caused by overfilling the engine oil. After that, I make sure that they put in no more than 3 litres (instead of 3.1 litres) and the problem has never come back.

Did you check the engine oil level? Is it over the max mark or very close to it?

And, did they do intercooler cleaning during the service?
No Rajdeep, the intercooler was not touched.
Would check the engine oil levels first thing tomorrow morning.
Bdw it was very nice meeting you @ Evo's
Cheers
Old 7th December 2012, 11:50   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Today in the morning i noticed one more thing.
The rpm levels are high , @ idle is around 800 which i guess is normal, but earlier in 2nd gear when i used to touch 40kmph the rpm used be around 2k mark but today i noticed it to be around 2.3k mark, same in the same case of the 3rd and 4th gear while touching speeds of 60 and 80 respectively .

Not sure why is this ?

Cheers
Old 7th December 2012, 13:07   #2499
Team-BHP Support

Good idea to get the clutch checked, for slippage. Try accelerating in lower gears and see if the engine is free revving too much.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 13:09   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Today in the morning i noticed one more thing.
The rpm levels are high , @ idle is around 800 which i guess is normal, but earlier in 2nd gear when i used to touch 40kmph the rpm used be around 2k mark but today i noticed it to be around 2.3k mark, same in the same case of the 3rd and 4th gear while touching speeds of 60 and 80 respectively .

Not sure why is this ?

Cheers
Get the clutch checked.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 17:47   #2501
BHPian

Quote:

No Rajdeep, the intercooler was not touched.
Would check the engine oil levels first thing tomorrow morning.
Bdw it was very nice meeting you @ Evo's
Cheers
It was nice meeting you as well!

I generally get the intercooler cleaned at every service in order to keep it free from any blockage and prevent this problem. As fir the increased rpm at speed, you need to get the clutch checked as pointed out by Jaggu and Archat.
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 19:26   #2502
BHPian

Guys, need a quick help. My swift's service light is not turning off automatically before cranking. However, it does turn off once the engine starts. The battery is new (less than 1.5 yr old, replaced last year).
I have a long drive coming up tomorrow. Should I be worried with this issue? Car is behaving perfectly normal otherwise.
Is there a way to reset the error code ourself without taking it to MASS?
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 20:36   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover
Guys, need a quick help. My swift's service light is not turning off automatically before cranking. However, it does turn off once the engine starts. The battery is new (less than 1.5 yr old, replaced last year).
I have a long drive coming up tomorrow. Should I be worried with this issue? Car is behaving perfectly normal otherwise.
Is there a way to reset the error code ourself without taking it to MASS?
If this is the first time you are facing this , please get it checked to be on the safer side.
I regularly face this and every time I get it checked they are not able find root cause neither it records any error codes, last 2 times i had faced this issue it got fixed by it own after driving for about 15-20 days.
I read somewhere it could be something related to the immobiliser .
But still get it checked to be on the safer side

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 13:29   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Just came back from MASS after getting the car checked and as per them the clutch seems to fine and my SA told me it could be some issue with sensor near the air filter.
So cleaned the air filter and the sensor near the air filter and asked me to drive for a few days and checked.
As per him if there is an issue with sensor,airflow will not be proper which results in higher rpms , not sure how true is that. Does it make sense ?

Anyways have refuelled from IOC coco pump,so will drive for few days and see if there is any change and report accordingly.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:06   #2505
Senior - BHPian

I tried starting my swift ddis today evening but it didn't like it was low on battery. All the lights came up as soon as I had turned the ignition key to on but the fuel tank needle didn't budge.

The oil and service light came and went off like usual but the fuel tank needle stayed where it was (like how it is when the car is off).

The car is a May 2010 purchase so not sure if it's a battery issue this soon or some connection loose somewhere.

I came back from a 100 km highway drive yesterday and today evening was when I tried to crank it after that.

Does the fuel needle not moving give any hint to anybody?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote