Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th March 2009, 20:16   #511
BHPian

Hi friends, I am shortly going for service post 30,000 km, please advice if engine flushing is advisable and of real benefit, I read in some western forums that its just a waste of money, any suggestions here ?

Plus, a lot of rattle is there from doors and bonnet, how can that be fixed?
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 20:58   #512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Hi friends, I am shortly going for service post 30,000 km, please advice if engine flushing is advisable and of real benefit, I read in some western forums that its just a waste of money, any suggestions here ?

Plus, a lot of rattle is there from doors and bonnet, how can that be fixed?
The flush will remove some amount of soot from the oil system, for approx 6000 bucks for a can of flush (MGP) it is ok. Dont expect major gains, its more of minor clean up.

Regarding rattles, ask the workshop to stuff in some additional padding inside the door pads, and maybe set the door hinges and locks.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 21:06   #513
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
for approx 6000 bucks for a can of flush (MGP) it is ok.
I think there is an extra zero in that number both wurth and OWS cost around the same-600Rs
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 21:46   #514
Team-BHP Support

How much oil does the engine take in if the oil filter is not changed? Not too happy with the oil the service center used this time so going for a change. Would be getting it done outside.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 22:44   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I think there is an extra zero in that number both wurth and OWS cost around the same-600Rs
Yup read as 600 bucks Thanks rippergeo.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 22:46   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How much oil does the engine take in if the oil filter is not changed? Not too happy with the oil the service center used this time so going for a change. Would be getting it done outside.
Why would you change Oil without changing the filter at the same time? I think it will take close to 3 litres of engine oil, though A.S.S routinely charges for 3.5 litres.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 22:55   #517
Team-BHP Support

Its been driven from the service station to the house with the new filter thats why wanted to retain it.

Also, I have gotten oil replaced in front of me everytime and 3.5 l actually goes in. But all of that was with the filter change. Will not changing the filter affect the quantity ?
Old 18th March 2009, 23:12   #518

Quote:
Its been driven from the service station to the house with the new filter thats why wanted to retain it.

Also, I have gotten oil replaced in front of me everytime and 3.5 l actually goes in. But all of that was with the filter change. Will not changing the filter affect the quantity ?
3.5 liters is too much. manual says 3.1 methinks. and I think there is a circular from maruti saying that overfilling damages the turbo. please check before you fill.
Not changing the filter will not affect the volume taken in by a large amount. The only extra amount that is taken in by the dry filter will be somewhat less than the total volume of the actual filtering material, right? Cant be much.
Filling according to dispstick level is safer isnt it? rather than relying on absolute volume.

I'm at a loss to say exactly how many ml though.
Old 19th March 2009, 01:18   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Without oil filter it is 2.9ltr, with oil filter it is 3.2ltr.
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 10:29   #520
BHPian

To All - Thanks a ton for your replies
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:56   #521
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu,

Noticed the service light was not switching off after I turn the ignition once. It does not glow once the car starts.

What could be the issue here ? Nothing was done on the car lately except fill fuel from a new bunk.
Old 4th April 2009, 07:05   #522

Quote:
Jaggu,

Noticed the service light was not switching off after I turn the ignition once. It does not glow once the car starts.

What could be the issue here ? Nothing was done on the car lately except fill fuel from a new bunk.
That happened to me when the MAF sensor was disconnected and the engine started. Hook up the OBD and you might see what the problem is.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:57   #523
BHPian

Hi Guys, what's the usual life of the brake pads in a Swift? I know this would change based on driving styles but as an indicator.
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 11:39   #524
BHPian

I have covered 40k kms and they are still going strong. Got them checked recently at the 40k service.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 11:48   #525
BHPian

I just happened to have a sudden hard braking situation, I realised that only the front left wheel locked. Tested some hard braking on a deserted road, same situation. Uneven locking, car moving around even at 60 Kmph. I never faced such an situation before. And yes I am running on Yokohama S drives 205-55-R15. I suspect it's something to do with the braking. Any pointers before I go to the service station on Monday for the 45K service will be very useful.
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote