Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th December 2007, 10:18   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Check the "child lock" switch --- it will be visible somewhere near the locking mechanism on the edge of the open door.

Having never used it, that's the best description I can give. Its one of those things one tends not to think of.
Yep, I am damn sure that is the "problem". It is a smallish switch located on midway on the portion of the door that comes in contact with the chassis when the door is closed. The button might have gotten pressed while cleaning or something..
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 11:55   #77
Team-BHP Support

child lock seems the obvious reason for door not opening.

power window - check the connectors to the switch it might be loose, simple job and if switch is conked you can get it replaced under warranty.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 12:02   #78
BHPian

Well, I've been stumped by this one (child lock) before. It's an embarassing story but what the heck .

Wondered how on earth only my right door can't be opened from the inside, began to think remote locking's screwed something up. Propmtly, drove straight into Bimal on my way to work. The guy listens patiently to me and then opens the door and shows me the child lock 'ON'. Luckily I also had a problem with the boot not closing properly, so the guy by then had got busy with that and I got time to get over how stupid I might have sounded to him
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:04   #79
BHPian

Yes it is child lock only. I have experienced it after the vehicle is returned from the service. They made it on for Rear Right door alone.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 13:06   #80
BHPian

Thanks! will check it in lunch time and let you know but i am scared of one thing, all my doors are damped with sound deadner might have to remove them and each door's damping costed me 1250. :-(Oh my God

Last edited by Gill : 12th December 2007 at 13:23.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 22:34   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't be so embarrassed! I nearly took the car in over the front power window not working. Of course, it was the cutout switch.

I never thought of it because I thought it affected the back windows only, not the front, passenger side window.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 15:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I took it to the dealer the second day, complaining that the auto power down wasn't working always. This, after checking with another friend who has a VXi. The service advisor was stumped as well, until we all were shown how to operate it properly by a mechanic.

Some days you are the crow, some days you are the statue...Can't help
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 15:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Yes it is child lock only. .... They made it on for Rear Right door alone.
That's really strange.
What if the child is on the left side of the rear seat?
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 15:38   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
That's really strange.
Whats so strange about that? There is one for each door at the back.

Have them both in the locked position, and no one can open the door from the inside at the back. Comes on almost all cars, i believe. My relative has the same on his Alto in the child-locked state.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 16:24   #85
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Yes it is child lock only. I have experienced it after the vehicle is returned from the service. They made it on for Rear Right door alone.
Buddy, check out once again on the left door. It is (has) to be there on both the rear doors else it won't serve its purpose.

Here goes my story...
This locking scenario happened with me also. It was just 2 days since I had purchased my car(first) and I had fitted the Remote-locking system.
My Wife was on the rear seat and trie opening the door from inside but was not able to do so. I was shocked. New car and this problem.
I tried opening the door from outside and was able to do that.
After repeating this phenomenon a couple of times, I was sure that this mucst be some security feature, but couldn't figure out it was of car or the Remote-locking.
Then on closely inspecting the rear door, I found a small switch, i changed its position and voila...it was behaving normal....
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 16:31   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
That's really strange.
blorebuddy, I misunderstood your statement to mean that the car comes equipped with child safety lock only on the rear right door. My apologies for the mistake.

Last edited by directinjection : 13th December 2007 at 16:32.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 15:45   #87
BHPian

Thanks, alot for inputs.There was a lock on the rear window,just changed the key loaction,now every thing is working fine.I had a smile on my face when i realised the reason for the problem.What should i do about the powerwindow which stoped working for a while and now working fine.
Thanks again.
Cheers!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 16:05   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
What should i do about the powerwindow which stoped working for a while and now working fine.
Gill, if the problem resurfaces again, take it to the service center. Else, assume it was a momentary glitch and carry on with life.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 16:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I do it also, this time didnt do it since it was supposed to be a quickie

When an error code is registered, the service light will stay ON till you crank, ie one or more error code was registered by the system. So if further error codes are thrown in afterwards, one cannot notice the same through the light.

Hence clear off error code using Tech 2 (after fixing the issue), then on service light will switch off on cranking, and if anything new pops up it will stay ON till cranked. Further if something is really wrong will keep glowing even if the engine is running.

Basically the system keeps a tab of all error codes till its cleared manually using Tech 2. In my case it showed 4 times the radiator fan error code, since i would have idled the car 4 times with AC on and a blown AC radiator fuse.
Hmm ok seems logical, but is this written anywhere in the manual ? I mean how do I convince the service guy, he may not be knowing this !
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 16:37   #90
Team-BHP Support

This is something an electrical guy trained by MUL SHOULD know, or else beg them, plead them and get the Tech 2 connected and ask them to go to >> scan and then to >> error codes.

Then see what its showing, and then clear it off, there is an option which says "clear error code" hit that and thou car shall be fine.

Manual if you read through there might be mention of "water in diesel" and "service light", refer that.

I too had a tough time convincing first time at RNS Hosur and had to run around the premises to find a diesel car, finally found it in their yard, which helped me prove the point

ATVB !!
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote