Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th December 2009, 11:24   #1051
BHPian

I have noticed light dimming and slower performance by power windows off late,Even with a hazard lights on, Cabin light flickers with it.Charged the battery at the last servide, but the situation is the same.I have no ICE since last 7 months.
Waht could be remedy?Battery change?Car is 2.6 yrs old.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 11:30   #1052
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
I have noticed light dimming and slower performance by power windows off late,Even with a hazard lights on, Cabin light flickers with it.Charged the battery at the last servide, but the situation is the same.I have no ICE since last 7 months.
Waht could be remedy?Battery change?Car is 2.6 yrs old.
I think, it's quite normal, when the car gets any older than brand new.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 14:03   #1053
Team-BHP Support

Get a kind of airy puff puff phat sound at 1800-2000 rpm lately. Should I be worried ? It occurs almost 80% of the times and started when I was alarmingly close to an empty tank and was driving to get to my favourite fuel bunk !
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 15:45   #1054
BHPian

What is recommended avg battery life for swift?I will soon be installing Audio system, that shall put mre load on the battery,leading to head light diming on bass notes.To cover it up, I am looking for a solution.

Last edited by Gill : 19th December 2009 at 15:46.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:15   #1055
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Get a kind of airy puff puff phat sound at 1800-2000 rpm lately. Should I be worried ? It occurs almost 80% of the times and started when I was alarmingly close to an empty tank and was driving to get to my favourite fuel bunk !
Might be air lock in the pump, get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
What is recommended avg battery life for swift?I will soon be installing Audio system, that shall put mre load on the battery,leading to head light diming on bass notes.To cover it up, I am looking for a solution.
0-7 years Get the car to a battery dealer and they will do a free check up of your battery and charging, including electrolyte top up and check on the gravity of electrolyte. As far as bass note dimming is concerned, my understanding is capacitors take care of this issue. Search in audio section.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 16:25   #1056
BHPian

JI.I hope there won't be any issues(service light and other stuff) in removing the battery and then putting it up after charge from loacal battery dealer.
I will take care about the audio thing.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:51   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Being myself a Ritzian I always think the swift ians are our elder brothers by heart and the circulatory system. I mean to say we both use the same fist engine which is the succesful Diesel Engine. So your reports and reviews will help your siblings Ritzians.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 20:06   #1058
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Might be air lock in the pump, get it checked.
Will this air lock result in the sound only in the particular RPM range ? And what is the fix ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 19:26   #1059
Team-BHP Support

Yes it will cause the sound and you need to ask the technicians to bleed the diesel line.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:58   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Dear Eddy,

Airlock has to be cleared. It happens at time when the tank gets empty at about to be empty. In this regard, we the diesel ians should be careful. We must fill the fuel before it comes to the lowest bar indicator in Ritz. It happened to me in Indica. Better take to Mass at the earliest better to MSM.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:23   #1061
BHPian

Guys, tomorrow I'm going for 40K service of my Swift diesel. What would be the major things to be taken care of apart from oil and filter changes?
PS: Wheel alignment and balancing already done as I recently changed my tyres. And brakes also don't need cleaning as they were too replaced only 2 weeks back.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:22   #1062
Team-BHP Support

I think that covers the regular jobs unless you have any specific issues with the car. Also a good idea to check the front struts, if they need a minor overhaul and lubrication. Mind you with this you will have to once again do a wheel alignment.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:53   #1063
Senior - BHPian

@asethi - You may need to change the coolant too. Also the transmission and brake oil. Air filter/Fuel filter change is also there in the mandatory list of changes in 40K service.

There is no need for lubrication of suspension parts for swift D and is totally waste of time and money(As advised by the GM of service in my MASS). I have not done it so far and have had no issues with suspension despite some aggressive driving on speed barkers and bad roads.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:17   #1064
Team-BHP Support

If you regularly do underbody wash then struts dont need maintenance, otherwise it is definitely a good idea. Trust my experience with this
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:36   #1065
BHPian

Finally I gave it today for service. All the fluids (engine/gearbox/brake oil and coolant) and filters (fuel/air filter) are slated for change. They have also added some 3M additives for engine oil and gear oil. Total estimate they have given me so far is around 7.5K (3M additives alone cost 560x2 = 1120).
And one interesting thing, while I was giving my car for service, the service center manager (Pratham Motors) came to me and said 'You belong to team-bhp? And is this LTD sticker has been provided by them?' I replied 'Yes!'. He then told he had seen 4 cars since morning with LTD sticker! Team-Bhp is really getting popular by the day!

Last edited by asethi : 23rd December 2009 at 14:41.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote