Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th December 2007, 15:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggu
But seriously nitrous, how do you guys manage?
when in rome, be a roman
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 17:06   #107
Team-BHP Support

Red face Maruti Cutomer care and a Coorg trip

Am impressed with Maruti and RNS for taking things very seriously to improve customer satisfaction, i had sent the feedback forms with ratings of 7 in some places couple of weeks back. Last weekend i got a call asking for me to give an appointment from RNS Bangalore.

Today morning as scheduled the person calls me and comes to my office, to my surprise a mech is also with him and they requested me to check the car. They did a quick check of fluids, fan belts etc etc and left the business card to contact.

Apparently RNS is taking any feedback less than 8 very seriously.. hmm

They have started a 2 hour express service also, so planning to avail the same for a (out of routine) 15k kms service and oil change, should happen in a month i guess.

Bangalore - Coorg - Bangalore trip went without a fuss from the car, apart from the huge nail which thankfully didnt leave a puncture One thing is very evident, car rides very bad at low speeds over broken patches, and loves to zoom over them any day. But yes car doesnt feel game to severe bashing as my iKON used to.

Had to do a pretty steep climb (seemed like car is gonna flip kinda climb) with 6 people and trecking gear and i was impressed with the torque at offer, never fell off the band at low gears. Though if i had pushed it a lil more would have gone to some nasty traction issues. Ground clearance also is OK if you tread the path carefully.

Mileage was 19.5+ kmpl with all the ghat driving put together
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 17:15   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Mileage was 19.5+ kmpl
Nice!!! I so badly want to go back to Coorg too. Dont think it will happen anytime soon though.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 16:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
They have started a 2 hour express service also, so planning to avail the same for a (out of routine) 15k kms service and oil change, should happen in a month i guess.
Jaggu, is it really necessary to go in for a 15 K service? Was planning to skip it and wait till I hit 20 K but now confused on seeing your post and just want to know whether it would be advisable to send it in for a service. Apart from the oil change, anything else in particular you wanted to check?

OT: Btw, remember reading somewhere that you take the Coimbatore - Palakad route to enter Kerala. I used to do the same too till I checked out Cochin - calicut - wyanad - mysore - bangalore, the last weekend and it was so much more fun, especially the part of driving through the forest and the ghats
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:35   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Whilst the car is under warranty you should take every service by the book, and at Maruti service station too. Anything else and the warranty may be void.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:46   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Jaggu, is it really necessary to go in for a 15 K service? Was planning to skip it and wait till I hit 20 K but now confused on seeing your post and just want to know whether it would be advisable to send it in for a service. Apart from the oil change, anything else in particular you wanted to check?
You can actually do the service at 20k kms since for Swift Diesel service interval is at 10k, though dealer would say 5 k lol. I wanted to do an oil change and since service is possible over 2 hours why not a quick check up thats all. Yes i will be doing wheel alignment from Madhu's afterwards since last time was at around 7500 kms mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
OT: Btw, remember reading somewhere that you take the Coimbatore - Palakad route to enter Kerala. I used to do the same too till I checked out Cochin - calicut - wyanad - mysore - bangalore, the last weekend and it was so much more fun, especially the part of driving through the forest and the ghats
I have done that route also many times but avoid it if my destination is Palakad itself, since i can get there much faster via comby
Old 4th January 2008, 00:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

Dealers will say anything, but you need not service the car before 10k, even MSIL recommends the same. I am running on synthetic oil, so i dont need to go for a oil change at 15k kms.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 10:22   #113
Team-BHP Support

Hey normal oil also doesnt need change at 5k kms as per MUL, am just doing it coz am lil nuts
Old 4th January 2008, 22:56   #114
BHPian

hi everybody! just wonderin if anyone is using PETEs performance products n the GREEN filter..
yamdoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2008, 12:49   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
hi everybody! just wonderin if anyone is using PETEs performance products n the GREEN filter..
BUSA has installed in his Swift and you can read about it in the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ter-added.html
rohithdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 12:20   #116
Team-BHP Support

Unhappy Sachin here i come

And the lights came back yesterday evening, to add to a very bad day that i had!! I am talking about the service lights, ODO reading 15,1** kms.

Snowhite just wont let me drive her without the mandatory reminder, for the service interval Last time it was around 10k mark and now at 15k, yes the AC radiator circuit fuse is BLOWN!! AGAIN !!

I think this time ill go for the fan replacement, anyways was planning to take her to RNS for routine check and oil change (yup i had planned to replace it at 5k intervals). This weekend i dont think ill get time so maybe an appointment for next weekend.

Meanwhile something on cosmetic damage, which was to happen at one point or other.

The lido cinema car park managed to leave some scars on snowhite. Had parked it on that jazzy lift thingie and as per the rules left the key with the attendants, came back and the car had been moved and parked at the level 1.

Next day while washing saw a scar about 3 inch high and 10 inch in length red scratch!! luckily the 3M rubbing paste did the trick. Then i noticed the real scar, the rear LT door had a minor dent running vertical 3 feet in length (its minor and will be seen only at careful inspection but nevertheless a DENT), and that was one door which didnt have any of those notorious dings swifts are prone to.

Will not be doing anything for the dent now since its very minor BUT the issue with the fuse has to be solved, no matter what.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th February 2008 at 12:22.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:45   #117
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the experience. Will never take my cars to Lido from now on.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 17:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

I was going to ask you what your bad experience at Lido was(since you mentioned it in the mall thread) - thanks for updating, Ain't taking Honeygold anywhere near there.

I am nearing the 15k mark as well, and being nuts like you, it's fluid change time for my car too.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 18:03   #119
BHPian

Kuttapan, so Jaggu did get to you huh , convinced you on the 15 K oil change.

Jaggu, sorry to hear about the dent, fortunately it's just minor. Have been pretty mistrustful of valet parking lately, friends/occupants sometimes find it irritating but my point is that for someone else parking your car, it's just another car while it's way more than that to the owner. Unless you run into someone (valet parking) who's so passionate about cars that his evening job is parking cool cars at some swanky hotel *smile*. fine, I admit that was one of my childhood fantasies.

Last edited by RufRoc : 8th February 2008 at 18:10.
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 22:04   #120
Team-BHP Support

Thumbs down Update 15,000 kms and service and repair done

Drama, drama and more drama! Why me!

Car had done 15,000 kms and was contemplating the service when the service light came on to make sure i dont change my mind.

So call up and fixed an express service for last weekend, and specifically instructed i be given my fav service engineer. Friday i get an sms with name of another service adviser. So its saturday and am at 830am sharp at RNS Yeshwanthpur. Yeah i think am nuts to drive 20 kms to get a service done!

Since i insisted on service adviser, i had to take the pain of waiting for almost 45 mts since he was not informed or allocated. All well i give him the list of things to do.

Oil change
AC radiator fuse blowing issue
Adjust fog lights
Rattle?

Opted out of washing since it takes more time and am not very impressed with the way they wash also.

Car taken to workshop, and am waiting, came out for a smoke after 20 mts and saw that car is parked in bay as it is!! So i requested the serv adviser (who is busy taking other cars) and move to workshop floor.

Went down and saw one apprentice kid, topping up fluids (which were already full), so i started guiding him as to what needs topping and what doesnt. Another mech comes takes the car and hoist it for Oil change (no oil filter). I again had to do my bit like opening the oil filler cap etc to facilitate the complete oil drain etc. Didnt mind it since i figured out that these guys do it for a job and not out of passion.

So thats done and now the AC fuse is the only pending thing, car moved to electrical bay. And then the wait starts, yaaawn. The electrician is running between zillion cars and he finds time to remove the duse box in between and figure out the fuse is blown. I explained to him the history, he says the radiator fan is the culprit and needs replacement. This will take some time since it has to be ordered. So as a temp fix fuse can be replaced, i agree.

Funny work flow, this fuse has to be supplied by the original team of mechs from the stores, so this takes an amazing 40 mts!! Its already 4 hours in total. So finally the fuse is fixed and battery and stuff fitted. I insist that the error codes be cleared since i felt 1 km drop in FE since the fuse blew and service light. Shuv you listening coincidence, paranoid ya karma.

Am waiting and then some joker of a floor supervisor comes and ticks of something in the job card and calls my service adviser and informs car is ready. He comes and was about to take the car, when i informed him that the job is not complete and i am waiting for electrician to do the error code thing, fog lights and what about rattle?

Service guy gets furious and yells at the floor supervisor and mechs and apologize to me. I tell him it ok, and then he gets the electrician who is very displeased and comes and announce the fog lights cant be adjusted and to show me, puts hand under the bumper and doesn something, with no use. I told him to forget it and do the error code, again he mumbles something to service adviser and with lot of pain get the tech 2 and cleans the error list.

I try to get him to relax by friendly conversation and tell him that ill leave car for a day or two next time so that he gets all the time in the world to fix fan.

So car is taken out and i goto billing with the service adviser, and then i notice the parts include Oil filer, which i know was not replaced. Ser adviser checks and ask the billing to make changes. Now billing lady gets up and walks with job card to sen manager service, he summons the service adviser and after some time, he summons me down to his cabin!! BIG MISTAKE!!

He interrogates me, BIGGER MISTAKE!! issue is i had booked for 15,000 kms service, so they have an estimate and the bill doesnt match (its half), reason i opted out of washing and then the fiasco with oil filter etc. I patiently listened but our man was acting as if he is the BOSS!! Wrong Customer is the BOSS!! So i decided to give him a piece of mind.

Started off with the way in which appointment was messed up, then moved on to the lack of coordination and time wasted by not attending to the car, which forced the customer to personally move to the floor and supervise. He caught that point and started blaming serv adviser (since he allowed me on to floor), so i said it was me who insisted since i saw the car was not being attended and due to the bad issue of things being stolen from car. Anyways after 5 mts of full rev from me the works manager apologizes.

Apology accepted and move on. Bill was: 1000 odd bucks. Oil, Fuse and labor of 250 bucks. Take car out drive for 5 kms and blown fuse again !!!

So called up, lucky for me serv adviser informed me that they have a fan in another unit and can get it in a day or two, so fixed an appointment for wednesday and moved on.

Ok looonggggggg post and its dinner time, so swalpa wait.