Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st April 2010, 16:02   #1246
BHPian

What you say is kind of what i hear, so it makes sense that it might be a wet pad. Will keep a tab on this and see. Thanks.
NFS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 16:08   #1247
Team-BHP Support

Yep, sounds like wet brakes to me too.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:59   #1248
BHPian

i have driven my swift ldi , over 45000km in the last 2 years, till now it has undergone a turbo change under warranty , brake tee change under warranty. rest all seems to be doing well.
now i started to hear a rumbling noise from under the front undercarriage when ever i cross a rough strip of road, when i was talking of this to my jeep mechanic at m&m , he checked and told me that the steering ends and suspension ends are gone and need to be replaced, has anyone faced a similiar problem?
also now i started to get black smoke when ever the turbo comes into play, what could be the reasons?

i recently saw the advert of maruti with the swift racing in the raid de himalayas. i was quite surprised as when ever we have taken it off the road even a little , we ended in a mess , specially what the himachal and j&k roads routinely throw up at you , so what are the mods that would be needed to make a diesel swift suitable for some soft roading as well?
i hope this is not very off topic, if so kindly shift this ou tto the relevant thread, but i was unable to find one for the same.
docfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:27   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Default My Swift VDi 30K service

I have just given my VDi for 30K kms service in Surakshaa, Bommanahalli. Had couple of problems [minor] as listed below.

1. My left fog lamp was gone and got it replaced some 5000 kms back - Later I realised that the new bulb they put is not as powerful as the stock one on right side. I got down once to even check whether the left bulb was working or not.
2. one of the horns working on and off - have requested for a replacement under warranty.
3. a small power dip when i switch on the A/C and slighty noisy @ blower 1 speed. Not sure this is alright as I noticed this for first time because I didnt have music played in the car and usually I play loud music when I drive.

I am told that I will be getting the car by 3 PM tomorrow as I gave it @ 5 PM today.

Some time back the guy called me and said they hv changed the oil and also the oil filter. And to my surprise he said they have changed front brake pads also which cost 3000/- ! I never felt the brakes were bad and even today I had a hard breaking before a hump which was ok on the breaking front!

How often do you guys have changed your brake pads? I drive quite a lot on highways and atleast brake hard 2-3 time in a 600 km trip and thats all. I always make sure that I brake well in advance for a smooth stop. Do you think they are ripping me of unwanted change? He said the pads would not last for another 2000 kms and hence they changed it.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 00:36   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drive quite a lot on highways and atleast brake hard 2-3 time in a 600 km trip and thats all
But every time you break is causing to cause some wear to those pads.

They still have the car? Tell them to show you the old ones.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 09:59   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Some time back the guy called me and said they hv changed the oil and also the oil filter. And to my surprise he said they have changed front brake pads also which cost 3000/- ! I never felt the brakes were bad and even today I had a hard breaking before a hump which was ok on the breaking front!

How often do you guys have changed your brake pads? I drive quite a lot on highways and atleast brake hard 2-3 time in a 600 km trip and thats all. I always make sure that I brake well in advance for a smooth stop. Do you think they are ripping me of unwanted change? He said the pads would not last for another 2000 kms and hence they changed it.
Recently, Did u hear any squealing noise while braking ?

My car's brake pads had to changed @ 34k kms & there are many ppl who have got it changed around 20k mark as well but the avg optimum life of brake pads of diesel cars is around 35k kms.

BTW the brake pads of Swift are expensive.

Last edited by kpzen : 4th April 2010 at 10:13.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:24   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of new and old brake pads. These are Getz brake pads

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-12082009183.jpg

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-12082009182.jpg
Old 4th April 2010, 11:35   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Recently, Did u hear any squealing noise while braking ?

My car's brake pads had to changed @ 34k kms & there are many ppl who have got it changed around 20k mark as well but the avg optimum life of brake pads of diesel cars is around 35k kms.

BTW the brake pads of Swift are expensive.
No squealing sounds as such except for grrrrr sound after i get it washed which will be alright by next day!

From your post, it looks like ok to get the break pads changed at 30-35K ! The problem is once the SA tells you that the break pad is not good, that gets into your mind every time you drive the car and you will not have peace of mind. Thats one reason I thought I will get it changed even though I was ok with the current brakes.

BTW [By The Way], swift brake pads are the costliest of all Marutis!

OT: Whats the cost of Getz brake pads?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th April 2010 at 11:37.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:12   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
OT: Whats the cost of Getz brake pads?
Getz CRDi brake pads ( Front ) - Rs 1456/-
Old 5th April 2010, 01:52   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Got car after 30K service

Guys,

Thanks for the replies!

I got the car after service and have pasted the details in my thread. Apologize for pasting this link in Jaggu's thread [hi-jacking?] but I am feeling lazy to type all those info again!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1820213
Old 9th April 2010, 10:41   #1256
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Facing a couple of issues,
1. There seems to be a minor Oil leak, I can see a few drops in my car park. On closer inspection I could see that the oil is leaking form some place high up the engine block.
2. Car seems to be smoking a bit more these days, not sure if both are related.

I have called my service center and someone will come and have a look at it later today, any suggestions on what could the problem be?
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:47   #1257
Team-BHP Support

Get it checked fast, seems like oil is leaking and entering the turbo lines. Is it smoking white or black? Black might be just a clogged air filter. And are you sure its engine oil?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 22:42   #1258
BHPian

Guys ,

The outside rear view mirror (left side) of my car has taken a hit and the mirror(only) fell off and broke. When i took it to the MASS they told that the entire assembly has to be replaced and it will cost 1500Rs + Labour charges.

1) Am i being ripped off?
2) Can we just replace the mirror??I think its just a stick on job. Not sure.
mithunkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:47   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Guys ,

The outside rear view mirror (left side) of my car has taken a hit and the mirror(only) fell off and broke. When i took it to the MASS they told that the entire assembly has to be replaced and it will cost 1500Rs + Labour charges.

1) Am i being ripped off?
2) Can we just replace the mirror??I think its just a stick on job. Not sure.
I got the whole left set replace for 1400 last month.so please check with the dealer
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:53   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I got the whole left set replace for 1400 last month.so please check with the dealer
Thanks for the reply.
So there is no other choice than to replace the entire assembly.
mithunkb is offline   Reply With Quote