Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 22:07   #1411
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 284
Thanked: 196 Times
Default

Hi Jagu

My swift vdi went in for first service , now maruti is getting oil replaced with servo .

I am thinking of switching to mobil synthetic oil after 10000 kms .

As Mobile synthetic oil is recommended by maruti on authorized dealerships and it not void warranty also . And i think then i can go for 10000 km oil change interval in case for mobil synthetic oil .
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 00:20   #1412
BHPian
 
asethi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

I usually shift to 4th around 50, and 5th after 80! Else you don't feel the fun!

Last edited by asethi : 12th August 2010 at 00:21.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 01:05   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,841
Thanked: 7,228 Times
Default

I try to be in 4th at whatever is my cruising speed. If that is 40, so be it: the Swift diesel will handle that, and even less, with ease.

Much above that, and, assuming my intention is constant speed and that the road is relatively clear then it's 5th, for reduced engine noise.

Acceleration is fun, yes, but the easy-going nature of this Swift diesel engine is just as much fun!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 10:50   #1414
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
mine were:
0-10 - 1st
15-20 - 2nd
25-30 - 3rd
35-40 - 4th
50-55 - 5th


you are completely ok, not lugging the car at all

Yes, seems to be ok and on track.

speed-rpm figures was something that even i wanted but never got 'em nevertheless I don't push my Ldi too much at 1st and 2nd gear (have never allowed turbo to kick in in the 1st gear, a few times when my patience ran out at slow speeds I floored the car on 2nd and the turbo did the job)

Its very hard to tame this beast in stop and go traffic in 2nd gear specially. I think its turbo at work there at very low speed to take it off like mad bull.

3rd gear is the best to enjoy turbo and if you push it a little the turbo carries over to 4th and 5th the feeling is awesome!

Great, thanks. I would try that once run is is over.

I got a mileage of 16.3 in the first 500 kms and 18.1 from 500-1000 kms with 100% time AC on and total city conditions (delhi traffic) so u aren't doing too bad either

I did not calculate it very accurate to the last point figures but I believe its giving good FE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Hey sameer ...

Push the car to 40 -50kmph in 2nd gear and 70-80kmph in 3rd gear to feel the turbo kick.Also you need to be a bit aggressive on the accelerator to feel the kick.
Wow, sounds like an adventure to me to push car in 50km/hr in 2nd gear and 70 in 3rd gear. I think I would not do that even in dreams. I am kind of sedate driver and I shift gears at proper speeds. I think I will never get beyond 2000 RPM's this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I try to be in 4th at whatever is my cruising speed. If that is 40, so be it: the Swift diesel will handle that, and even less, with ease.

Much above that, and, assuming my intention is constant speed and that the road is relatively clear then it's 5th, for reduced engine noise.

Acceleration is fun, yes, but the easy-going nature of this Swift diesel engine is just as much fun!
True, I believe suzuki has really taken it one step further and tuned the engine better way than Fiat. Also these are fuel efficient. Overall happy to see good FE figures.

Thanks for suggestions guys.
sameer551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 07:08   #1415
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 695 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Gautam, 650 is really too much for just disk brake cleaning. My both brakes (front disc and rear drum) costed Rs. 165 & 135, respectively at MASS in Bangalore!
And my car is 51K+ on odo, and still no engine flush required. Never go by the dealer's recommendation, you know your car better. Check the service manual and refer to T-Bhp, you should have all the required info and just don't blindly follow what these SAs say!
In simple words,only get those mandatory jobs done thats mentioned in the service booklet.Anything else that the dealer mentions is just to make a quick buck.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 10:16   #1416
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I got a mileage of 16.3 in the first 500 kms and 18.1 from 500-1000 kms with 100% time AC on and total city conditions (delhi traffic) so u aren't doing too bad either
Is this a standard mileage ? I only get 16 in delhi traffic in DZire Zdi. How can the mileage be increased ? Is resetting ECU an option ?
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 10:31   #1417
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,407
Thanked: 860 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Is this a standard mileage ? I only get 16 in delhi traffic in DZire Zdi. How can the mileage be increased ? Is resetting ECU an option ?
There are a lot of factors affecting mileage
1. Driving Style - most important. Aggressive driving with too much acceleration and braking can't fetch the mileage a relaxed driving would.
2. Tyres - use of fat tyres are bound to bring the mileage down even if its as low as 0.5 kmpl to 2-3 kmpl in certain cases. I use Michelin 185/70 R14 and I'm sure the mileage would differ if I was driving on stock tyres (again, it could be as low as 0.5 kmpl)
3. Use of AC - e.g. mine is 100% on and almost 90% of the times set at the coolest even when it has just rained and most of the other people are driving with windows down
4. Fuel Pump - Filling up at COCO fuel pumps would definitely have a difference in the mileage when compared to filling up at the notorious ones (refer T-bhp directory).
5. Roads and Traffic Condition - Bad roads where one has to change gears, brake too much due to potholes; traffic being bumper to bumper would also be affecting mileage

The point I'm trying to make is that one should compare an apple to an apple only. The mileage that you get might not always match to what I get or someone else for that matter. IMO if all the above mentioned (or more) conditions are ideal and there is still a significantly low mileage observed then maybe we could resort to other options.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 09:26   #1418
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
There are a lot of factors affecting mileage
1. Driving Style - most important. Aggressive driving with too much acceleration and braking can't fetch the mileage a relaxed driving would.
2. Tyres - use of fat tyres are bound to bring the mileage down even if its as low as 0.5 kmpl to 2-3 kmpl in certain cases. I use Michelin 185/70 R14 and I'm sure the mileage would differ if I was driving on stock tyres (again, it could be as low as 0.5 kmpl)
3. Use of AC - e.g. mine is 100% on and almost 90% of the times set at the coolest even when it has just rained and most of the other people are driving with windows down
4. Fuel Pump - Filling up at COCO fuel pumps would definitely have a difference in the mileage when compared to filling up at the notorious ones (refer T-bhp directory).
5. Roads and Traffic Condition - Bad roads where one has to change gears, brake too much due to potholes; traffic being bumper to bumper would also be affecting mileage

The point I'm trying to make is that one should compare an apple to an apple only. The mileage that you get might not always match to what I get or someone else for that matter. IMO if all the above mentioned (or more) conditions are ideal and there is still a significantly low mileage observed then maybe we could resort to other options.
Driving Style : Not aggressive
Tyres: Stock, JK 175 that comes in ZDI
AC: 100%
Fuel Pump : COCO(BP, Chankyapuri, Delhi)
Roads/Traffic: 50% on normal office traffic, 50% on NH8 express way

Given these conditions, I usually get 15-16 kmpl. What are the other options I can explore here ? I fill normal diesel, cutof to cutoff measurement from the same pump, same nozzle.
saurabhb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 11:09   #1419
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,407
Thanked: 860 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Tyres: Stock, JK 175 that comes in ZDI
Those would be 185/70 R14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Fuel Pump : COCO(BP, Chankyapuri, Delhi)
Have you tried any other fuel pump? If not please do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Roads/Traffic: 50% on normal office traffic, 50% on NH8 express way
Do you mean NH8 expressway in the office hours during morning & evening? Coz that's when this expressway turns into chaosway at least from IFFCO Chowk till Vasant Vihar

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Given these conditions, I usually get 15-16 kmpl. What are the other options I can explore here ? I fill normal diesel, cutof to cutoff measurement from the same pump, same nozzle.
Given these conditions I wouldn't say that the mileage of 15-16 kmpl is any bad. Mine ranges from 15-18 kmpl but then most of the times I go to one of the worst fuel pumps in Gurgaon just because its on the way home.

Have you taken the car on highway anytime? What is the mileage observed then, I mean if even on highways its pretty low then an expert opinion should definitely be called for.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:13   #1420
BHPian
 
anshurao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 276
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Rear Wheel bearing replaced

Hi guys,


I just hat the left rear wheel bearing replaced @ 830000 Kms, total cost including labor Rs. 816/-
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:20   #1421
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

@thread-starter:

A question, If you don't mind:

Why the noise (both engine and road) inside the cabin is always a tad above Vista(I have only driven a Vista Diesel apart from Swift diesel) in Swift diesel.
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 19:33   #1422
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,336
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hi guys,


I just hat the left rear wheel bearing replaced @ 830000 Kms, total cost including labor Rs. 816/-
Anush, that is one hell of a lot of driving or a typo .

What were the symptoms of a worn bearing??
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 21:20   #1423
vsh
BHPian
 
vsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sirsi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
.

What were the symptoms of a worn bearing??
i also changed the bearing(rear left) at 55000 km of my dzire vdi. there was a humming sound coming while driving. my local MASS guy diagnosed and told it was rear left bearing. now no noise at all.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 00:35   #1424
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,473 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Jagu

My swift vdi went in for first service , now maruti is getting oil replaced with servo .

I am thinking of switching to mobil synthetic oil after 10000 kms .

As Mobile synthetic oil is recommended by maruti on authorized dealerships and it not void warranty also . And i think then i can go for 10000 km oil change interval in case for mobil synthetic oil .
I would recommend Mobil Delvac MX instead, Mobil Delvac 1 which is the right synthetic for the engine. Mobil 1 synthetic according to reports didnt give good results with this engine.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 00:43   #1425
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

I posted this somewhere - OWS seem to have a API-CI4+ synthetic oil, I will be trying it when I touch 30k (about 3500KM to go). Meanwhile, anyone heard / tried this one?
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Superb: The saga ends at 57000 km Hayek Long-Term Ownership Reviews 192 25th January 2017 21:19
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold ! Sunilrj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 294 10th June 2012 07:24
Grande Punto, Red Emotion Pack Multijet Diesel 9000 km - 4 months - Saga continues SamtheLeo Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 12th February 2010 21:30
Honda Recalls 182,756 Civics Over Wheel-Bearing Leak Ashutosh The International Automotive Scene 11 18th September 2007 11:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks