Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 23:13   #31
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Alright, here are some updates:

1. I gave my car to RNS motors again to solve clutch vibration issue (now accelerator also vibrates), they changed clutch plate and some other part (like pressure plate or so) - yet the issue remains same. Today I drove their test drive vehicle & clutch vibration is seen there too. I have asked them to talk to Maruti to find solution. This is only problem I have now.

2. Finally bought transparent mat (Rs 1200), this is right fit, covers floors completely. The one dealer gave wasn't right, even in boot. I specifically liked rear one - single piece with perfect coverage for middle seat floor.

3. BTW, came to know more about Autocard points. If we use it for accessories, insurance, service bills and petrol - points will be accumulated which can be redeemed while paying service bills (other purchases don't acquire points that can be redeemed for service bills). This is good news, I never knew that petrol bills acquire points. This will help us reduce our service bills amount to pay.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 08:08   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 268
Thanked: 10 Times
Default completed 6200km

This is my update for mark of 6200km which I completed just fortnight. I returned from my native place after attending brothers marriage. total trip was 861 km this time and consumed 57liters normal fuel. so mileage I got was 15.10kmpl, with 4 adults and 1 kid, full luggage, 100%AC on, 33psi air.

Few improvements I noticed -
  1. Engine revv is very smooth and bit more silent.
  2. Audio system improved or may be effect of reduction in overall noise. I can hear more deails, less harsh and moderate bass. Is there something called burn-in effect to this system??.
  3. Overall body rattle not present and cabin noise is negligible upto 80kmph. After that tyre/road noise takes place.
  4. Never crossed 2500rpm for 90kmph except those 70+70 km where I kept 3000-3500rpm for 120km constant.
  5. all other aspects are same as new car (steering, breaks, AC).
  6. One point about AC, it not only cools but heats also. Outside temparature was 10deg, I set dial on 25deg and it heated cabin. Maintained same, in afternoon when outside temp reached 30, inside was cooled.
  7. I absolutely dont have any issue with gear and no 3rd gear handle vibration. All gear are buttersmooth. Only difference, sometimes I am noticing is little shudder in first gear and this started after clutch replacement.
"One Indica cab guy was eager to overtake me, I kept my 90km cruising and allowed him to overtake. Suddenly his car's engine gave up with huge black smoke and I steadily and cool, passed him with same speed. On a quick glance at driver, he avoided my eyes and then after kept following me for next 100km"
Man this car is great, Isn't this good?

Last edited by omishra : 9th December 2007 at 08:17.
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 18:23   #33
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
This is my update for mark of 6200km which I completed just fortnight. I returned from my native place after attending brothers marriage. total trip was 861 km this time and consumed 57liters normal fuel. so mileage I got was 15.10kmpl, with 4 adults and 1 kid, full luggage, 100%AC on, 33psi air.

Few improvements I noticed -
  1. Engine revv is very smooth and bit more silent.
  2. Audio system improved or may be effect of reduction in overall noise. I can hear more deails, less harsh and moderate bass. Is there something called burn-in effect to this system??.
  3. Overall body rattle not present and cabin noise is negligible upto 80kmph. After that tyre/road noise takes place.
  4. Never crossed 2500rpm for 90kmph except those 70+70 km where I kept 3000-3500rpm for 120km constant.
  5. all other aspects are same as new car (steering, breaks, AC).
  6. One point about AC, it not only cools but heats also. Outside temparature was 10deg, I set dial on 25deg and it heated cabin. Maintained same, in afternoon when outside temp reached 30, inside was cooled.
  7. I absolutely dont have any issue with gear and no 3rd gear handle vibration. All gear are buttersmooth. Only difference, sometimes I am noticing is little shudder in first gear and this started after clutch replacement.
"One Indica cab guy was eager to overtake me, I kept my 90km cruising and allowed him to overtake. Suddenly his car's engine gave up with huge black smoke and I steadily and cool, passed him with same speed. On a quick glance at driver, he avoided my eyes and then after kept following me for next 100km"
Man this car is great, Isn't this good?
Cool report! With the load & speeds, very good mileage. For me as well, engine noise seems better, but tyre noise is irritating even in lower speeds, so can't really make out engine noise. Yup auto climate control helps in cold & hot climate.

Indicab guys are always crazy, they try to overtake Scorpios and Octavias !
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 22:00   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Alright, here are some updates:



2. Finally bought transparent mat (Rs 1200), this is right fit, covers floors completely. The one dealer gave wasn't right, even in boot. I specifically liked rear one - single piece with perfect coverage for middle seat floor.

.
where did you get this from ?
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 09:44   #35
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
where did you get this from ?
I got from RNS Motors.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 10:17   #36
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Update on long trip

Quick update on long trip (between Bangalore and Chennai):
  • This is my second trip to Chennai in my car.
  • While going, I could reach in 4.5 hours. I mostly maintained 100 kms, touched 130, in few stretches maintained 110 constantly. I knew the FE will be hit. It was 14.5 Kmpl (100% AC, 34 psi, 3 people and trunk fully loaded).
  • In many places, water clogged in roads, while I was going in 100+, suddenly speed was reduced due to this, but not much of issues like skidding or so. I should say, MAN has handled it well !! I am sure, wider tyres, high GC, etc have helped greatly.
  • I could effortlessly overtake big guys like Accord, Scorpio, Octavia, etc. Especially Accord fellow tried to cross me after I overtook him, but for 2-3 kms stretch, he couldn't. Finally toll booth came in and I could come out of it before him and went fast, I never saw him then.
  • It was intermittently raining and car got very good water wash, tyres looked as if new. While raining, I didn't want to drive beyond 90, I could control the vehicle better even in raining (turning, etc).
  • This time, I didn't reduce speed from 100/110 while taking slight turns or so - this improved my confidence, I didn't even touch brakes. Good improvement from last trip.
  • While coming back also, I reached in 4-4.5 hrs. Maintained 100 constantly and briefly touched 135. Since we were only 3 people, I felt that the balance wasn't there in load and observed some kind of shaky movement at this high speed.
  • There was no rain while coming back and hence could maintain high speeds compared to onward journey.
  • In a stretch of ~5 Kms, there was some work going on in the opp side of road and hence opp vehicles were coming in our lanes. At this time, I was behind a lorry and came down to 4th gear. Then I wanted to overtake it, saw a lorry in opp direction, still I thought of overtaking, so went faster I can and overtook it successfully - then I realized, I didn't shift to 5th gear, just overtook in 4th gear only . Though I didn't watch speedo, I guess I must have gone at 70+ for sure in 4th gear - I never felt power was less or so. I, in fact, couldn't believe that I crossed in 4th gear.
  • Return journey (combined with city drive) gave 14.2 Kmpl
Overall, it was good trip.....
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 15:31   #37
VBV
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Congrats Sathya, You can try upto 90-100 in fourth gear, you will not feel shortage of power. The best power band in SX4 is from 2000-3500 rpm.

You guys drive pretty decently on highways, changing from 4th to 5th at 60. I should try it sometime and hopefully I'll get a good mileage.

You are absolutely right about driving on puddles. Even at 100+ it handles well. But I've cut down on speeds on wet roads after being constantly warned :-)


VBV
VBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 18:17   #38
BHPian
 
viveklk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

This is great report Satya!
I just complete 2500Kms on my SX4, I'll keep your report in mind. I did observe gear knob vibration, I'll ask Pratham guys to fix it.

By the way, I observed the mileage to be 15kmpl on the highway & about 11 to 12 in the city (I don't get any signals on my way )
viveklk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 19:24   #39
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

on engaging the reverse gear and releasing clutch i am getting a katak-katak sound. this sometimes happens on first gear also.
note this noise is there when the car is moving. Any pointers?
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 20:50   #40
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveklk View Post
By the way, I observed the mileage to be 15kmpl on the highway & about 11 to 12 in the city (I don't get any signals on my way )
You are getting very good mileage, keep up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
You guys drive pretty decently on highways, changing from 4th to 5th at 60. I should try it sometime and hopefully I'll get a good mileage.
My gear change mostly is between 1500-2000 RPM, so ideally if I change it when 1500 RPM has just crossed, it will be:
2nd to 3rd => 20-25 Kmph
3rd to 4th => 30-35 Kmph
4th to 5th => 40-45 Kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
on engaging the reverse gear and releasing clutch i am getting a katak-katak sound. this sometimes happens on first gear also.
note this noise is there when the car is moving. Any pointers?
This seems to be a problem, check during service.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 20:55   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Sathya remember one thing, if you are driving in these conditions in the night and you suddenly think your headlights have become weaker in terms of lighting, perhaps its just clogged with muddy water all over. this happened to me when i went to chennai when the car was splashing the water all over the headlights and only when i reached chennai the next monring did i make out that the entire headlight front was muddy which had reduced my visibility of the road in front, and also my confidence. since it was my first time night driving on the highway I reached chennai in about 7 hrs which was insane. i almost banged into the center divider at one point but luckily trusted my intuition and veered left.

golden rule : never drive at night unless its absolutely impossible to avoid it. clean headlights with some water at regular intervals. and preferably keep 80-90 as speed of driving lest some insane nut cases cross right in front of your bonnet. the toll road is notorious for this.

Srik
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 21:21   #42
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Sathya remember one thing, if you are driving in these conditions in the night and you suddenly think your headlights have become weaker in terms of lighting, perhaps its just clogged with muddy water all over. this happened to me when i went to chennai when the car was splashing the water all over the headlights and only when i reached chennai the next monring did i make out that the entire headlight front was muddy which had reduced my visibility of the road in front, and also my confidence. since it was my first time night driving on the highway I reached chennai in about 7 hrs which was insane. i almost banged into the center divider at one point but luckily trusted my intuition and veered left.

golden rule : never drive at night unless its absolutely impossible to avoid it. clean headlights with some water at regular intervals. and preferably keep 80-90 as speed of driving lest some insane nut cases cross right in front of your bonnet. the toll road is notorious for this.

Srik
I absolutely agree with you on all these points, Srikanth.

Except once while returning from Mysore, drove for ~2 hours after 6 pm, but with speed <60kmph - I haven't driven in night. I try to avoid night driving as much as possible since family is with me.

Do you mean to clean headlights by removing it or something? If you meant about just cleaning it outside, I do it every week while washing car thoroughly including tyres.

I agree that 80-90 is controllable speed, to be on safer side I keep my eye on sides as well (not by turning my head or so, but in front for viewable distance) to check if anyone is trying to cross the road, I horn while taking less-visible turns, overtaking trucks, lorries, bus, etc.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 22:16   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
In a stretch of ~5 Kms, there was some work going on in the opp side of road and hence opp vehicles were coming in our lanes. At this time, I was behind a lorry and came down to 4th gear. Then I wanted to overtake it, saw a lorry in opp direction, still I thought of overtaking, so went faster I can and overtook it successfully - then I realized, I didn't shift to 5th gear, just overtook in 4th gear only . Though I didn't watch speedo, I guess I must have gone at 70+ for sure in 4th gear - I never felt power was less or so. I, in fact, couldn't believe that I crossed in 4th gear.
Wow you really did 70+ in fourth gear? Better get the gearbox checked once for any damage.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 22:17   #44
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Especially Accord fellow tried to cross me after I overtook him, but for 2-3 kms stretch, he couldn't. Finally toll booth came in and I could come out of it before him and went fast, I never saw him then.
...So do we have a accord beater in our hands????
Quote:
Since we were only 3 people, I felt that the balance wasn't there in load and observed some kind of shaky movement at this high speed.
I think this is just your imagination...

Quote:
Wow you really did 70+ in fourth gear? Better get the gearbox checked once for any damage.
What(another)?? why???Doing 70 in 4th such a big deal??

Last edited by gkrishn : 1st January 2008 at 22:19.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 22:35   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 790 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
What(another)?? why???Doing 70 in 4th such a big deal??

Guru you mis-interpreted Vikram's statement. << hint hint >>
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Enfield Thunderbird - My entry into the Motorcycle world. EDIT: 9000 kms update samarth.bhatia Motorbikes 89 11th January 2016 10:49
Maruti SX4 ZXI: Edit, 70000 kms up rajneeesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 13th September 2015 17:44
My Dark Horse: Maruti Ertiga ZDi. 9000 kms in 3 months & counting Caadmara Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 5th July 2015 02:18
One Year & 9000 Kms - Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zxi madan80 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 7 12th August 2012 08:40
SX4 Zxi or ANHC? EDIT : Bought SX4! abhi182 Sedans 153 21st December 2009 15:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks