Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th May 2008, 09:40   #346
Senior - BHPian

Just for the test, i revved upto 2k rpm but didnt hear any Krrr sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I dont rev the engine in neutral.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 12:26   #347
BHPian

I am shooting in total darkness here, but if it is with sudden acceleration, it could be EGR noise. Try putting some sort of sound insulation sheet (for experiment's sake) over the EGR valve body and see if it goes away.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 15:48   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just for the test, i revved upto 2k rpm but didnt hear any Krrr sound.
Same with me. I dont hear the sound in neutral and car at standstill, which leads me to think it could be something else NOT related to the engine / ECU.

Any thoughts guys ? Tranny ? EGR as someone said ?

Any 3.0 owners notice this ?
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 15:53   #349
Senior - BHPian

It could be the EGR valve too, but to determine that one has to listen into the engine bay when it gets the noise on slight revving.

kingshuk/JK ?? can you test, once that area of the engine is marked, it can be pinpointed further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I am shooting in total darkness here, but if it is with sudden acceleration, it could be EGR noise. Try putting some sort of sound insulation sheet (for experiment's sake) over the EGR valve body and see if it goes away.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:17   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Dadu,

about the krr krr noise discussed on this forum, do you get it when the car is at standstill and you rev the engine ?
Can someone post a recorded sound of this noise ? It might help
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 09:12   #351
BHPian

Quote:
It could be the EGR valve too, but to determine that one has to listen into the engine bay when it gets the noise on slight revving.

kingshuk/JK ?? can you test, once that area of the engine is marked, it can be pinpointed further.

Sirs,

As already mentioned earlier in the forum I had tried to understand the source of the krr noise with my daughter manning the accelerator pedal and me under the hood. I am reasonably sure that the sound is from the general area of the turbo. I touched a screwdriver to the turbo in this period to see whether is a increase in vibration but did not feel any difference.

BTW the EGR in a diesel engine is part and parcel of the Turbo. Right ?
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 10:46   #352
BHPian

BTW can somebody tell me what a "Tranny" is?

A search on Wikipedia gives a output which all point to something related to a radio.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:55   #353
Senior - BHPian

Short for transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
BTW can somebody tell me what a "Tranny" is?

A search on Wikipedia gives a output which all point to something related to a radio.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:20   #354
Senior - BHPian

"Follow me home, illuminate your path after parking"

I was looking for a solution to disable this feature which is generally not required for me (95% of times) and just uses up the battery. Although I couldn't find a solution but a workaround.

At night (even if parking lights are ON) and once you switch off the engine and open the door, this feature gets activated, so what's the trick!!!

- Once you are out of the Safari, Press the "unlock" button on remote (yes, unlock and not lock)
- The lights will immediately switch off.
- Now press the "Lock" button and moveon.

Vola!!! No more "follow me home".
Old 4th June 2008, 16:33   #355
Senior - BHPian

Default Cool

Dadu,

Cool find. I'll try this tonite.
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:53   #356
BHPian

Quote:
"Follow me home, illuminate your path after parking"

I was looking for a solution to disable this feature which is generally not required for me (95% of times) and just uses up the battery. Although I couldn't find a solution but a workaround.

At night (even if parking lights are ON) and once you switch off the engine and open the door, this feature gets activated, so what's the trick!!!

- Once you are out of the Safari, Press the "unlock" button on remote (yes, unlock and not lock)
- The lights will immediately switch off.
- Now press the "Lock" button and moveon.

Vola!!! No more "follow me home".
Sorry guys for not informing you all about this earlier. I also "discovered" this feature when I pressed unlock by mistake.

Dadu has made amends for us.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:02   #357
adc
Senior - BHPian

And for the LX [no remote], do the unlock and lock of the central locking in quick succession on the front doors.

Previously I used to stand there for the time the follow me headlights were on - just in case they dont shut down and the battery drains out.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 17:11   #358
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the other such "easter eggs" on the remote ??

I am particularly looking at "auto windows up" on lock and "lock all doors on movement only".
Old 7th June 2008, 17:24   #359
Senior - BHPian

After mailing Valeo security systems(collaborator) and Minda Valeo, I got the following reply from Minda.

Quote:
For auto rolling of windows on locking mode it requires additional components known as relay attachment.

Pl give your contact no & address so that we can depute our service executive at your place to explain the features of the product.
But I am wondering if will VOID the warranty, if it does then I cannot go for it .

Quote:
Does anyone know the other such "easter eggs" on the remote ??

I am particularly looking at "auto windows up" on lock and "lock all doors on movement only".
Old 10th June 2008, 09:33   #360
Senior - BHPian

The service executive called up and told that since its an OE some features cannot be enabled and the ones that can be, they need to change some codes in the ECU since the whole security system in OE fitment is controlled using the ECU only and not via remote key buttons.

So I thanked him and said "Ok TATA, phir milenge"

Can't tinker the ECU.

Quote:
After mailing Valeo security systems(collaborator) and Minda Valeo, I got the following reply from Minda.

But I am wondering if will VOID the warranty, if it does then I cannot go for it .