Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2012, 21:00   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova 2.5 EDIT - Now touching a Lakh kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
1,00,000 kms service update :

He also told me that the engine timing belt needs to be changed as it has a minor cut but that can run for another 10k. [/b][/u]
Please change the timing belt ASAP. If it snaps, there will be a major damage to the engine. No point waiting for another 10k kms if it already has a minor cut.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 19:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Please change the timing belt ASAP. If it snaps, there will be a major damage to the engine. No point waiting for another 10k kms if it already has a minor cut.
IIRC, the scheduled belt change is at 150000 kms in normal climate. Also, This time, even I did not have a good service experience with Toyota A**. more on that later.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 12:59   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj,

I just came across this thread and your post in another thread about high servicing costs of the Innova. I was infact searching for details on the 90k km service for the Innova and have given it for servicing today. After reading your posts two things come to my mind:
1. Your car is indeed giving you some trouble but I feel that might be due to the car being abused by your driver or may be the roads that you travel on are really bad. Different issues are coming up each time and you have been getting quite a bit of parts changed. May be time to change your ride perhaps.

2. More importantly I think you need to change your service centre if thats possible. The 5k km service doesn't require an oil change and the likes and my SA here in Delhi never ever recommended it. I just pay them around a 1000 bucks for the 5 k services.

The 90k service estimate given to me today morning while dropping off the car at the service centre was Rs. 4800 including tax. The only thing being done is air filter change and oil changes. Nothing major. Again I feel your SA/Dealer is taking you for a ride.
I just felt sharing the costs with you. Do consider changing your after sales centre to a different one. Else do call Toyota and ask if everything thats been done on your car is indeed recommended for that particular service.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 11:25   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So in case of toyota, when your tires wear out, you have to get them changed from the dealership?
I think after 40-50K kms everyone would have aftermarket tires.
well!! I did it from the dealer

they gave me bridgestones and was at its mrp with no discounts, turning out to be around 500rs per pc higher than the market

but I went ahead, as alongwith the tyre change they do balancing, alignment and check-review the pads & suspension too

so that extra 2K that I may have spent is justified to me

and moreover, this faith stems from miscellaneous sour experience outside, to the simplest of case where after alignment they left some bolts loose and while en-route to Hyderabad from Pune, the vehicle terribly started pulling to one side and was hell reaching Hyd in that driving condition
Old 18th August 2012, 11:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
May be time to change your ride perhaps.
Thank you bro. This is happening soon...
Old 20th August 2012, 22:09   #81

Just goin thru your thread, I find it very strange the work you have required on your Innova and the response of the Toyota A$$.

I have an Innova 7 Yrs. approaching 95k. first 5 yrs in Mumbai thereafter in Delhi. I have not had any issues with the car other than yearly serviceing.

Ditto with my Qualis. 11 Years 240k before I sold it few months back. Refilled the a/c gas once and thats it.

The only issue that i have noticed is that now my headlights have changed colour almost. The clear plastic has turned yellowish. Not sure why this is but will have it looked at later this weak.
autounion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 06:08   #82
BHPian

The first TROUBLE my Innova gave me was after 60,000 km.
The horn went kaput. I spent 2 minutes at a local garage and Rs. 35.
That is all (other than the regular servicing) that the car has needed so far.
noidea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 22:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

We have got an XUV now and so that's our primary vehicle, though we have not sold the Innova.
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:24   #84
BHPian

^^ Hey Raj: hows the XUV been treating you? Which batch? any major issues?
Old 16th August 2013, 11:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have got an XUV now and so that's our primary vehicle, though we have not sold the Innova.
Hey Raj, thank you for sharing your long term ownership experience with Innova. It was worth reading all the 6 pags. So are you still holding on to your Innova? I am looking out for a used Innova, 5-7 years old, running could be 100K to 150k (or even more), but my budget is 5 lacs max. I would be using the Innova only for weekend/vacation trips with my family. I have an Indica for my daily office runs & city errands, may replace it in future. Do you think going for a used Innova is worthwhile?
Old 17th August 2013, 04:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey Raj, thank you for sharing your long term ownership experience with Innova. It was worth reading all the 6 pags. So are you still holding on to your Innova? I am looking out for a used Innova, 5-7 years old, running could be 100K to 150k (or even more), but my budget is 5 lacs max. I would be using the Innova only for weekend/vacation trips with my family. I have an Indica for my daily office runs & city errands, may replace it in future. Do you think going for a used Innova is worthwhile?
Hi mate, we have sold the Innova.

Innova is a great choice if you are looking for a spacious, reliable and comfortable family vehicle.

The only thing you need to worry about is cost of spares and servicing costs. They can tend to be pretty expensive.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 14:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi mate, we have sold the Innova.

Innova is a great choice if you are looking for a spacious, reliable and comfortable family vehicle.
Thank you for responding to my query Raj. I have 6 folks in my family including myself, 2 aged parents, 2 kids & spouse. I cannot afford to plonk 15-16 big ones on a new Innova & moreover this would be only my weekend vehicle, hence looking for a used one. If you don't mind could you please share the age, odo reading & the resale value of your Innova when you sold it off (just to get a fair idea of what to expect while purchasing a used Innova)

Quote:
The only thing you need to worry about is cost of spares and servicing costs. They can tend to be pretty expensive.
It is only because of Toyota's reliability I am inclined towards opting for an Innova instead of any other vehicle. I am assuming the regular oil change service would be quite reasonable (am I wrong here?). Which spares according to you are pretty expensive? I can understand that for a car, which has run a lakh + kms many parts may need a replacement e.g suspension, brakes, clutch etc. Are these overpriced when compared to say a Mahindra Xylo/Scorpio or a Safari?
Old 17th August 2013, 16:12   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is only because of Toyota's reliability I am inclined towards opting for an Innova instead of any other vehicle. I am assuming the regular oil change service would be quite reasonable (am I wrong here?). Which spares according to you are pretty expensive? I can understand that for a car, which has run a lakh + kms many parts may need a replacement e.g suspension, brakes, clutch etc. Are these overpriced when compared to say a Mahindra Xylo/Scorpio or a Safari?
Even general servicing is more expensive since labour costs and prices of consumables are more in Toyota. Repair costs are ridiculously high. Spare parts are costly too.

Yes, all these are in comparison to Indian brands - Tata and Mahindra. I am not trying to dissuade you. Infact, I am only suggesting you visit a nearest Toyota A.S.S. to get an idea about these costs.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 17:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even general servicing is more expensive since labour costs and prices of consumables are more in Toyota. Repair costs are ridiculously high. Spare parts are costly too.

Yes, all these are in comparison to Indian brands - Tata and Mahindra. I am not trying to dissuade you. Infact, I am only suggesting you visit a nearest Toyota A.S.S. to get an idea about these costs.
My goodness , this is an eye opener for me. In some other thread I have repeatedly heard from some Toyota fanatics (don't want to name them here) that the servicing/ownership costs of Toyota are the least when compared to any other manufacturer in India. Mahindra's are reasonable, but then if you compare the reliability, Toyota is far ahead of Mahindra, isn't it, what do you say? Since you have owned both Toyota & Mahindra products you are in a good position to comment. Which one would be better, a used Scorpio or a used Innova from total cost of ownership perspective? Whose mechanicals would be in a better shape after 7-8 years of usage, Innova or Scorpio?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 17th August 2013 at 17:06.
Old 17th August 2013, 19:36   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have owned both Toyota & Mahindra products you are in a good position to comment. Which one would be better, a used Scorpio or a used Innova from total cost of ownership perspective? Whose mechanicals would be in a better shape after 7-8 years of usage, Innova or Scorpio?
I have not owned either of the products till date but going by the market response and friends who own a Toyota and M&M product they say that the Innova is any day better overall than the M&M be it Servicing costs, reliability or resale value.

Even would take a Innova over to any other product in that category. I dont mind paying extra too.

My two cents.

Anurag.
Closed Thread