Team-BHP - In Memory of my “Maruti 800”.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   In Memory of my “Maruti 800”. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/34342-memory-my-maruti-800-a.html)

Today had lot of free time, was browsing a Forum and gone though lot of threads and those thread forced me to write the new thread

Almost Three years back I was looking for car in second hand market, but was not getting proper vehicle, One day while going through local News Paper I came across AD and saw Maruti 800 was on sell at Popular Car bazaar (Andheri), I called the number and told them I am coming , without wasting much of time I want there with my Dad ( I must say My Dad was biggest supporter for buying me Maruti 800, though I was shelling out all money my own he has given me great moral support for owning a car , he was willing to help me but I wanted to buy my own ), Anyways we reached to the shop and asked for the vehicle to sales person she showed me the Car and I was stunned, vehicle was very good in looks, I liked it ( I should say I loved ) at first sight, I went close too the vehicle and touched the steering and felt great energy in my body ( note before this I had hardly driven the car in my life ), I asked for the cost then negotiated and fortunately deal got struck in single meeting, I was on the top of the world, we have given advance money to the car dealer and told him we will come tomorrow with reaming cash and will take the vehicle, that night I could not sleep as I was very happy – Finally dream if Owning a car was coming to reality,

Next day started early from office went directly to the dealer, we completed the formalities and headed to the home, first time Dad and me sat in our car, I was very happy, I could see tears in my Dad’s eyes ( he was really happy for me for owning a car at the age 23 ), we reached home Mom was waiting for us, Security person told mom that we have came , mom came out with Puja Thali to do Puja of Our Car .
Now I started using the car everyday to office. I was really happy, she served me for 2yers, she was good in performance but she had stared showing the Age ( as she was Born in May 1995 ), Got broke down couple of time in the city and once on my way back form Baroda.. Mechanic told me her tenure is about to end as most was worned out Still I was in deep love with her
Year back I got engage, most of I used to go out with my fiancé ( in city limits ) my cra did good job there also , One day while coming back she refused to start for 5mins, that time I decided now I need to keep my emotions a side and need to be more practical, I need to upgrade my self, I stared looking for Car and decided to go with Swift Vxi. Almost completed all the procedure if LOAN, and once day received a call form my fiance saying that “Good news”, her uncle who was a doctor was flying to U.K, he was owning Zen Vxi Aug 2003 model, used in city limits, less run.. he wanted to sell that, That sounded very good to me, we went to uncle’s home and saw the Car, Car was Stunning beauty, She was in Sky blue Color. I took her out in the road and kept my foot accelerator and she took speed of 95 km/her, I was stunned by her performance, I decided to bought her, spoken to uncle and bought the car in next 3 days, Now i am using her ( rather I am completely dependable on her ) from last 9 months, I have covered 10,115 km. in 9 moths, My experience with her was fantastic in last 10 month I got her service twice. Thats all, I a very happy with my car but whenever I sees White Maruti 800 ( old model ) on the road, I remembers my first love, Still loves her a lot. I am missing her a lot !

Hey nicejits, lovely story there very touching I might say. Yes i do agree that even though Dad's don't say anything they feel very proud in achievements like these. Enjoy your zen ! However you should have not sold your first car if you loved her so much. But no worries, cherish those beautiful memories is all that you can do now. All the best Buddy !

Hey nicejits, That was a very nice writeup. Straight from the heart. Glad to know that you've enjoyed your M800. Really one of the cars that revolutionized the automobile industry in India, although these days, it does seem a relic of the past.

Have also driven a M800 quite extensively. Without power steering, power windows, very basic ICE, and still the car was fun to drive. Did'nt ask much in terms of pampering, Sheesh, apart from the music player and upholstery, there was hardly anything we did to her, and she served us extremely well.

Still remember those long drives to Lonavala and Mahableshwar, trying to rev up the engine on the ghats, ;-)
This post really bought back a lot of very happy memories, my friend. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalvaz (Post 690376)
Still remember those long drives to Lonavala and Mahableshwar, trying to rev up the engine on the ghats, ;-)

Exactly my friend.Revving up the engine on the ghats with the airplance take off sound is to die for.Have been driving my 9 nd half year old 800 for more than 5 years now and still love her performance.
After so many years of owning her a long distance trip in her is something i would sacrifise anything in the world.
Lovely write up buddy.800 is something that has entered everyones hearts at some of the other stage of our lives.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicejits (Post 690367)

Next day started early from office went directly to the dealer, we completed the formalities and headed to the home, first time Dad and me sat in our car, I was very happy, I could see tears in my Dad’s eyes ( he was really happy for me for owning a car at the age 23 ), we reached home Mom was waiting for us, Security person told mom that we have came , mom came out with Puja Thali to do Puja of Our Car .

Hey jits, let me tell you that's a great feeling buddy. Good on you for having made your parents happy.

I would'nt use the 'in memory of....' for my M800 because my wife still uses it. Though I have moved on to an Opel Corsa 4 yrs back, I still have such lovely memories of my M800 that I am unwilling to sell it off even though it is 12 yrs and close to 1lac kms. I don't know how many places in India I have taken this to:

Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Bangalore, Pondicherry, Ooty, kodai, Mumbai, Lonavla and now Pune...just to name a few.

And I don't know how many people have driven a M800 from Delhi to Bangalore.:Shockked: That is worth another thread in itself.

Bro, every parent will feel proud when their siblings are buying their cars/bikes/homes from their own hard earned money. Its a love story all right (with M800). It was nice to read. Yeah..sometimes you need to listen to you brain instead of your heart and we all do the same thing when parting with our old companions be it cars/bikes or other things.:)

Good 'straight from the heart' report nicejits. Indeed it is a proud achievement buying your own 4 wheels at 23. :)

Thx a lot for your replies guys !

Good report, sir. It's a strong emotional chord your first wheels strike...and your story is filled with ethos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicejits (Post 690367)
I could see tears in my Dad’s eyes ( he was really happy for me for owning a car at the age 23 )

I'm turning 24 soon! I envy you! cheers:

Good Report. Maruti 800 would have affected most of us some point in life.
Maruti 800 has a special place in my heart as I learnt driving with it. I enjoyed it a lot during my teens.