Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 3rd April 2008, 17:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good review and nice positives and negatives points. This is the good vehicle. But how do you feel sitting 5 people in the back seat. Do you feel it is cramped?

Never tried fitting 5 people in the back seat. If you mean 5 in total, it feels totally fine when me, my sister, my parents and my grandmother use this car.

Although I have heard some people complain about the middle arm rest but I haven't personally faced that problem when we all go out.
randomgyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 18:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgyan View Post
Never tried fitting 5 people in the back seat. If you mean 5 in total, it feels totally fine when me, my sister, my parents and my grandmother use this car.

Although I have heard some people complain about the middle arm rest but I haven't personally faced that problem when we all go out.
Tried this but only one adult was healthy..remaing were slim (thin) with average height. Total 5 adults in back seat (All lady teachers with school where my wife is teaching). We have to keep driver's/co-passenger's seat little ahead, means backrest of front seats were not going beyond middle colomn. It was 1 ahead - 1 back kind of arrangement. barged in my car Same thing with 3 adults and 2 kids will be expected on back seat on this coming week end
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 13:22   #33
BHPian

Default Low End Vibration and Low pickup

At this time my car is with Dealer workshop for last 3 days for 10K KM service. During this time I sat with the mechanic and my doubts are confirmed.
Low end vibrations are due to weak Engine mounts and less pickup is due to change in front drive shaft assembly. Both are redesigned and altered by MUL and circular is out with Dealers.

Exact part numbers and changes, differences after change I can tell after I get my car on Monday evening.

Now moving to Mobil1 SuperSyn.

Last edited by omishra : 26th April 2008 at 13:23.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:57   #34

Default Vibration Fix

MUL fixed the noise and vibration after a lot of fighting and yelling.

They changed the mounting and the axle. No noise vibration was still there untill they re-timed the car. Now its ok..
anikmankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 22:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikmankar View Post
MUL fixed the noise and vibration after a lot of fighting and yelling.

They changed the mounting and the axle. No noise vibration was still there untill they re-timed the car. Now its ok..
Here no fighting.
Just told them, dealer's technitian agreed that they got redesigned parts. Got is changed today.

So now if anybody buys SX4, it will be perfect. I posted details in another thread.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikmankar View Post
For Music : The sound system is pretty crappy anyways. It does go very loud but sounds like a tin pot as the bass is all crap. I use my IPOd but thru a Radio transmitor from Berklin. Sounds much better but i think i need to change the speakers with component ones.

Drive Safely.
Anik
Hi Anik,
Can you please give us more info on the Berklin radio transmitter? I mean in terms of price, where it is connected, etc?
I''m thinking of going for one for my Fiesta.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 22:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Here no fighting.
Just told them, dealer's technitian agreed that they got redesigned parts. Got is changed today.

So now if anybody buys SX4, it will be perfect. I posted details in another thread.

This is good news. cheers: Last time (3 month back) I made this complaint to the Sai service guys, they told me that its a common problem in all SX4s and Maruti was yet to find a solution. which service station did you get this problem fixed and did they charge you for it?

This low gear shudder was probably the only major complaint I have in an otherwise brilliant car.
Locomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 10:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
This is good news. cheers: Last time (3 month back) I made this complaint to the Sai service guys, they told me that its a common problem in all SX4s and Maruti was yet to find a solution. which service station did you get this problem fixed and did they charge you for it?

This low gear shudder was probably the only major complaint I have in an otherwise brilliant car.
Please find details here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post812225 (SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms)
I think this is problem with some of older batch cars only. I driven new SX4. Actually ?someone? taken delivery and wanted to get it reversed in small place after dealer person finished his lecture and handed over keys. Got to use my experience, there I felt that what my car was lacking and now the difference is nullified.

Last edited by omishra : 30th April 2008 at 10:04.