Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 20:12   #166
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

finally rode in the car for a few minutes. and DAMN, these yokohamas are so much better than the g3s i had earlier. its complete silence compared to them and i coulnt feel half the bumps i used to feel with the g3s. its amazing how much tires can transform the ride of a car. would recommend them to any innova owner.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 23:07   #167
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
also during these 42k kms some rattles had popped up here and there but mainly from the doors. the doors are pretty large and with the frequent opening and closing (banging) rattles are bound to appear. i decided to get damping done. pmed B&T and asked for his number. fixed up for today and went and got it done.

the damping is noisekill which retails at 150 per sq ft. 30 sq ft were used in damping all the 4 doors. sorry didnt take any pictures.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE the damping makes. there are no rattles now. zero...zilch. earlier when i listened to music at higher volumes i used to think the speakers are distorting because of the rattling. now the mediocre system i have sounds a lot better. B&T also tweaked some settings on it and that made it sound even better (thanks b&t).
Hi ..two things

1 - are you reffering to rattling with respect to door speakers or just doors, how does padding/dampening would reduce noise level if we are not reffering to audio (I agree that innova has large doors and I almost have to tell everyone to take it easy with the door or someday it would come offwith the hinges, so I have been toying with the idea of padding it at the closure point, which dampen the thud!! of the closure), but I have a doubt that you guys are reffering to ICE

2. - did B&T tweak the OE system??, how do you go about that??

Thanks guys
Anupam
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 23:18   #168
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default mobil1 delvac

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i will also change to synthetic next service. mobil1 delvac 1 fully synthetic oil. will have to buy 10 litres of it since the innova needs 7 litres. city motors is giving it to me at 600 per litre and hopefully they will reduce the price even more.
so did you go for "mobil1 delvac", the ASC Pune (DSK-Toyota) says that they will use only what they get supplied with by TKM, anything else is a big No No for them

also, despite, if you did go for it, then does the warranty gets impacted?

any..anyways, whats your review on mobil1 delvac if you are running on it

does it damp out the irritating engine noise, any smoking issues

thanks
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 23:46   #169
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default innova users

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
around 150 views but 3 comments.. seems people on this forum arent interested in the innova.
On the contrary, I would rather say that lets all Innova owners(only) start a thread where we discuss our concerns, atleast, I have plenty to talk about with our Innova users here

problems such as - smoking, AC, rear wheel spin in stock vehicle,

upgrades such as - printed antenna, adding bluetooth & aux input to the OE system, premium quality wooden gear knobs, steering wheel and other wooden trims, conversion to climate control a/c, roof racks, crash guards etc
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 00:01   #170
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Innova Maintainence

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
We got this car towards the end of December in 2006. So in one year it has done 25k kms. this car is used a lot 90% of the times in the city. It is a G4 model with the captains chairs in the middle and the 3 row ac.Its colour is champagne mica metallic.

Accessories

A few months later i decided to get HIDs for this car. surprisingly they are pretty focused and not spread all over the place. probably due to the shape of the innova reflectors. hopefully i should get projectors for the car.

Maintainence
At 10,000kms the car started giving out black smoke even on idle.
Then at 20,000 kms the smoke problem started again though it didnt come out on idle. there was also a slight tak-tak noise from the turbo. again and exhaust flush and changing a few small turbo parts under warranty solved it.
Akshay,
did you find projectors for Innova, with all the upgrades, why not the OE fog lamps too? I guess they are available thru ebay for 2.5K
has the smoking stopped since then? I too have this problem at 44000km

let know when you visit Pune next, we can probably meet up over a drinkcheers:

Cheers!!
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 00:20   #171
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default wheel spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I also forgot to mention that the car now wheelspins alot after installing the box.
very impressive, but I really wish that we had the option of an auto box and traction control

with the long throw of the gear lever, it ain't a slick action and the clock ticks while u shift, an autobox would had preveted this, and also would had made it probably faster

the long wheel base anyway causes frequent wheelspin the moment you are in loose tarmac, traction control would had prevented this

but then TKM would had charged another 2 lacs for that

Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 11:21   #172
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Hi ..two things

1 - are you reffering to rattling with respect to door speakers or just doors, how does padding/dampening would reduce noise level if we are not reffering to audio (I agree that innova has large doors and I almost have to tell everyone to take it easy with the door or someday it would come offwith the hinges, so I have been toying with the idea of padding it at the closure point, which dampen the thud!! of the closure), but I have a doubt that you guys are reffering to ICE

2. - did B&T tweak the OE system??, how do you go about that??

Thanks guys
Anupam
well there were rattles from the doors when going over rough roads and when the music was played at loud volumes. they dissapeared completely after damping but a few almost inaudible rattles are making their way back.

2 - i dont have the oe system http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-review-4.html read that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
so did you go for "mobil1 delvac", the ASC Pune (DSK-Toyota) says that they will use only what they get supplied with by TKM, anything else is a big No No for them

also, despite, if you did go for it, then does the warranty gets impacted?

any..anyways, whats your review on mobil1 delvac if you are running on it

does it damp out the irritating engine noise, any smoking issues

thanks
nope never managed to switch to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
On the contrary, I would rather say that lets all Innova owners(only) start a thread where we discuss our concerns, atleast, I have plenty to talk about with our Innova users here

problems such as - smoking, AC, rear wheel spin in stock vehicle,

upgrades such as - printed antenna, adding bluetooth & aux input to the OE system, premium quality wooden gear knobs, steering wheel and other wooden trims, conversion to climate control a/c, roof racks, crash guards etc
sure go ahead and start one. though wooden bits are not what im looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Akshay,
did you find projectors for Innova, with all the upgrades, why not the OE fog lamps too? I guess they are available thru ebay for 2.5K
has the smoking stopped since then? I too have this problem at 44000km

let know when you visit Pune next, we can probably meet up over a drinkcheers:

Cheers!!
projectors are available. but i didnt want to spend around 20k on them. im sure theyre cheaper now but i guess ill only end up getting them if something happens to my present headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
very impressive, but I really wish that we had the option of an auto box and traction control

with the long throw of the gear lever, it ain't a slick action and the clock ticks while u shift, an autobox would had preveted this, and also would had made it probably faster

the long wheel base anyway causes frequent wheelspin the moment you are in loose tarmac, traction control would had prevented this

but then TKM would had charged another 2 lacs for that

i think the auto box might be launched with the facelift to give the mhawk auto some competition.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 15:18   #173
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

UPDATE -

just got back from a 3 day trip to lonavla and took the innova. there were 5 people in the car totally with a bit of luggage. and again i must say thanks to petes. it made the trip so much more fun. i could keep a constant 140kmph on the expressway and managed to get her upto 160kmph. that is at the redline and i just wish the innova had another gear.

the c-drives are so much better than those crappy g3s. (yeah i call em crappy now). they were silent and gripped pretty well. taking the twisties on the ghat was pretty good fun though there was some excessive body roll if some of the sharper turns were taken above 75kmph.

was playing around with a c class on the way up to lonavla. i think the benz driver was pretty surprised that an innova was just about keeping up with him. mind you he was driving pedal to the metal. on the straights was no match for him but climbing up the ghat i did manage to catch up and even overtake him once.

the car has clocked about 48000kms till now and the 2 gas(?) struts that hold up the boot have given away. i mean they dont keep the boot up so we have to lift up the tailgate and hold it up. those will be changed at the next service.

mileage ??? didnt calculate.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th December 2008 at 15:21.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 18:26   #174
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
UPDATE -

was playing around with a c class on the way up to lonavla. i think the benz driver was pretty surprised that an innova was just about keeping up with him. mind you he was driving pedal to the metal. on the straights was no match for him but climbing up the ghat i did manage to catch up and even overtake him once.
Hehe. I've met a few Pete'd innovas on the highway, wouldnt tangle with them unless it was absolutely necessary.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 18:35   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the car has clocked about 48000kms till now and the 2 gas(?) struts that hold up the boot have given away. i mean they dont keep the boot up so we have to lift up the tailgate and hold it up. those will be changed at the next service.
same issue cropped up in my innova too!
however, the A.S.S. changed them under warranty during the 40,000 service.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 20:47   #176
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Hehe. I've met a few Pete'd innovas on the highway, wouldnt tangle with them unless it was absolutely necessary.
you shouldnt. lol at least if your below 150kmph. above that they wont be able to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
same issue cropped up in my innova too!
however, the A.S.S. changed them under warranty during the 40,000 service.
im not totally surprised about that considering the hatch isnt exactly light.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 23:48   #177
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

still havent taken pics. ill do it this week for sure.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 17:00   #178
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Where do you get petes mod for innova in Bangalore

Hi all,
Where do you get Petes mod for Innova in Bangalore. Any one from bangalore who got it done.
mansingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 20:44   #179
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Delvac fully synthetic at Rs600/litre sounds good, maybe its time to shift back to fully synthetic for me.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 21:28   #180
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Delvac fully synthetic at Rs600/litre sounds good, maybe its time to shift back to fully synthetic for me.
i dont know if youll get it there at that price. and delvac 1 is only in 5l cans.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Jetta 2.0 TDI HL MT - Now with Bilsteins and Pete's Remap! Chethan B G Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 404 12th June 2017 13:40
My Innova with Pete's tuning box - Initial observations sbhasin Long-Term Ownership Reviews 58 14th January 2015 12:41
Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd maverick030581 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 5th August 2010 16:58
Alto 2003-June, (LPG-2006, June); 45000Kms svsantosh Long-Term Ownership Reviews 18 1st June 2008 06:07
Innova gets Petes + Review BUSA Modifications & Accessories 31 10th May 2008 13:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks