Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th January 2009, 16:06   #196
BHPian

Akshay - Was looking through Petes website for air filters. Looking at your earlier posts, it seems to me that you went from Storm to 'Green Filter Universal Bi- cone K5.75BC' (See: Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Universal Filters > Green Filter Universal Bi- cone K5.75BC Pic below:

They also list 'Green Replacement Filter TOYOTA Innova DSL' (See: Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited> Main Section > Green Filters > Replacement Filters > Green Replacement Filter TOYOTA Innova DSL Pic below:

So which one are you having and the reasons?
sbhasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 20:23   #197
Team-BHP Support

actually mine is the stock replacement but it dosent look like a panel filter as in the 2nd pic it is more like a first pic. there is a pic of it somewhere in this thread.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 00:54   #198
Team-BHP Support

the car just came back from service. i dont know what all was done. will update tomorrow.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:28   #199
Team-BHP Support

after the service the gear shift feels much smoother, earlier it was getting hard and had asked them to look into it. also the steering seems to be lighter and they have also worked on the suspension, its making less noise now. they also fixed the rear right brake light.

i cleaned the green filter and put it back in the car. as always just after cleaning the car feels a bit more revv happy.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:41   #200
BHPian

So, the toyota guys didn't clean the air filter as part of the service?
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:44   #201
BHPian

Peted my Innova today!!

Thanks to Akshay for all the detailed information he provided

Also spoke with Peter and his reassurance sealed the deal in favor of Pete's tuning box

Will post my observations in a new thread

On the way home, I could feel some difference but there was too much traffic on Bangalore roads for making any objective observations
Old 24th February 2009, 01:03   #202
Team-BHP Support

now there seems to be some squeaky noise from the clutch. like a spring. also an irritating rattly sound from the rear left door. even the suspension has started squeaking a bit (probably due to bombays great roads). will have to send it to toyota for a check up. seems like the last service was below shinrais standards.
Old 19th March 2009, 02:12   #203
Team-BHP Support

just had a fun experience in that car today. was at d road today waiting to turn right onto marine drive, bloody cops held up cars for 15 mins so that some vip loser could pass. after that when we were getting ready to move i told my driver to floor it. he started off normally and halfway into the turn at about 30kmph in 2nd gear he floored it. the rear stepped out and the car actually drifted on the right turn. i was pretty impressed. never thought an innova could do that. nor did i think my driver would know how to do that (he even countersteered perfectly). imagine the looks on those 10 cops standing at the signal.

still enjoyable everytime in this car. always something fun everytime im in it whether beating a sedan in a signal drag or even things like this.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:45   #204
BHPian

Thanks akshay1234 for excellent review on Petes.

I just Peted my Innova yesterday. Have gone with the green air filter. After q7 the innova felt too lethargic. So had to do something about it ...

There is a whistling sound now from the turbo/filter ? now. Is it normal ?. Overall the difference in performance is very obvious and in my first test after the installation, I got a wheel spin !!
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:00   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thanks akshay1234 for excellent review on Petes.

I just Peted my Innova yesterday. Have gone with the green air filter. After q7 the innova felt too lethargic. So had to do something about it ...

There is a whistling sound now from the turbo/filter ? now. Is it normal ?. Overall the difference in performance is very obvious and in my first test after the installation, I got a wheel spin !!
congrats. yes the sound it normal. its from the filter. give it about half an hour or driving time to change the ecu values and youll get full power. my suggestion is to shift it up to the 2nd stage after a week.

and if your even remotely happy driving the peted innova after the q7 it says something.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:15   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
congrats. yes the sound it normal. its from the filter. give it about half an hour or driving time to change the ecu values and youll get full power. my suggestion is to shift it up to the 2nd stage after a week.

and if your even remotely happy driving the peted innova after the q7 it says something.
Ok so the whistle sound is normal. Thanks. That gives confidence.
Pardon my dumb question but how do you shift it up to the 2nd stage. Any dip switches etc on the blue box ?

About the happy part .. Yes all three of us (myself and both my drivers ).
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:24   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Ok so the whistle sound is normal. Thanks. That gives confidence.
Pardon my dumb question but how do you shift it up to the 2nd stage. Any dip switches etc on the blue box ?

About the happy part .. Yes all three of us (myself and both my drivers ).
good to hear that. see the word file ive attached.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Power settings for toyota Innova.doc (1.60 MB, 718 views)
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 22:15   #208
Team-BHP Support

ok so the car has now done 54xxx kms. will probably send it for the 6k service later this week. a couple of little niggles ive been noticing lately. i dont know if a 55k km old car is like this or maybe im just being skeptical but theyre still not huge niggles.

the car is usually given through dads company for the service to shinrai toyota and i dont know if theyve been following our instructions the last few services. anyway here are the little niggles

-some squeaking from the suspension. barely audible but irritating.
-the rear seats are rattling a little bit. i dont know what can be done about this?

-the suspension seems to be getting slightly stiffer. a slight drop in ride quality. i read sumans safari report where he changed the shocks at 55k. would it be around the same time period for the innova also?

-mileage seems to have gone down by 1-1.5kmpl. will ask them to check. maybe due to the car being ripped or due to more traffic jams in mumbai.

-squeek from the clutch spring (whatever its called) which comes and goes sometimes. when it is present it squeeks whenever the clutch is being pressed. again a bit irritating.

-left rear tail light will have to be replaced. one of my drivers managed to reverse into a pole inspite of the parking sensors. lol. dunno if well have to change both or only one.

-headlights also seem fogged up when the lights are on and look a bit dirty form the inside in the daytime. can they be cleaned or they might need to be changed too. seems to be a one off problem.

-a little tak tak noise from the turbo. barely audible. last time this happened they changed some gasket and it dissapeared. probably caused due to one of my drivers who thinks he knows it all and dosent idle the car everytime before shutting the engine even thought ive told him numerous times to idle it.

all the little niggles. lol. they dont really affect the car in any way and im sure a normal person wouldnt have even noticed but but being at auto nut i find all these silly things. if you have any ideas on rectifying these problems tell me please.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:24   #209
Team-BHP Support

so the cars finally gone for service. have an elantra as a replacement. will update with pics when its back.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:21   #210
Team-BHP Support

got the car back from service like a week ago. the clutch was changed. they seem to have sorted out most of the problems. here are a few pics. will use my dslr and take better pics in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes-23042009753.jpg  

CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes-23042009754.jpg  

CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes-23042009755-copy.jpg  

CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes-23042009759.jpg  

CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes-23042009760.jpg