Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th January 2008, 23:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Needless to say your FE figures are completely wrong.
Why do you say that Busa ? A colleague has a Logan (20 days old ) and is already getting about 14 kmpl in city.

And what is this Busa ?? You havent spoken about "Pete"ing the Logan yet ? Why ?

And ezee,

I see that you use Premium diesel - have you tried normal diesel ? Most manufacturers insist on normal diesels. Just curious !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And what is this Busa ?? You havent spoken about "Pete"ing the Logan yet ? Why ?

Probably because the logan does not need to be peted to perform.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:36   #18
BHPian

Nice review ezee. Seems like you're enjoying your car

A couple of my cousins back home have a Logan and a Swift D between them. According to them, the Logan gives better FE - which shocked me a bit, given that its the larger car. On my last trip home I double checked with them and they were pretty sure of what they were saying.

Second hand info apart, I find the Logan a VFM car. For 70k more than the Swift LDI you get a LOT more space, better build quality and better FE. You lose out on some small niggles (like wrong side indicators), slight bit on performance/handling and the Maruti A.S.S. network. On the whole, if you are someone who would use the extra space, the Logan seems a better car.

p.s. I am in the process of buying a Swift LDI, which gets delivered next week. The biggest reason I chose that over the Logan was that I wanted a smaller vehicle.
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
2.its supposed to be a cheap car, but it isnt. after paying 7 lacs on road,why should my neighbour look at me and think "he's driving a cheap car?"
That's the trouble with Logan. The price is not cheap. The looks are. Much cheaper priced Indigo looks more upmarket and proper car than Logan. I am not suggesting Indigo is a better car than Logan but general perceptions are definitely in favour of Indigo.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2008 at 04:23. Reason: Quote edited
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
And ezee,

I see that you use Premium diesel - have you tried normal diesel ? Most manufacturers insist on normal diesels. Just curious !!
I my Logan started from 14.3 kmpl and I noticed much difference after completing 5-6k, second service also improves performance.

Also regarding Premium Diesel, there is no doubt that Premium Diesel is better than normal (thats why its costlier like Premium Petrol), it gives more power and care for your Diesel engine, produces less particulate matter (the black carbon like matter). I dont think that Premium Diesel produces more smoke because the smoke you see is nothing but particulate matter produced by burning Diesel. Thats why you see more smoke in taxis than private cars because they use normal Diesel to cut cost.

I will post a pic of milage reading tomorrow.
ezee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 00:10   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Second hand info apart, I find the Logan a VFM car. For 70k more than the Swift LDI you get a LOT more space, better build quality and better FE.
70 k more than the LDI ?
Are you sure or was it a typo instead of VDI ?
He mentions 6.8l OTR orice.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 00:13   #22
BHPian

the 6.8L is for the higher version. the difference between the base versions is about 70k
Old 28th January 2008, 00:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
the 6.8L is for the higher version. the difference between the base versions is about 70k
Okay. So that means only a difference of 15odd grands between the VDI (ABS) and the base Logan. Cool. How "loaded" is the base Logan diesel ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 00:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Okay. So that means only a difference of 15odd grands between the VDI (ABS) and the base Logan. Cool. How "loaded" is the base Logan diesel ?
Its trim level is similar to the Swift LDI - a/c and power steering only. has slightly brighter interiors (better or not depends on whether you like beige or dark grey) but no goodies like central locking, power windows etc.
Old 28th January 2008, 02:10   #25
BHPian

It's a great review. I am glad to know that the car is performing so well.
I am waiting for the new and improved Logan 1.6. The car is really VFM.
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 08:04   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Why do you say that Busa ? A colleague has a Logan (20 days old ) and is already getting about 14 kmpl in city.

And ezee,

BUSA didnt have to talk about pete's cos I already did

there are claims of the logan making upto 27kms per litre of the sticky stuff
I think that was from autocar india . the advertisement here in cochin is- Kochi to Mumbai on a full tank.

and the tuning box reviews for the logan from one of the auto mags was amazing. dont remember the numbers, but the roll on acceleration figures were close to that of the stock swift D
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 08:27   #27
Team-BHP Support

[quote]A good realistic review

Quote:
Boxy look:

- Yes it has a boxy look and that’s where all the space comes from.
This car is about functionality, ease of manufacture where minimal capital equipment is required. Looks were not part of the picture

Quote:
No push button boot release:
This ain't a luxury car, this is a no frills car

Quote:
No ABS, EBD

- An option which will be available in coming up model, but trust me “The Road is full of idiot drivers” and 90% of accidents happen due to negligence in driving. I would love to keep my life and safety lines in my hands than a high-tech device like ABS and EBD.
I beg to defer, you need the ABS to avoid idiot drivers

Quote:
Poorly finished plastic material:
-No frills car, I repeat, fittings are rough and tough, not elegant and delicate

Quote:
Power window switches are wrongly placed:
Whole purpose is to minimise wiring costs. Better than the Alfa 75 where the buttons were in the roof!

Quote:
Cheap sedan with no purpose:
The main blunder is the pricing of the car. If they priced it properly, it would have been the nano of the mid range segment
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 11:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Quote:
My Current Performance (as per its computer readings):
- Average City: 18.5 kmpl
Computer readings are very very dodgie. Usually the computer is a bit optimistic and getting 18.5kmpl in the City is really really difficult for any car.

Quote:
It really slipped out of my mind but EL, why doesnot Logan require Petes, it does
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 12:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
there are claims of the logan making upto 27kms per litre of the sticky stuff
I think that was from autocar india . the advertisement here in cochin is- [b]Kochi to Mumbai on a full tank.
Well when we had the T-BHP meet at Goa - I did Mum-Goa in half tank (Diesel Octy) - Aditya was witness to it. Full a/c and 4 people inside with all the luggage in my boot.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 12:37   #30
BHPian

Question what about Mahindra-Renault partnership?

Great review. (even Pugram is also high about this car). Makes me seriously consider this.

There is another thread talking about the break of partnership (ok that is for the common assembly line)..

But if that event is foretelling something, then it will be really bad for the car. We know what happened to that wonderful Matiz when Daewoo folded right?
druva is offline   Reply With Quote