Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th January 2009, 11:20   #76
BHPian

My swift vdi is also due for its 5th service. Has done approx 28k kms so far.

Will be going to the service station this weekend, and will get the following jobs done on the car:
1. Engine oil
2. Oil filter
3. Brake cleaning
4. Tyre Rotation
5. There is a dent on the front left door. Need to get it repaired. Should I get it done from MASS or try some local mechanic/workshop?
6. Need to get all door panels tightened. Lots of rattles.

Anything else to be done? Any suggestions?
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 15:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

I was contemplating on changing my tyres for quite a while.this Friday I decided on changing it to Bridgestone and reached bridgestone select shop - Sri venkateshwara tyres (in BTM layout). Changed the JK tornado 165/80/R14 to BS Potenza GIII 185/70/R14. Ensured that he uses latest tyres (Manufacturing date 1809 - 18th week of 2009). Ensured that he mounts the tyres properly (As the tyres are unidirectional). Balancing and alignment done. All nozzles got steel caps. All this took a good 75 min and my pocket was setback by 16250 Rs. (3250*5 for the tyres Balancing and alignment free of cost). I had got higher quote from Nikhil (Madhu's) which was 3300 per tyre + 350 for alignment and balancing. For Turanza ER60 185/70/R14 tyres Sri venkateshwara quoted 3100*5 with alignment and balancing free while Nikhil was adding alignment and balancing extra. Anyone needs specific introduction to the proprietor of Sri Venkateshwara PM me.
Tyres are just great, much quieter than JK and much more grip than JK. Yet to test the wet grip, I hear it is much better than most of the competition.

Also completed 40 K Service at Kalyani Motors today. provided Mobil Delvac MX oil 5L can. Without oil and alignment /balancing the bill came to 5843. Details will follow.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 18:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

Detailed service bill -
1. Clip for fender lining 5 nos. - 12.15Rs.
2. bulb rear brake light 1 no - 48.89Rs.
3. Air cleaner - 230.22rs
4. Fuel filter - 1070.22Rs
5. Oil filter - 334.22Rs.
6. Plug assembly oil drain - 56.89Rs.
7. Bush gear cable - 17.78Rs.
8. Blade assembly wiper blade RH - Rs. 202.67
9. blade assembly LH - Rs.182.22
10. Coolant 3l - Rs.626.67
11. brake fluid 500 ml - Rs275.56
12.gear oil 2.4l (75W90 servo) - Rs. 778.66

Total parts - 3836.15Rs. +Tax amount - 479.52 = 4315.67Rs.+ 630 Rs. for 3.1L of Mobil Delvac MX oil = 4945.67Rs.

Paid Service - 760
Caliper pin greasing - 175
Brake cleaning - 250
Brake bleeding - 100
consumables - 100
Service total - 1385 + tax - 138.5 + cess 4.16 = 1527.66Rs.

Grand total = 4945.67 + 1527.66 = Rs. 6473.33

Noticed that price of fuel filter assembly has increased to 1200+ Rs. from 900Rs.
Old 13th July 2009, 10:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Default 41K kms - quick review on Potenza GIII.

Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs are performing very well. Recently had a highway run on Old Madras Road and the grip was just great. inspires confidence. At this point there is no road noise. I hear Road noise increases will more miles being put on Potenzas. Keeping my figures crossed.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:20   #80

Hi Folks!

I have a quick question.. my swift VDI has clocked 19.5k Kms and since the last 1 month, the front brakes have been making a lotta creaking noise. This only happens when the car is fully loaded (4 people). Does not happen when its just me and my wife as it is mostly only the two of us.

I got my stock rim replaced by neo sunrise (14"). I hope that is not what is causing this.

I am gonna take my car to the service station tomorrow but just wanted to check if there is anything specific i should point out to the service folks at Maruti.
Ankur_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 20:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur_J View Post
Hi Folks!

I have a quick question.. my swift VDI has clocked 19.5k Kms and since the last 1 month, the front brakes have been making a lotta creaking noise. This only happens when the car is fully loaded (4 people). Does not happen when its just me and my wife as it is mostly only the two of us.

I got my stock rim replaced by neo sunrise (14"). I hope that is not what is causing this.

I am gonna take my car to the service station tomorrow but just wanted to check if there is anything specific i should point out to the service folks at Maruti.
Does the noise come when you brake or when you move on a speed breaker or a pothole?
If it is a squeaking noise from brakes (When you brake) then get the brake pads checked for wear out. If it is during car moving over a speed breaker or pothole then get your suspension checked.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:38   #82

Thanks DieselFan!

I really had a busy month and so could not give my car to the service center. Just sent it today.

Well the noise is not from the suspension, it is from the brakes. I was told that cleaning would do the trick and it is unlikely that the brake pads would have worn off this early. But i would know for sure only after they call me later today. The service costs are very similar to what you mentioned in your post earlier.

However, I am wary of the A/C overhaul that the service guy said should be done at the 20k service. And it costs 3100 Rs, which i think is a bit steep given the AC is working perfectly fine.

I have opted for it this time but my bro also owns a swift dzire which would be shortly due for the 20k service too. Let me know if you think that is avoidable or may add upto more expenses later in which case we might as well go for it.

Thanks a ton!!
Old 8th September 2009, 21:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur_J View Post
However, I am wary of the A/C overhaul that the service guy said should be done at the 20k service. And it costs 3100 Rs, which i think is a bit steep given the AC is working perfectly fine.
AC overhaul is to be done when the AC is ineffective. Normally after 50000 kms and not before that. I have completed 44000 km on my Swift D and my AC is as powerful as Day 1 and cools the cabin within 2-3 min. The MASS folks are ripping you off. You are better of changing the MASS to a more reliable one.

They may also sell you a suspension greasing. Swift D doesn't need anything to be done on Suspension till it is to be replaced.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:23   #84

Thanks for that info. I was not quite sure about this so i took it this time but i'd have to ensure that i do not buy any of the add-ons they offer on each service and just follow the manual.

About the MASS, I got it done from Sai Service, Pune and i had been very happy with their service and the way they treat their customers. But the additional services they try to sell for no reason is definitely a big let down.
Old 17th September 2009, 10:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

MODS - Please change the title to 45000 KM update

Completed 45000 kms over the weekend. I did realize that there has been a drop in Turbo power. went to my usual MASS - Kalyani Motors and asked them to clean the Turbo/ Intercooler/Air filter. Done in 2 hours and was charged 500 Rs. Now the Turbo is performing like it had on Day1. Excellent feeling of acceleration similar to the one you get during a flight takeoff.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th September 2009 at 13:22. Reason: Please use Report post function to notify Mod team. Thanks
Old 17th September 2009, 12:58   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
asked them to clean the Turbo/ Intercooler/Air filter
Very interesting! Sounds like it should be a routine operation; is it not on the service list?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 15:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very interesting! Sounds like it should be a routine operation; is it not on the service list?
No this procedure is not indicated in the service list. Also we do not see other similar services/changes like changes in Belts, AC recharging, radiator service, engine overhaul not listed in the owners manual. As this is not periodic I presume the same is not listed in OM. Turbo servicing needs to be carried out only if there is a significant (Noticeable) drop in Turbo performance. Again this is subjective.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hey Diesel Fan,
Have a Swift Diesel bought in Jan 2008, done 40450 KMs. fully agree with you on your service points and costs. Neat Compilation. Did buy the Car from Kalyani though servicing is done @ Solar Automobiles. They do a faboulous job probably you can give it a shot. Mileage for me without using any fuel addittive is 15 in town and around 20 on the highways with AC 100%. Glasses are never down in my car. However i have one issue. The headlights keep blowing out at regular intervals. Have upgraded them to 100 watt as i do a lot of highway driving. Do you suggest getting on to standards or switching over to xenon? Also my tyres run on stock and am planning for the Potenza doughnuts have u witness a drop in mileage after upgrading them.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 09:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

Sorry for the late response. Not updated this thread for long hence went out of my radar. on your headlights query Best is to switch over to Xenon but is an expensive deal. You may also try some of the extreme power bulbs which have similar wattage as that of stock bulbs but give out at least 50% more light. You must also get the electric circuitry checked by a competent electrical mechanic.

SVS light came on in my Car a couple of days back. yesterday I took the same to Kalyani to get the same checked out. Scanner was run and the diagnosis was that there is a fault in Clutch sensor. It was slightly loose. so it was fixed and the issue resolved. it took 10 min and I didn't have to spend a Rupee. I am getting great service from Kalyani motors.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2009 at 10:03. Reason: Back to back posts, please EDIT the original post if you want to add. thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 10:04   #90
Team-BHP Support

Where exactly is Kalyani service center?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote