Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th February 2008, 08:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post

BUT my OE pads with came out are : - TOKICO EL799 FP63J0 JBSCO9A !!
The pads which went in are MGP 55810 M 63J00 !
Thats what it says on the box at least didnt actually study the new pads was too rushed. The new pads were packed on 11/07. All pic's soon.

Does this mean that the swift came with nice Japanese PADS and now they are on cruddy Indian MGP???

Do different MGP pads/discs exist ? OR all india one MGP brake pad/brake disc manufacturer?
I think you get SGP brake pads, but they are difficult to find. All dealers will stock mostly MGP. And they are not as good as SGP.

If you are going for EBC pads, atleast try Greenstuff instead of Ultimax which is only OEM replacement. How much are the pads quoted for?
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 00:20   #47
BHPian

Update :
EBC green brake pads available for esteem via N1 upto rs 5500
EBC ultimax brake pads available for the Swift via N1 upto rs 5000
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 12:28   #48
BHPian

The EBC ultimax definitely severely helped an OHC Automatic's [ car i hate ] braking , test drove it yesterday.

Myself going ultimax ASAP.
Pictures of my old pads up later today [ if anyone's interested ]
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 14:02   #49

Default Re: Swift Lxi -performance service at 17600 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I think you get SGP brake pads, but they are difficult to find. All dealers will stock mostly MGP. And they are not as good as SGP.

If you are going for EBC pads, atleast try Greenstuff instead of Ultimax which is only OEM replacement. How much are the pads quoted for?
I know it is a very old thread (the problem with braking in Esteem is old too ). Can you please let me know the part number for EBC Green Stuff brake pads and Discs for Esteem. I am planning to replace the pads as well as the discs (preferablly grooved discs). I am planning to get them imported. Thanks
kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 12:20   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Lxi -performance service at 17600 km

Hello Mates,

I am facing a lot of issues with brakes in my Swift Diesel, and this is the only let down in this car, could you guys suggest me with a performance brake upgrade along with its costing & availability in Bangalore.

Thanks in Advance !
slamnos is offline   Reply With Quote