Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th December 2006, 17:16   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Have they been put sir?? Wpuld love to see some pics
Rims are there in Psycho's place. I'm yet to make time for it. Trying to finish that before this year ends.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 22:02   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is the best ambassador i have seen... Hats off to you... for the great work...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 15:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Sir, is it done now. Can we have some pics.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 17:37   #94
BHPian

wah, what amazing devotion and dedication to the cause. It is like taking a body and change all its body parts- heart, lungs,kidney,legs,eyes,you name it- and still keeping the body alive. Just amazing.
squarecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 11:50   #95
BHPian

dear sen,
Please forgive me if i am hurting you. I saw a 13 inch wheel on your vehicle which you have taken from a contessa. By riding on a 13 inch instead of the normal 15 inch you are loosing pick up, mileage, ground clearence, riding comfort. So please go for the 15 inch one, if its the skinny tyres which hold you back then you can go for the 195/70-15 option for your rear tyres. For front you should stick on with any radial for an amby like bridgestone or goodyear gps2. You will see a terrific improvement in all spheres.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 20:12   #96
BHPian

Oh god , u made me fall in love with the ambassador again. Rudra, sir why did I not meet U when i was in bangalore for a part of 2005 and the whole of 2006?? All i could learn in Bnaglore was Kannada Gotilla ( hope i got the spelling right :-) ) Anyways i hope u will give me the permission to look u up If I am in bangalore ever again . Once again hats off to your car !! HM could take pointers from u and save their company from going down the drain !!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 21:38   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd
Please forgive me if i am hurting you. I saw a 13 inch wheel on your vehicle which you have taken from a contessa. By riding on a 13 inch instead of the normal 15 inch you are loosing pick up, mileage, ground clearence, riding comfort. So please go for the 15 inch one, if its the skinny tyres which hold you back then you can go for the 195/70-15 option for your rear tyres. For front you should stick on with any radial for an amby like bridgestone or goodyear gps2. You will see a terrific improvement in all spheres.
No, youíre not hurting me. In fact I did hurt my backside for a long time. Thanks to 13 inchers. Youíre absolutely right on your comments. At that point I thought 13 inch could be the right match for total Contessa drive set up. Also I thought that initial pick up should be better with small wheels. By going with small wheels along with what all you mentioned..I could feel every single small stone on the road. Some people are late learner and I fall into that category.

Going back to 15 inches had some issues. Front disk and rear drum pins are meant for Contessa rims. To go for original Ambassador or Gypsy rims, I had to re-weld those pins back again or go for new Ambassador disk/drum set up. Luckily, I got Psychoís Contessaís rims (15 inches, 6J steel disks from BMW). Itís straight bolt on. Donít ask me which model BMW because I donít know and Iíve never bothered to check.

My current wheels: BF Goodrich 195/70/15. Exactly what you recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Anyways i hope u will give me the permission to look u up If I am in bangalore ever again.
Please do contact me before you come here. Weíll go out for a drive. This car really moves. Trust me.
Old 4th April 2007, 21:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

My cousin also has a black amby which is totaly redone and it almost the same as your car the only addition to my cousins car is that it has 15" chrome alloys wheels
it has got 3 woofer and 3 lcd screens and the engine is a v6 petrol donn't ask me how he manage to get one but this car can out run any car on the road
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 22:06   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
My cousin also has a black amby which is totaly redone and it almost the same as your car the only addition to my cousins car is that it has 15" chrome alloys wheels
it has got 3 woofer and 3 lcd screens
I would like to see picture/s
Quote:
and the engine is a v6 petrol donn't ask me how he manage to get one but this car can out run any car on the road
I'm not surprised. Only question is what he has done to stop the car?
Old 5th April 2007, 00:48   #100
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
My current wheels: BF Goodrich 195/70/15. Exactly what you recommended.
Sen Ji, Where are the pics? Waiting for the pics...

Have a good one till then... ( Hope you remember me ! )

Cheers,
Jai
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 15:43   #101
BHPian

rudra sen-thats 1 awesome car, well maintained, beautiful paint job & few who seen it talked about the neatness of it too,great,because i myself is a sucker for cleanliness.good to know some 1's maintaining an old car so well,but....i have few opinions,1.the head rest of the car looks too sporty[netted1's] felt it didnt blend with a classic looking car,2.there are two extra lights at the rear[which i think is the reverse light]which could have been avoided,a rear light which has got a reverse light would have been better, this a bit ornamental,3.the horns are showing,i think it should be hid inside the bonnet.i just pointed out the above said opinions because after seeing the pics and reading your write up, felt you are into detailing[even i am].
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th June 2007, 16:23   #102
BHPian

Hi Rudrababu,

You & your car both are awesome. I know another person somewhat like you - My Dad - still going strong in a 1991 Amby not as modified as your's though but maintained. I will definitely make him read this review.

Great work and admireable passion for the car. Hats off to you.
tathagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 20:55   #103
Senior - BHPian

Sir, we are waiting for more pics of the Amby with the newer pics. I for one keep visiting and reading this thread quite often, sadly only to find it dormant.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 21:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I would like to see picture/s
I'm not surprised. Only question is what he has done to stop the car?
sorry sir for the late answer
but will get the pic when i go to his pind next and the he has new model brakes
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 21:16   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
Hi Rudrababu,

You & your car both are awesome. I know another person somewhat like you - My Dad - still going strong in a 1991 Amby not as modified as your's though but maintained. I will definitely make him read this review.

Great work and admireable passion for the car. Hats off to you.
Thanks a ton Tathagata. I'll be honoured if he reads it and likes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Sir, we are waiting for more pics of the Amby with the newer pics. I for one keep visiting and reading this thread quite often, sadly only to find it dormant.
Busa, really sorry. There are few issues (though small) with my Amby. Waiting for Mr Psycho to give me time. Post that I'll take some shots. Trust me, it's long overdue from my side also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
sorry sir for the late answer
but will get the pic when i go to his pind next and the he has new model brakes
Great, I would love to see that.