Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th March 2013, 12:43   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Palio Stile SLX 1.1 - 7500 KMs Ownership Report

Hi all, It is been 4+ years now, I have completed 59k Kilometers so far.I would like to share a short and quick ownership report.

What are the pros and cons after 4 years of owning ?

Pros :
>Value for money any day.
>After 4+ years , I still feel save inside my car, the Built quality is awesome
>A good Budget car for City use and Highways
>The driving comfort is still the same from the day one.
>The gear shifts still feels new.

Cons
>Bad turning radius which I dint notice while buying , turns like a lorry !
>Engine sounds like a diesel engine, clattering noise in the morning, then slowly calms down, No service people could address it.
>Break disc life is very poor, frequent noise while breaking.Lost the count of break disc :P ( I dont do hard breaking ..Still that was the case)
>ill today I dint have a good experience with TATA service people. They have learnt to be lethargic and they are used to it now.
>Goodyear tyres had manufacturing defects and I replaced 5 of them after 15000 KMs.
>57 BHP was always a let down for a 1 tone CAR. But manageable with some good driving skills.

Will I buy a fiat again ?

Well, this is a tricky question, though I would like to own one, but I wouldn't like to maintain one at-least in bangalore. Going forward I would like to spend lesser time in service stations or the spent time should be useful and it shouldn't become waste. I have a new FIAT showroom opened near my house, I am curious to see the linea , but I am afraid too.May be sometime in future I may consider if things improves. My next upgrade is definitely not a fiat.

Overall nothing less , nothing more, FIAT was a good experience.

I would like to thank everybody in this thread for all the help and information shared.

Regards
Srikanth
gatsri007 is offline   Reply With Quote