Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th December 2008, 14:41   #466
Senior - BHPian

Woh! Really sorry to hear about this accident JK, that's a lot of money out of pocket. I hope the bonnet is looking OK after the suction treatment.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 15:22   #467
Senior - BHPian

How come you had to pay cash and are still awaiting insurance?
Did you not have a cashless policy?
To the best of my knowledge you pay only 50% for plastic parts, so your damages should be much lesser.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 16:09   #468
Senior - BHPian

Oh My god!!!
You sure are a lucky man and your gods must like you!
That is a nasty accident. Thank god nothing happened to that guy otherwise the bill on the safari would have been the least of your worries.
The damage can be mended, but if anything would have happened to that guy, well lets not even talk about that!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 16:12   #469
abk
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Took him to nearest hospital in my Safari and after initial diagonse we came to know he was alive and had nothing broken! Send him for a CT Scan and I wanted to make sure he was all ok and he was as per the CT scan result. All he had was 3 stictches on hsi head and some brusie. He was awake by the time they brought him back afer the CT scan.

Since they didnt have any issues and thr local crowd saw how it all happened we all didt want a case and split after settling his hospital bill.
[_
JK, you have demonstrated the perfect example of fellow care risking yourself to the wrath of mob fury. Almighty was kind on you. So was the crowd which gleaning from my road experience appears an exception. Anyway all is well that ends well I am sure you would have been a little shaken by the incident but appreciate doing everything that you did Hope you enjoy driving the safari without any further incidents.
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 17:02   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
All's well that ends well. Lucky everything worked out. How much do you expect the depreciation is going to cost on all the plastic and glass?
50% . There was not damage to glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
sad to see the car's state buddy. i know how it feels when we see our beloved vehicle in such a condition.
i am very glad to hear that you took the initiative to take him to the hospital and cover all his medical expenses. i have heard that the people in kerela beat up the car driver in the event of an accident? true?
Well depends

As I said I was lucky. I guess the Tvm reg fancy number helped a bit.A friend and TBHPian's (Sameerdg) uncle etc helped me a lot. And people saw this accident happening and knew how well I tried to avoid this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
it has happened in the area where this occured . Even I keep an extra eye out in that region. jkdas had no problems though
That stretch is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
look at the base (inside), there seems to be a crack.
WIll post a pic later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Woh! Really sorry to hear about this accident JK, that's a lot of money out of pocket. I hope the bonnet is looking OK after the suction treatment.
I know the best man to do these kind of jobs at Tvmor maybe this part of Cochin. Even Steeroid met him and was all wow about his knowledge when it comes to paint and stuff. He runs a shop called N.N. furnishing or so aka Color Wheels at Chakka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
How come you had to pay cash and are still awaiting insurance?
Did you not have a cashless policy?
To the best of my knowledge you pay only 50% for plastic parts, so your damages should be much lesser.
They will give me the DD not the workshop and hence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Oh My god!!!
You sure are a lucky man and your gods must like you!
That is a nasty accident. Thank god nothing happened to that guy otherwise the bill on the safari would have been the least of your worries.
The damage can be mended, but if anything would have happened to that guy, well lets not even talk about that!
True. Bless his guardian angel.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 08:50   #471
Team-BHP Support

JK, although i had an idea that something had occurred since you didnt get your vehicle for the KL meet, i didnt think it was this bad.

Thankfully, nothing more than this. As we all know, could have been a lot more worse.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 09:21   #472
Senior - BHPian

JK, Sorry to see your car in this shape. However, Glad to hear that nothing happended to the person who got hit. You are a good samaritan my friend.
Take care.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 11:20   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys

The headlamp had to be replaced coz its lock(clamp) broke where its bolted to the body.
Attached Images

Old 12th December 2008, 12:02   #474
Senior - BHPian

is there any kind of fix ( superglue ? ) even I have a foglamp which is perfectly intact except for the broken clamp
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 12:43   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks guys

The headlamp had to be replaced coz its lock(clamp) broke where its bolted to the body.
Could have avoided if there was no damage to front glass and reflector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
is there any kind of fix ( superglue ? ) even I have a foglamp which is perfectly intact except for the broken clamp
Hare Horn ji

Use this.
Al Nazeer Nippon Chemical ( Products)
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 13:13   #476
Senior - BHPian

Hey jk sad to know such an incident took place. BTW what was the imbecile doing while riding, dint he realize that he had no place to go ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 13:20   #477
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear this JK - Glad to know no one was hurt!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 13:59   #478
Team-BHP Support

JK,

Just read your tyre cut and accident. Sorry for both.

The tyre cut looks like a clean/controlled incision - vandalism perhaps ?

Also unfortunate that all the parts damaged in the accident turned out to be plastic ones, with insurance clauses about reduced payout for plastic parts.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 13:59   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Could have avoided if there was no damage to front glass and reflector.

Hare Horn ji

Use this.
Al Nazeer Nippon Chemical ( Products)
Hehe, nice one.

Kp, the headlight is fixed using two bolts to the body and both of these were broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey jk sad to know such an incident took place. BTW what was the imbecile doing while riding, dint he realize that he had no place to go ?
75+ year old man. What can one do/say.

Maggie; 13k or so for plastics! :(

Last edited by jkdas : 12th December 2008 at 14:19.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:47   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Default odo @ 26200kms

Did trip to Kovai last day and was wondering if I would need a sedan couple of years down the lane as now roads are getting wider and better. There's a safe speed limit for an SUV:(

People were against beige interiors coz they say it will get dirty. At 26k I would so I dont have that issue and dirt goes off in a wash.

Mileage max is 11.25kmpl, city or highway.

Ah,met the Bolero Storm on the way to Kovai. Well, its fast. Was able to keep up with me till 120. In gear acceleration is good but he knew he cant overtake me. Hope the car isnt for a customer (it had no reg plates).